To be fair to Tyrod.....

Bill from NYC

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Tyrod.... He wrote a nice letter to the fans. He said he was ready, he said the team was ready. He wasn't, they weren't. If he keeps playing like this his next letter will say goodbye.

Tyrod won't throw to a player unless they are completely uncovered. Good QBs put it in a place where only the receiver can catch it even if the receiver is covered. Tyrod is far from a good QB. Tyrod either doesn't trust his receivers or his arm or both. I watched a little of Fitz yesterday. He isn't hesitant, he trusts his receivers and has no problem placing the ball where it needs to go. Tyrod needs to grow a pair.

To be fair to the Bills & Rex. That was the same type of losing football we have seen for the last 15 years. Nothing has changed, if the O is okay the D stinks. If the D is okay the O stinks, if the O & D are good special teams blows it. If all play well then some idiot makes a bone headed play or penalty. Rex was out-coached yet again and he has team loaded with idiots. His o-line had it handed to them. The WRs are invisible. QB stunk. Keeping Gronk was sheer stupidity, and it probably cost them this game. Aren't they glad they saved some of Felton's money.

Rex kept Gronk to look like a big shot to Rob. He drafted Shaq to look like a big shot to the Clemson guys he hung with. Wrong players for the wrong reasons.

To be fair to Marcel, Karlos, and Seantrel, on their suspensions,... This season will be over by the time they play with a likelihood that we start 0&4. The team should sit Marcel & Seantrel another 4 games when they come back. It is time to treat them like men and not spoiled children and teach them a real lesson. Bench them and let them really learn something. Lord knows they learned nothing in college. Karlos deserved getting cut for being a lazy, stupid, fat pig .

Seantrel smoked weed because of Crohn's is complete BS. He smoked weed because he is stupid. What did he think would happen after his first three failed tests?

roman needs to watch what Pats did with edleman. I hate the little prick but sucker got the ball a variety of ways in their first set of series. Why can we not devise a game plan to neutralize opposing defenses?

I've been irked about this since they drafted Sammy and maybe even further back. The bills have always had this syndrome with their alleged playmakers. They are busy using them as a decoy or explaining how the opposing team took that player completely away. Meanwhile Brown, Cooper, Calvin Johnson (until recently), aj green, Edelmen, Julio jones keep crushing it with monster #s.

I've been irked about this since they drafted Sammy and maybe even further back. The bills have always had this syndrome with their alleged playmakers. They are busy using them as a decoy or explaining how the opposing team took that player completely away. Meanwhile Brown, Cooper, Calvin Johnson (until recently), aj green, Edelmen, Julio jones keep crushing it with monster #s.

or, you know, as the tape clearly shows, we don't have a QB who can keep defenses honest...

I'm coming around to this idea too. We hadn't for a long time and thought things changed with TT... Maybe not after all

the one thing taylor does best, the one thing he did last year better than any other QB in the league was go deep. what was the one thing he didn't do yesterday?

AND DON'T F'ING TELL ME IT WAS BECAUSE OF PLAY CALLING.

Throw should have gone to Woods on the post.

I see it. Clay on Seam is there too

he's still 25 yards back. He would have had to make up a lot of ground to break up that play.

Ian agreeing. I was more pointing out they took the deep sideline ball away and knew that the middle wouldn't be touched.

the one thing taylor does best, the one thing he did last year better than any other QB in the league was go deep. what was the one thing he didn't do yesterday?

AND DON'T F'ING TELL ME IT WAS BECAUSE OF PLAY CALLING.

My only comment re: play calling is you just practice over and over and have Tyrod throwing to a spot even if he can't see downfield. It's just too simple for everyone to copy this Scheme Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I see it. Clay on Seam is there too

Ian agreeing. I was more pointing out they took the deep sideline ball away and knew that the middle wouldn't be touched.

All good, wasn't sure if you were pointing him out as someone that would have defended it or pointing out how far away he is.

All good, wasn't sure if you were pointing him out as someone that would have defended it or pointing out how far away he is.

