Cordy's Glenn extended

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like it. And he was pretty bad last year. Hopefully he improves. Same goes for whoever with out at RT.

Yep. Let's definitely hope so. Not uncommon for young players to show improvement. Here's to Miller also staying healthy.

Maybe this is how we sign Jahri Evans, with the cap relief?

forgot about that. but you sure Mills isn't serviceable enough for a year

i am starting to wonder if we resign gilmore

I have about to post multiple time about that. Bills should of course, depending on how hard he pushes and what the market offers.

Thinking they let him hit FA and see what happens.

Catching fire like Darby must have Stephon thinking ahead already

Very happy this got done. Not thrilled about him getting the 2nd most money, but with his age and durability, it's the nature of the business. Even if it's a 3 mil savings, that's a RG and big for us.

Now on to Gilmore, which is a terrifying contract to think of

Is anyone else's Glenn extended right now

Just need to give props to this one. Touche sir.

Doesn't mean he'll see all of that.

I think he will if it's so front loaded, which is the beauty of it.

Very happy this got done. Not thrilled about him getting the 2nd most money, but with his age and durability, it's the nature of the business. Even if it's a 3 mil savings, that's a RG and big for us.

Now on to Gilmore, which is a terrifying contract to think of

Just need to give props to this one. Touche sir.

I think he will if it's so front loaded, which is the beauty of it.

I'm talking about the entire $65M.

Did you guys hear about the Glenn extension?? Great news!

Super Bowl!

Time to kick back now until January.

No, there is never any good news for some...

Nor any criticism allowed by others. The same old story...

Someone posts a criticism of the team and others respond by criticizing the poster. Very constructive.

Edited by vincec

Just heard the contract for Glenn is heavily frontloaded. $19,000,000 in the first year. We're broke again. Lol

Stars get signing bonuses! They all get cash up front.

His early cap hit isn't as high, it seems, meaning about 12m of that is signing bonus. Means he's here min of 3 years no matter how the guarantees are structured.

I'm talking about the entire $65M.

Correct. If it's front loaded, I don't see why he wouldn't see all of it. If he's cheaper on the back half and his talent hasn't falled off a cliff, I think he'll work out the entire deal.

Correct. If it's front loaded, I don't see why he wouldn't see all of it. If he's cheaper on the back half and his talent hasn't falled off a cliff, I think he'll work out the entire deal.

Maybe and Maybe not. The guaranteed money is what he'll get for sure. Hopefully he sustains a level of play to earn every penny and more beyond this deal. 5 years is a long time from now.

@SalSports

Earlier this evening, the Bills announced they've signed LT Cordy Glenn to a contract extension. Details here: http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-ink-Glenn-to-5-year-extension/22726343

In Glenn, the team gets a 26-year old cornerstone left tackle in the fold for the prime of his career.

The Riverdale, Georgia, native was a second round pick (41st overall) of the Bills in 2012 out of Georgia. He’s started at left tackle in all 61 games he’s played since entering the league.

The 6-5, 345-pound Glenn was a major piece of the Bills offensive which helped lead the way last season to the top rushing attack in yards (2,432) and yards per carry (4.78) in the league.

Nor any criticism allowed by others. The same old story...

Someone posts a criticism of the team and others respond by criticizing the poster. Very constructive.

There's being critical. Then there is being a broken record.

The Saints and Bills may be at different places when it comes to their franchise quarterback situation, but both understand the important of protecting whoever's under center.

Glenn's deal should come as no surprise; Bills general manager Doug Whaley said earlier Tuesday that with the draft over, signing key young players -- Glenn, Stephon Gilmore and Tyrod Taylor -- was a priority.

"Negotiations took a hiatus for draft weekend," he said, via the team's website. "We'll regroup this week and set a gameplan through to the minicamp. ...

Cordys Glenn. Classic. Good thing Ed Wang never panned out, or this thread would be even more out of control.

it might even cause some to bring back the debate between doug's flutie and rob's Johnson...

There's being critical. Then there is being a broken record.

Lol. That's classic coming from you. Did the Bills ever make a move that you didn't like?

Edited by vincec

sounds like they still have an eye out on the right tackle who might be available in free agency after the draft

I kind of wonder if it's for TT. Short term deal so he isn't grossly underpaid this year.