To be fair to Tyrod.....

Bill from NYC

To be fair to Tyrod, he was abysmal. When they extended him, I had a twinge of "Fitz take 2." Sunday certaintly added to that fear. He's afraid to lead the receiver or to take a shot down field. Great recevers beat two deep safety coverage. And great QB's get them the ball. We don't have a QB that can do that. Right now I'm feeling we have a mobile Trent Edwards.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Tyrod, he was abysmal. When they extended him, I had a twinge of "Fitz take 2." Sunday certaintly added to that fear. He's afraid to lead the receiver or to take a shot down field. Great recevers beat two deep safety coverage. And great QB's get them the ball. We don't have a QB that can do that. Right now I'm feeling we have a mobile Trent Edwards.

Based on his performance last season, this is not correct. To the contrary, it was the strength of his game. The hope is that yesterday is an exception based on what he showed previously.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is one strange post.

it is not unreasonable to assume that he would have had a better showing if Sammy was healthy.

We all know that Sammy is a good player, and wr is a problem if they were all healthy.

Woods imo has morphed into a strange player. I saw him throw a nice block yesterday but he looked like his balance was off on other plays. Almost like he was intox, falling around, etc. And with teams forced to double Watkins, one would think he would be open more than he appears to be.

If Sammy is out for any length of time, this could very well be a top 5 team in the 2017 draft. Hopefully by then, Whaley will not have given away the rest of our picks.

Yeah totally disagree here, Sammy was healthy for the game and sore after. No excuse at all for not going downfield and attempting more vertical passes. Tyrod and Roman can share equal blame here. Tyrod had opportunities to throw deep and chose not to, and Roman was late getting plays in which ruins the flow of the offense and doesn't allow time for audibles and examining defensive alignment. Edited by OhDozeBills

Yeah totally disagree here, Sammy was healthy for the game and sore after. No excuse at all for not going downfield and attempting more vertical passes. Tyrod and Roman can share equal blame here. Tyrod had opportunities to throw deep and chose not to, and Roman was late getting plays in which ruins the flow of the offense and doesn't allow time for audibles and examining defensive alignment.

No way, no blame on Roman at all today. Tyrod stunk out loud!

it is not unreasonable to assume that he would have had a better showing if Sammy was healthy.

We all know that Sammy is a good player, and wr is a problem if they were all healthy.

Woods imo has morphed into a strange player. I saw him throw a nice block yesterday but he looked like his balance was off on other plays. Almost like he was intox, falling around, etc. And with teams forced to double Watkins, one would think he would be open more than he appears to be.

If Sammy is out for any length of time, this could very well be a top 5 team in the 2017 draft. Hopefully by then, Whaley will not have given away the rest of our picks.

Every team deals with injuries........The good teams win regardless.

To be fair to Tyrod, I'm not sure he's afraid to take a shot downfield. I think sometimes he doesn't see past his 1st read. He certainly missed apparently even seeing wide open players several times - never looked that way.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

With 26cb here... Tyrod is VERY accurate and made every throw last year. Including one of the best most consistent deep sideline balls we've seen.

The issues I think are these 3: (1) he's not going to throw that deep sideline route with two deep rolled to Sammy.... And woods isn't getting open on that route (2) can't see the middle of the field. (3) it sure seems like the Ravens figured out something about half field reads or his # of progressions

No offense Bill, but I don't think this is a good take. Watkins played a fine game and by all accounts from those at the game was open often.

The offense ineptitude probably has more to do with not taking chances and playing into the defense, only taking what they give you.

Also, not sure how to blame some of Taylor's sailing throws on Watkins. Taylor was just off yesterday. Let's hope that doesn't continue or this will be a long year.

Edit: and now here's proof from the first offensive snap,

IdealisticMetallicHarborporpoise.gif

WR at top, probably Woods, was wide open. I'm willing to bet there were guys wide open most of the day.

