New Era - Smart or Stupid for current sponsorship

Like it or not New Era Field is the new name. But if a new stadium is coming in less then 10 years why did they waste the money now? You're not going to use the same name twice. The only answer i can come up with is that in 10 years New Era wont be able to afford a long term name for the open air, grass field stadium that'll be built downtown near the waterfront.

We've run out of things to be negative about and now we need to question the Bills about the financial viability of a sponsor?

HAHA for sure. To the OP, ever bought a New Era cap? They are not running out soon of $$$ with those prices.

Yes I know they are only the manufacturer of the cap.................

Like it or not New Era Field is the new name. But if a new stadium is coming in less then 10 years why did they waste the money now? You're not going to use the same name twice. The only answer i can come up with is that in 10 years New Era wont be able to afford a long term name for the open air, grass field stadium that'll be built downtown near the waterfront.

Because they want to market to their consumers and keep their brand top of mind NOW, not in 10 years (well, probably in 10 years too), but they're focused on today, not that far in the future. Pretty simple, no going broke theories needed...

Any decent naming rights contract is good for the Bills. If we start winning as a repeat playoff team, we will get more night and nationally televised games. With that the large companies will ok at us in 7 years.

Make some money Pegulas. That means your happy and our team stays in Buffalo for decades.

I'm pretty sure that they have the first right of refusal at the new stadium as per this deal. This deal makes sense for them as they got in inexpensively. New Era has plenty of money to continue on at the new stadium should they choose to. They are an NFL partner and a local company. It is a natural fit for all parties.

I'm pretty sure that they have the first right of refusal at the new stadium as per this deal. This deal makes sense for them as they got in inexpensively. New Era has plenty of money to continue on at the new stadium should they choose to. They are an NFL partner and a local company. It is a natural fit for all parties.

They do get first rights. I hate New Era Field. I will love New Era Stadium though as far as names go.

They do get first rights. I hate New Era Field. I will love New Era Stadium though as far as names go.

Probably saving the better name for the real "New Era" stadium!

Edited by Chilly

pilot field, dunn tire park, coca cola field.......as a fan, who cares.

rich stadium, the ralph, new era field, new era stadium......as a fan, who cares.

Marine Midland Arena, HSBC Arena, and First Niagara Center, KeyBank Center....who cares.

if new era thinks it helps them, all the power to em. we know the revenue helps the bills.

Edited by papazoid

New New Era Field?

We've run out of things to be negative about and now we need to question the Bills about the financial viability of a sponsor?

Well, certainly there have been many stadium rights deals tha didn't outlast the company due to bankruptcy--some were bigger corporations than New Era.

Look at Miami. And now Denver.

Well, certainly there have been many stadium rights deals tha didn't outlast the company due to bankruptcy--some were bigger corporations than New Era.

Look at Miami. And now Denver.

I don't know about denver, but Miami received all of the money from the deal and while the company declared bankruptcy, they didn't cease to exist. This certainly seems like a weird thing to be worried about that a company won't be able to afford the naming rights in 10 years.

Think big picture

its a smart move

I was just thinking this morning wouldnt it be cool if every season ticket holder showed up to their seat and there was a brand new authentic bills New Era cap on their seat with a sign

"we are all in this together"

They sent us hats in 2012, if I recall.

I don't think you understand how stadium naming rights works.

Where do you find those camo ones that Ed Reed wears? I've looked everywhere.

That must be a custom job. I think you can get them done at Lids at the mall. It's a standard camo bucket hat with the bills logo added.

WAIT FOUND ONE!

http://www.shopthebills.com/buffalo-bills-bucket-hat-camo-redux.aspx

Edited by The Wiz

I don't know about denver, but Miami received all of the money from the deal and while the company declared bankruptcy, they didn't cease to exist. This certainly seems like a weird thing to be worried about that a company won't be able to afford the naming rights in 10 years.

Pro Player parent company Fruit of the Loom went bankrupt after a few years. Sun Life bailed after only 6 years. Sports authority in Denver is out of business before its naming deal ends. The company is trying to sell of the naming rights but there are no buyers yet.

Where do you find those camo ones that Ed Reed wears? I've looked everywhere.

Have you tried China?

You da man! I've been looking for a couple weeks now. Ordered!

glad to help. Kinda odd that it's sold by the bills but not on the nfl shop.

Edit: I see it's listed under their training camp collection 2016. Might be a limited edition type deal. Might have to grab me one also.

Edited by The Wiz

Great deal. Provides money to the team for throwing a name on the stadium. Also this is a great Pegula move. New Era is a local business in Buffalo. Pegula kept the team in Buffalo and now has put a local business on the billboard in front of the stadium. Even when they build a new stadium, Pegula will likely try to do the same thing there.

I could give a flying !@#$ what they name it- I will always refer to it as the Ralph. Corporate sponsorship is the most ridiculous thing IMO. The Orange Bowl sounds so much better than the Tostitos bowl. I remember when the Pats won a superbowl while playing at CMGI stadium-while it was a penny stock. It will always be Foxboro to me, Comiskey Park, Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, etc