Effing Ravens knew Tyrod wouldn't throw between the hashes. They need to start forcing him to throw in the middle or the season is done. Anyone can defend if you're not worried about the entire middle of the field

The ravens had the ball about 5.5 more minutes (less than 10%) and had almost twice as many yards. Flacco was 23/34 and Tyrod 15/22 - this team better figure out that passing the football is how you win and control the game. This is most certainly not Tyrod's fault.

Effing Ravens knew Tyrod wouldn't throw between the hashes. They need to start forcing him to throw in the middle or the season is done. Anyone can defend if you're not worried about the entire middle of the field

Well after he got shady murdered on that pass over the middle he must have decided to stop doing it. Or something. I dunno. I'm just guessing at this point. I will say Oline aside, I don't think I've seen him play that poorly.

Yea. I defended him initially in the game thread saying he was holding it so long guys must not be open. They were. Having watched the game back Tyrod was horrid yesterday.

It was very Trent Edwards esque.

However, we have to know what we have. So if he is healthy for 16 games he plays all 16. Then let a new staff (and likely a new FO - and I say that as a Whaley fan) decide whether to cut ties.

That yesterday wasn't good enough. It wasn't even close to being good enough. It might be the worst of 32 QB performances this weekend.

Well after he got shady murdered on that pass over the middle he must have decided to stop doing it. Or something. I dunno. I'm just guessing at this point. I will say Oline aside, I don't think I've seen him play that poorly.

Maybe... Still shady was the check down. The linebackers were sitting tight on the short ball... They didn't worry them selves a bit about the empty free pasture behind them.

It was a horrible performance but we should expect some improvement. The game was probably faster than normal for him as he saw limited action in the preseason. He was also playing against his old team so maybe his attention wasn't in the right place?

I'm not in the excuse making business, I think the team is a mess but I don't think Tyrod is as bad as we saw yesterday. Hopefully things slow down for him and he displays this confidence that we have been hearing about. Go Bills.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It was a horrible performance but we should expect some improvement. The game was probably faster than normal for him as he saw limited action in the preseason. He was also playing against his old team so maybe his attention wasn't in the right place?

I'm not in the excuse making business, I think the team is a mess but I don't think Tyrod is as bad as we saw yesterday. Hopefully things slow down for him and he displays this confidence that we have been hearing about. Go Bills.

If he is not seeing that coverage on the left side, the first play of the game, and at least trying to take advantage of it, we have a serious problem.

If he is not seeing that coverage on the left side, the first play of the game, and at least trying to take advantage of it, we have a serious problem.

Oh we have serious problems no doubt about that, it was the first play of the season maybe nerves kicked in and he had the blinders on.

:lol: I hope yesterday proves to be an aberration.

Honestly all I could think of was watching film from the Trent days, EJ too. Absolutely oblivious to reading the D (although I get it if the play is coming late), but ffs at least scan the field before you check down....

Honestly all I could think of was watching film from the Trent days, EJ too. Absolutely oblivious to reading the D (although I get it if the play is coming late), but ffs at least scan the field before you check down....

Big plays like the ones he missed turn losses in to wins. It simply cannot happen.

Yea. I defended him initially in the game thread saying he was holding it so long guys must not be open. They were. Having watched the game back Tyrod was horrid yesterday.

It was very Trent Edwards esque.

However, we have to know what we have. So if he is healthy for 16 games he plays all 16. Then let a new staff (and likely a new FO - and I say that as a Whaley fan) decide whether to cut ties.

That yesterday wasn't good enough. It wasn't even close to being good enough. It might be the worst of 32 QB performances this weekend.

Why do we have to give a 6' QB drafted in the sixth round an entire second season to see what we have when the 6'5" 240 lb athlete with a stronger arm than Tyrod was continually yanked with no chance to develop? I am not arguing that EJ should play (yet) - I think that Marrone killed his confidence and for sure EJ struggles with accuracy on some inexplicably easy passes (screens and anything on the run), but Manuel has more prototype physical talent by a long shot and was kicked to the curb.

Why does the undersized Taylor deserve better after that fiasco?