Colin Cowherd- "The Buffalo Bills are so idiotic they gave contract extensions to Ryan Fitzpatrick and TYrod Taylor in August. They don't even know what they are doing"

When talking about how the best QB in the division that Brady had to compete against was Chad Pennington. He then went on to say we are clearly the 2nd worst team only behind the Brownies.

ouch, that is rough

Taylor gets hurt and EJ comes in and leads us to the playoffs.

:doh::doh:

To be fair to Tyrod, I'm not sure he's afraid to take a shot downfield. I think sometimes he doesn't see past his 1st read. He certainly missed apparently even seeing wide open players several times - never looked that way.

It doesn't even look like he's going through reads on 90% of the passing plays. He latches onto one guy and either freaked out and dumped it off, scrambled, or through it to his one and only read.

I think your logic is flawed. Just because we screwed up the way we tried to deal with EJ (not convinced he'd have ended up that different) does not mean we should screw it up with Tyrod, just to be fair...

I am not really suggesting that the Bills should make the same mistake with Taylor that they did with Manuel, just pointing out the disparity in how both fans and coaches appear to be treating the two.

I am not really suggesting that the Bills should make the same mistake with Taylor that they did with Manuel, just pointing out the disparity in how both fans and coaches appear to be treating the two.

There is no argument from me with regards to the fact this organisation did not do everything in its power to put EJ in position to be successful. I think it is why you have fans around here who would still like to see him get another shot. Personally I think the book is closed and results are in on EJ and I see no merit in going back to him at this stage unless Tyrod gets injured.

The Bills did a clever contract with Tyrod that basically bought them another year to decide with the chances that if he hits they have him tied down. We need to do as much evaluation this year as possible. Ideally all 16 games.

I really hope that Sunday was just the occasion and return to Baltimore being too big for him because he was missing the chance to throw downfield to open guys often (he held the ball too long too which made an already tough day for the line harder) and pretty much all his checkdowns to Clay and the backs were thrown high and as a result were incomplete or required tough catches that removed YAC possibilities.

Just a question. Tyrod had that one insane/magic escape from being sacked, then threw a great ball to Clay, who then grabbed a bunch of extra yards and almost got the TD. Other than that, where was Clay the rest of the game? Was he that well covered?

When Dray went down he was blocking more. Maybe he should have been chipping ?

I did not notice it, but that was the report from one our more reliable sources here : ) And it made sense considering the pass rush

There is no argument from me with regards to the fact this organisation did not do everything in its power to put EJ in position to be successful. I think it is why you have fans around here who would still like to see him get another shot. Personally I think the book is closed and results are in on EJ and I see no merit in going back to him at this stage unless Tyrod gets injured.

The Bills did a clever contract with Tyrod that basically bought them another year to decide with the chances that if he hits they have him tied down. We need to do as much evaluation this year as possible. Ideally all 16 games.

I really hope that Sunday was just the occasion and return to Baltimore being too big for him because he was missing the chance to throw downfield to open guys often (he held the ball too long too which made an already tough day for the line harder) and pretty much all his checkdowns to Clay and the backs were thrown high and as a result were incomplete or required tough catches that removed YAC possibilities.

I wonder what he and Roman are talking about in regard to routes this week.

Can Roman help him out ?

As mentioned the plays were there IF Tyrod would get the ball out at the break and not after it. Timing the release.

When Dray went down he was blocking more. Maybe he should have been chipping ?

I did not notice it, but that was the report from one our more reliable sources here : ) And it made sense considering the pass rush

I wonder what he and Roman are talking about in regard to routes this week.

Can Roman help him out ?

First thing Roman needs to do is figure out what went wrong with the running game (and I think he will it is the thing he does best) that will slow the rushers and buy Tyrod a little extra time but he needs to make faster and better decisions in the pocket. He just has to.

The couple of silly penalties aside and one matchup disaster that Rex rightly took on himself the defense was encouraging. If they can figure the run game out they can try and ease Tyrod back into some kind of ryhthm the next couple of games. I can't believe that at least in the short term Sunday will not do some damage to his confidence.

Yikes.

It would be nice if they drafted a QB who could actually read a defense instead of these project QBs.

I don't want Whaley making that pick if Tyrod continues playing like he did Sunday.

