Bills extend Schmidt, Gillislee, Salas,Butler;sign WR Boykin

YoloinOhio

if one year ago today, you asked me who the bills RBs were, I wouldn't have guessed any of them.

If you told me that they were the number one rushing attack in the NFL, I wouldn't believe you.

If you told me that, I would have guessed at least ONE of them would have been Freddy.

McCoy, Karlos and Gillislee might be the best RB crew in the game

Schmidt is awesome. Good depth with the rest.

@tydunne

Future signings: TE Blake Annen, DB Jonathan Dowling, TE Jacob Maxwell, C Ronald Patrick, DE Cedric Reed, G Cyril Richardson S Philip Thomas

Schmidt is a top notch talent at punter but they GOTTA get a different holder.

He really struggled with holds this year.

He didn't drop any kick holds but every hold was a struggle.

He simply couldn't catch, drop and spin like an NFL holder..........it seemed like half of his holds end up laces out.

He had one of Carps misses in KC tipped on a 70 degree angle.

I'm not excusing Carp because he's been sh*t even on extra points but I think the holds have been bad and as flaky as kickers can be you need proper execution in front of them.

I don't know if EJ has ham hands or what but I was surprised to see the awkward handling all season.

Long snapping on punts was off this year too.

Saw maybe 4-5 of them go far too wide to Schmidts right.

One of them Schmidt did drop in the game in NJ.

He simply couldn't catch, drop and spin like an NFL holder..........it seemed like half of his holds end up laces out.

I'm not excusing Carp because he's been sh*t even on extra points but I think the holds have been bad and as flaky as kickers can be you need proper execution in front of them.

I don't know if EJ has ham hands or what but I was surprised to see the awkward handling all season.

Good points that I don't hear others talking about

Camp fodder. Nothing more to see here.

actually, those are responsible solid signings.

Colton is an obvious sign. But the others really have some potential worth pursuing at this level of pay

OMG.....WHAT ABOUT THE CAP??

f the effn cap! We have a Pegula!

Cyril "almost got EJ killed" Richardson is back!!!

LOL !!

Jonathan Dowling will make the 53 next year if he doesn't do something stupid between now and then.

I will die on this hill.

Damn Man. we lost radio contact with base again.Low on ammo and one mortar left. we are surrounded by blithering Patriots Fans !

My socks are soaking and its starting to snow.

Now Gimme another beer!

GO BILLS!

GO BILLS!
GO BILLS!

garrison has lost his edge.

It's time...

Maybe Cyril is friends with some WR's who thought turnabout was fair play?

Thats pretty thoughtful humor. Dark, but kinda funny too.

actually, those are responsible solid signings.

Colton is an obvious sign. But the others really have some potential worth pursuing at this level of pay

These guys, the PS guys extended and day 3 draft picks will likely make a good portion of slots 48-68 on the final list

These guys, the PS guys extended and day 3 draft picks will likely make a good portion of slots 48-68 on the final list

That's fine by me.

worth giving them a shot at developing.

Whaley and Coaches are not afraid to turn over the roster frequently at this level. after all the injuries this past year, familiarity has value too.

Plenty of time to seek better players.

What about Hankerson?

Hankerson is an unrestricted free agent who is going to explore his options.

Not sure about Salas but most of those guys they retained are restricted free agents.............. so if the Bills tendered them it was highly unlikely anyone would try to poach them and give up draft picks in return.

What about Hankerson?

Schmitd is a keeper, Gillislee needs to work hard this off-season. Butler and Salas will fight for roster spots next year.

Agreed. I think Butler is pretty sure of making the roster if McKelvin is either released or moved to safety. Salas has a fight on his hands to make the team.. but he certainly has a chance I don't think they will re-sign Hogan.

Colton is a keeper.

Salas impressed me yesterday with a couple big plays, in a big game.

He's been practice squad fodder on several teams. One reason for the team changes: he was poached by other teams during a Injured Reserve or Practice Squad move. That teams keep poaching him is an indicator that something more than practice squad is there.

That's fine by me.

worth giving them a shot at developing.

Whaley and Coaches are not afraid to turn over the roster frequently at this level. after all the injuries this past year, familiarity has value too.

Plenty of time to seek better players.

Not meant as a knock. A few will be role players and a couple of these depth players will get shots. On a roster that's likely nearing set for next year it'll be some of the more interesting stories. Odds are none will be stars but a few will certainly contribute.

Not meant as a knock. A few will be role players and a couple of these depth players will get shots. On a roster that's likely nearing set for next year it'll be some of the more interesting stories. Odds are none will be stars but a few will certainly contribute.

Sorry NS i realized that was your meaning : )

Just re enforcing my opinion of the resigns etc.

Pardon me for my skewing the perspective.

We claimed him to prevent the Patriots from re-signing him for their playoff run.

Hankerson is an unrestricted free agent who is going to explore his options.

Not sure about Salas but most of those guys they retained are restricted free agents.............. so if the Bills tendered them it was highly unlikely anyone would try to poach them and give up draft picks in return.

Hankerson has mediocre hands.

Thanks for the responses.

I guess he's another body to compete next year.

I was saying that Sanborn has not been that good all year at work and having people thinking I was crazy for saying it. The speed was there more often than not, but the accuracy was a bit off. I expect the Bills to bring in someone to compete with him.

I was saying that Sanborn has not been that good all year at work and having people thinking I was crazy for saying it. The speed was there more often than not, but the accuracy was a bit off. I expect the Bills to bring in someone to compete with him.

I didn't notice it on place kicks but his punt snapping was really shaky in the second half.

It may be time.

They should bring in a new ST coach.........I don't know how any player can have confidence in Crossman given his overwhelmingly bad record as a ST coach.