How many people will be pulling for Fitz and Chan?

billsintaiwan

I probably will be. Maybe it was Gailey's fault that he couldn't get a decent defensive coordinator. Don't know. But I do know that he was a good man who made an awful team fun to watch for awhile. Same as Fitzpatrick, though he gave me a headache the last eight games or so.

The game means nothing to the Bills. At best and worst, it gives Rex Ryan something to bloviate about during the off-season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't you root for your own team? Heck, its the "burn it all down! " knuckleheads on this board who drove Fitz/Gailey out of town in the first place... so now you're all warm and fuzzy and want him to succeed? Geez make up your minds

Spot on.

I could never root against the Bills. Never. I actually question how a fan could root against their team. It doesn't make sense. You aren't real fans, and that is fact.

Again, also spot on.

Would love to see the Bills rip the Jests to shreds.

I would like to see Fitz & Chan in the playoffs. Two class acts. I remember Fitz last year here towards the end of the season. My friend told me a story about he was at movies and there was this elderly couple with a handicapp kid in a wheel chair. Said it was a miserable cold rainy day. The elderly couple was having trouble getting the young kid in the car. A gentleman came over & lifted the kid in the van & helped them get the wheel chair in also. That gentleman that helped them that day. None other than the Amish Rifle. Much rather see him get in than the rapist Big Ben. The NFL would be in a much better place with more class acts like Chan & Fitz.

Edited by Gordio

I would like to see Fitz & Chan in the playoffs. Two class acts. I remember Fitz last year here towards the end of the season. My friend told me a story about he was at movies and there was this elderly couple with a handicapp kid in a wheel chair. Said it was a miserable cold rainy day. The elderly couple was having trouble getting the young kid in the car. A gentleman came over & lifted the kid in the van & helped them get the wheel chair in also. That gentleman that helped them that day. None other than the Amish Rifle. Much rather see him get in than the rapist Big Ben.

This. And also, I have a ton of friends who are steeler fans. I'd like them to experience what it means to be a Bills fan. Personally.

Rooting for a division rival? The fanbase has devolved to that? Wow...............

i guess bandwagon fans are allowed to do it. if they could have got in the

Playoffs without beating the Bills I could get into watching a jets/pats** playoff rematch.

That's as far as any Jets rooting I can get behind.

When I watch the game I won't be able to root against them, but all week I will be thinking it's ok if they lose because it increases the chances of getting rid of the dope of a HC, improves their draft position, and I do hope Fitz gets in.

Rooting for a division rival? The fanbase has devolved to that? Wow...............

Playoffs without beating the Bills I could get into watching a jets/pats** playoff rematch.

I'm rooting for Alan Branch. :rolleyes:

i guess bandwagon fans are allowed to do it.

yep, no ****....boo frickin hoo, "my" team didn't do well this year (or the last 20 years)...if you're a fan you're a fan, through thick and thin...rooting for your team to lose? Wow, no respect for that.

I love Fitz and laugh at people who called him a loser here (a millionaire qb from Harvard is a loser haha). But I hate the Jets more but don't want the Bills to lower their draft pick anymore.

I'm so conflicted.

You really think a few draft slots matter one way or the other? I don't. Bleep Chan, Fitz, and the NYJ.....No conflict for me.

All right. To clarify, I have never wanted the Bills to lose. I started following when I was 7 or 8 and a promising Bills team missed in the playoffs. Then Kay. Then Hank. Then Marv and that was a blast. Haven't ever really gotten over the Nashville shite. Numblike. But I have been relentlessly positive and hopeful every year. For the last ten years, I have been up from one a.m. to five a.m. Monday morning to watch the games live. I have, without apology, shocked and awed my wife, small children, neighbors and other civilians with anguished shouts in the darkness.

I may hate this particular coach enough to want him to lose to Chan Gailey. I won't know until it happens.

Obviously if we had a single bloody thing to play for, a ghost of a chance at the playoffs, or even if we weren't coached by this damned buffoon who dismantled the best defense we have had this century, it would be no question.

But it is not black and white, kids.

I could never root against the Bills. Never. I actually question how a fan could root against their team. It doesn't make sense. You aren't real fans, and that is fact.

Hardly a bandwagon fan, I have had season tickets for 20 years. Have sat thru more meaningless December games at the Ralph in that time than I care to remember.

And BTW, being a Bills fan and banadwagon fan don't go together.

Edited by Gordio

I will never root against the Bills.

However, I will not be upset if Fitz gets to the playoffs and will support him if they make it. Same with Fred.

However, I want what's best for the franchise. If a loss helps them make better offseason decisions, so be it.

I will never root against the Bills.

However, I will not be upset if Fitz gets to the playoffs and will support him if they make it. Same with Fred.

However, I want what's best for the franchise. If a loss helps them make better offseason decisions, so be it.

That's a good way to put it.

I love Fitz and laugh at people who called him a loser here (a millionaire qb from Harvard is a loser haha). But I hate the Jets more but don't want the Bills to lower their draft pick anymore.

I'm so conflicted.

It'll be a mid round pick either way, and at that point it's a crapshoot as to who the better player is going to be. Always root for the win in that situation, i say.

I won't be rooting for them but I find ir hard to root against them. I never wanted it to work out for any HC and QB combo we have had during the drought quite as much as I did for Chan and Fitz. Classy guys and they deserve their success.

My view exactly. I love those guys. Won't be able to root against the bills, but would be glad, in hindsight, if they win and get in.

Why wouldn't you root for your own team? Heck, its the "burn it all down! " knuckleheads on this board who drove Fitz/Gailey out of town in the first place...

Strange, I thought it was the owner (Wilson), president (Brandon) and GM (Nix) who did that.

I hate to say never, but I can't imagine the circumstances that would cause me to root against my Bills. If we were striving for last place maybe?

If they make it into the playoffs, I will root for the Jets against the Pats and etc.

yeah, i don't get it either...I would never root against my team, i was never one of the ones calling for fitz's and chan's heads, but they are nothing to me now, my rooting interest is the team from buffalo.

Why wouldn't you root for your own team? Heck, its the "burn it all down! " knuckleheads on this board who drove Fitz/Gailey out of town in the first place... so now you're all warm and fuzzy and want him to succeed? Geez make up your minds

It'll be a mid round pick either way, and at that point it's a crapshoot as to who the better player is going to be. Always root for the win in that situation, i say.

I think that the pressure level drops significantly once you are beyond the top 15 picks which is a good thing. The team can feel free to not have to worry about fan outrage if they want to pick the top guard. It just frees up what they'd like to do with the pick.

As for the Jets game, the Jets are a hard bunch to really hate that much. Even Brandon Marshall seems like a cool guy. But I'm hoping the Bills crush them in their last game of the season. It would at least feel good to have that 4-2 record in the AFC East going out with an exclamation point ruining the Jets playoffs plans.

I'm torn. I don't want to see Rex end the season with a smile. I don't want to see Rex smile. I don't want to see Rex.

I like Fitz and Gailey.

But I want to see TT and company end the season on a positive note.

I think my level of "caring" is pretty low. Either way there is a good story line.

I will root for the Bills, but I will see the silver lining if things don't go their way.