Rich boy ain't hungry no more.

We just got fitzed again but worse, fitz could actually read defenses

First thing Roman needs to do is figure out what went wrong with the running game (and I think he will it is the thing he does best) that will slow the rushers and buy Tyrod a little extra time but he needs to make faster and better decisions in the pocket. He just has to.

The couple of silly penalties aside and one matchup disaster that Rex rightly took on himself the defense was encouraging. If they can figure the run game out they can try and ease Tyrod back into some kind of ryhthm the next couple of games. I can't believe that at least in the short term Sunday will not do some damage to his confidence.

Well that's an easy one. The Ravens didn't respect TT ability to beat them with his arm or his brain so they stacked the box more and more.

It's going to happen more and more until TT proves he can adapt.

Being fair to Tyrod, I thought the whole offense stunk.

The performance by the OL was pathetic. They were't opening holes for the backs and weren't protecting Tyrod. Taylor checked down often due to pressure, and often got happy feet.

Watching on TV, I can't tell if the WRs were getting open. But I could see they were often bunched together bringing several defenders into the same area and making yards-after-catch (if complete) impossible. Really makes me wonder about the play design and play calling.

Tyrod sent out that "We're ready" message a couple days ago. It didn't look like anyone on the offense was ready.

Some members of the Rex Sux crowd have said they want GRo to be the coach, thinking he'd hire a good DC. I wonder if that's still the dream after Sunday's abysmal showing.

No offense Bill, but I don't think this is a good take. Watkins played a fine game and by all accounts from those at the game was open often.

The offense ineptitude probably has more to do with not taking chances and playing into the defense, only taking what they give you.

Also, not sure how to blame some of Taylor's sailing throws on Watkins. Taylor was just off yesterday. Let's hope that doesn't continue or this will be a long year.

Edit: and now here's proof from the first offensive snap,IdealisticMetallicHarborporpoise.gif

Agree here. I said Taylor will have to lead this team this year for success. He did the opposite of that Sunday. To me the seam was wide open and probably would of went for 6 cause the safety would of never got back in time. You can't progress as a QB until you can see the whole field. Let's see what he does Thursday night. He doesn't improve big time it's fat lady boys.

Agree here. I said Taylor will have to lead this team this year for success. He did the opposite of that Sunday. To me the seam was wide open and probably would of went for 6 cause the safety would of never got back in time. You can't progress as a QB until you can see the whole field. Let's see what he does Thursday night. He doesn't improve big time it's fat lady boys.

Totally disagree that play would've been 6.

Woods would've stepped on the sideline. Admit it.

I think our biggest issue is we are weighted too heavily on defense and not enough on offensive coaching.

We essentially have 3 defensive coordinators and Roman is on his own with the keys to a really talented offense that he seems to be mismanaging.

Look at our roster, we are not built to be a ground and pound team which is Romans system.

We have speed. A quick qb, shifty runners, speed receivers etc. This a run and shoot, create space and let TT improvise roster.

I am always against mid season coaching changes but if I were Rex I'd have Roman go to the press conference after any game we scored less than 20 points and take the tough questions.

And I would demand he call more aggressive packages/plays on offense, including giving Tyrod more leeway for line audibles. We are too tight and playing the wrong game for our personnel.

I think our biggest issue is we are weighted too heavily on defense and not enough on offensive coaching.

We essentially have 3 defensive coordinators and Roman is on his own with the keys to a really talented offense that he seems to be mismanaging.

Look at our roster, we are not built to be a ground and pound team which is Romans system.

We have speed. A quick qb, shifty runners, speed receivers etc. This a run and shoot, create space and let TT improvise roster.

I am always against mid season coaching changes but if I were Rex I'd have Roman go to the press conference after any game we scored less than 20 points and take the tough questions.

And I would demand he call more aggressive packages/plays on offense, including giving Tyrod more leeway for line audibles. We are too tight and playing the wrong game for our personnel.

Audibles??? Are you kidding? This guy can't even take a piss without someone telling him to do it.

I believe Roman gets input from Chris Palmer and Kromer on how to attack defenses.