Compensatory pick(s) thread-Bills get 2 CP's

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6. Not bad. Definitely repliahinsh our depth, including the flexibility to go QB and WR in misrounds.

Make me wonder why everyone is so upset about a handful of bench guys signing elsewhere.

Lost:

M. Williams

Bradham

McKelvin

Brooks

Signed

None

Since M. Williams and McKelvin were released do they count in the formula or just the UFA's lost?

I've never had a thread pinned...I'm crossing my fingers....

The compensatory picks we were awarded today were based on FA signings/losses from 2015

Wonder if the extra 4th means Bills cut Carpenter. Makes it easier to pull the trigger on Aguayo.

Just test Aguayo in bad weather , if ok , 4th it is :beer:

Gay could be gone also, cap and roster space

Edited by ALF

So a 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6. Not bad. Definitely repliahinsh our depth, including the flexibility to go QB and WR in misrounds.

we need em all

#1RT, #1RG, #2QB, #2WR, #2TE, #1NT, #2DE, #1LB, #2LB, #3CB,

what did kc do again?

tampered with Maclin

So, it appears...

The path to success = draft well which means you rarely sign FAs because you drafted well --AND-- you get extra draft picks because you only lose players (not gain) in FA.

Invest more in scouts!

So, it appears...

The path to success = draft well which means you rarely sign FAs because you drafted well --AND-- you get extra draft picks because you only lose players (not gain) in FA.

Invest more in scouts!

We never get comp picks

Espically a 4th keep it up Whaley

I think all teams have this

I take your point but actually at the start of last year we didn't. The back ebd of our roster guys were largely vets.

My point and it is not a critical one of the Bills is because they have drafted better in recent years and have started paying stars they are necessarilly going to lose more mid-range vets and need tk re-stock depth through the draft. Doing that with 6 picks is hard. I like having 8 and I hope that we might still be able to pick another up sliding down a few spots in the first or 2nd because round 2 through 4 there is good depth in this draft for me.

Damn!!! This guy can kick. He can also do kickoffs. That would free up a roster spot.

We got an extra 4th so hell yeah, take him. Saves cap and a roster spot and all those XPs that Carp pissed us off with. Considering Carp was on Rexs shitlist all season I could really see that happening.

Edited by Marty McFly

Woohoooooo

The @buffalobills have been allocated the following compensatory draft selections:

Round 4 - (139 overall)

Round 6 - (218 overall)

Well now...That's pretty timely...We could use a few more this year to be honest...Cheap labor... B-)

I was counting Hogan in the mix, but I see now that he won't count.

I think he does count for compensatory picks, we just don't receive immediate draft compensation for him because he was undrafted. He is in the net loss of free agents column so far this year Nigel which will add a decent comp pick , Brooks

, Stephan Charles and Hogan should all count toward a total loss and therefore if they play at least another lower round pick

Edited by Art in RTP

I think he does count for compensatory picks, we just don't receive immediate draft compensation for him because he was undrafted. He is in the net loss of free agents column so far this year Nigel which will add a decent comp pick , Brooks

, Stephan Charles and Hogan should all count toward a total loss and therefore if they play at least another lower round pick

No he won't be counted. The only players who get counted in the formula are Unreleased Unrestricted Free Agents. The Bills had a choice to keep him and choose not to. It's the exact same reason that Charles Clay didn't count this year because the Dolphins had a choice.

The only people that count so far are Bradham and Brooks

These Pats comments are silly. There is an objective formula for comp pics so between Revis, Browner, and not sure who else, they received 4 picks. Not like I'm a fan of the Pats, but the conspiracy theory comments are foolish.

Didn't they have an option on Revis that they declined? If so, shouldn't he not count then?

I think that extra 4th is going to turn into our new kicker or new development QB. We have a lot of holes to fill- those two positions aren't necessarily holes at this time but they are areas we want to upgrade, and I would place a 4th round value on the stud kicker or development QB. This allows them to fill holes in rounds 1-4 that can hopefully step in and contribute at DE, LB, WR, NT and then the 3 picks in rounds 5-6 you get your depth.

Edited by YoloinOhio