Whaley should find QB's with similar skill sets of Taylor

gjv001

With Taylor having won the QB job for the Bills, I would think for the sake of continuity in the offense, any QB's drafted or brought in through free agency should have skill sets that mirror Taylor. Hopefully Taylor does not miss any games in 2016. But if he does, I would not want the Bills offense to be limited because of the back up QB's skill set.

except that QBs like TT aren't successful.

For instance.....?

We should trade Taylor for RGIII.

Then we should trade RGIII for Taylor and Kirk Cousins. Because getting a first rounder for a fourth and a sixth? Dan Snyder would never pass up that deal.

Brilliant!

exactly what's your criteria? what about Randall Cunningham? Cam? Russell Wilson?

Randall was solid like Flutie, Cam is not like TT and Russell is the only one, so one, no thanks (don't forget Vick)

TT runs when he gets in trouble not look down field for the open receiver, also for some reason he doesn't throw to targets in the middle. TT is not a pocket passer first and until we get one we will be looking for a QB

Randall was solid like Flutie, Cam is not like TT and Russell is the only one, so one, no thanks (don't forget Vick)

TT runs when he gets in trouble not look down field for the open receiver, also for some reason he doesn't throw to targets in the middle. TT is not a pocket passer first and until we get one we will be looking for a QB

It's like you didn't even watch the Bills this year. He rolls out with his eyes downfield regularly, that's how we got a lot of our big plays.

except that QBs like TT aren't successful.

4 straight years a mobile QB has gone to the Super Bowl. In fact they were 10 yards away from being 3-0. It is a trend. The best young QBs in the league are Cam and Wilson and they both offer that. Mariota is also in that mold and had moments of brilliance.

With Taylor having won the QB job for the Bills, I would think for the sake of continuity in the offense, any QB's drafted or brought in through free agency should have skill sets that mirror Taylor. Hopefully Taylor does not miss any games in 2016. But if he does, I would not want the Bills offense to be limited because of the back up QB's skill set.

I am the first to admit that I have been wrong about quite a few quarterbacks.

That said, I like Dak Prescott. He probably will not develop right away, but he is big, fast, can take hits, and has a good arm.

Just my $.02.

Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Steve McNair?

As long as we're piling on, Donavan McNabb?

There is still a chance Kaepernick could resurrect himself, but under no circumstances do I ever want to see RG3 or Manziel. I like the idea of an athletic QB to maintain consistency. The big thing is TT to slide so he doesn't get hurt and have the opportunity to use the middle of the field and get rid of the ball fast. If those things happen, I'll gladly applaud next off season a serious contract for TT.

exactly what's your criteria? what about Randall Cunningham? Cam? Russell Wilson?

The outcome of this line of discussion is very easy to predict: Buffalo Barbarian will construct a circular argument that QBs who are like TT are not successful because if they're successful they're not like TT, QED.

It's like you didn't even watch the Bills this year. He rolls out with his eyes downfield regularly, that's how we got a lot of our big plays.

I think Barbarous is saying Tyrod leaves the pocket too soon too often, valid critique imo. He may well improve it though, seems to have an excellent feel for the rush without looking away from the WRs. just needs to get more comfortable stepping forward rather than scrambling.

So you are saying cut EJ?

Flutie, RG3, Manzeil ,there really aren't many to list for a reason

Maybe you missed the 3 prototype pocket passers getting physically destroyed last week. And it wasn;t because they are old. It's because they can't escape the pass rush. They never could. Unless they can get the ball out in 2 seconds, this type will get crushed. The game is changing...

Maybe you missed the 3 prototype pocket passers getting physically destroyed last week. And it wasn;t because they are old. It's because they can't escape the pass rush. They never could. Unless they can get the ball out in 2 seconds, this type will get crushed. The game is changing...

1000% agree

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN lists Bills as top landing spot for RG3

http://www.wgr550.com/ESPN-lists-Bills-as-top-landing-spot-for-RG3/22465542

eh, the fabulous athletic skills III showed in his rookie season are a distant memory. That its' since been shown he doesn't possess actual QB skills -has no awareness of 3-5-7 step dropbacks, etc. and has shown himself to be an 'I-Me-My' character, I'm not enthralled. Obviously, he does have similar physical skills to Tyrod which Roman can utilize, but I hope this is just some ESPN lackey's attempt to fill off-season clicks.

I've thought about this a little bit, and my own opinion is that limiting selections to players - especially qbs - who fit a certain mold is reducing your already minuscule chance of drafting a quarterback who will turn out adequate or better.

This

Yup.

Tailor the offense to fit your franchise QB if you have the good fortune to find one.

We should trade Taylor for RGIII.

Then we should trade RGIII for Taylor and Kirk Cousins. Because getting a first rounder for a fourth and a sixth? Dan Snyder would never pass up that deal.

Sounds like that could be a Barter Kings episode on A&E. :)

Edited by boater

Isn't that what JJ is?

hopefully someone like Brady or Manning.