Simple Math: Freddy + Cassel = 7-2

I can't help but think that if we kept Freddy and Matt, we'd be sitting at 7-2 right now, at worst 6-3.

EJ and Boobie lost those games. With Freddie in the mix, he is fresh against the Giants and Jags and carries us through plus Matty doesn't make those bonehead EJ mistakes.

For all the good Whaley has done, this one is on him. Should never have cut Fred and traded Cassel.

If we hired Bruce Arians and got Carson Palmer instead Maroon then we would have already been in the playoffs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAWN!! Enough of this please.

what he said x 100

It's way more ridiculous to think that Fred Jackson would have made a difference against the Giants than it is to think that Cassel wouldn't have lost that game against Jacksonville. Karlos Williams, who is way better than Fred Jackson, played the entire game against the Giants. As bad as Cassel has looked, I don't think he makes three turnovers in succession like that and I think they beat Jacksonville. But I'd rather have Manuel play a game next week if Taylor went down. Either way Whaley was right about both moves and I'm over the Jacksonville game. In fact, Whaley has been a pretty great GM so far. Enough of this, please.

No he'd have made 4.

-----------------

If you don't want to be called a hater or a troll then this EJ bashing needs to stop.

Did Buffalo Bills need to lose to Jacksonville Jaguars to get season on track?

Syracuse Post Standard reports: '"I just think we needed that in London," cornerback Stephon Gilmore said. "I think we're refocused now. I think the sky is the limit for this team. We don't want to feel that way again."'

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I can't help but think that if we kept Freddy and Matt, we'd be sitting at 7-2 right now, at worst 6-3.

EJ and Boobie lost those games. With Freddie in the mix, he is fresh against the Giants and Jags and carries us through plus Matty doesn't make those bonehead EJ mistakes.

For all the good Whaley has done, this one is on him. Should never have cut Fred and traded Cassel.

I don't see how anyone can look at Matt Cassel and assert any such thing.

I'm on the EJ stinks and hope he never starts another game for buffalo... But that said, I have this simple math

What's worse 4 losses and a 75.9 passer rating or 2 losses and a 78.5 passer rating?

And Freddie has been such a solid #2 in Seattle, he's averaging 3 touches a game, even with Mashawn in and out of the lineup.

The later is washed up and the former always was.

I don't see how anyone can look at Matt Cassel and assert any such thing.

I'm on the EJ stinks and hope he never starts another game for buffalo... But that said, I have this simple math

What's worse 4 losses and a 75.9 passer rating or 2 losses and a 78.5 passer rating?

And Freddie has been such a solid #2 in Seattle, he's averaging 3 touches a game, even with Mashawn in and out of the lineup.

The later is washed up and the former always was.

Freddie is actually the #3 behind Rawls?

It's way more ridiculous to think that Fred Jackson would have made a difference against the Giants than it is to think that Cassel wouldn't have lost that game against Jacksonville. Karlos Williams, who is way better than Fred Jackson, played the entire game against the Giants. As bad as Cassel has looked, I don't think he makes three turnovers in succession like that and I think they beat Jacksonville. But I'd rather have Manuel play a game next week if Taylor went down. Either way Whaley was right about both moves and I'm over the Jacksonville game. In fact, Whaley has been a pretty great GM so far. Enough of this, please.

1. Given how much of a turnover machine Cassel has been this year and the last 4 years or so, I don't think it's very safe to assume he would've taken care of the ball against Jax.

2. EJ played us out of that game, then played us back into it - which, sadly, is just who he is. Cassel is capable of that first part, but not the second part. I'll take the guy who is sometimes terrible and sometimes good over the guy who is sometimes terrible and sometimes just slightly below average.

3. Anyone bemoaning this trade has not been watching the Cowboys since then. It's no coincidence that the Buffalo News writers shut up about Cassel real quick. If he'd done anything worthwhile at all, Gleason and Carucci would be writing "Cassel>>>>>>>>>>>>>EJ" articles every week.

EJ played terribly for a few minutes against Jax, then was pretty average the rest of the game. He doesn't normally **** the bed like that, so lets not act like if you play Jax 20 times, he does that exact thing 20 times. Likely he does it once, and that's what we saw. We were also in position to win that game at the end, but the defense went soft.

Does Cassel make enough plays to get the offense to score? Probably not, and we likely still lose that game.

As far as FredEx vs Karlos? Karlos is much better right now, and for all we know FredEx gets injured and misses time as well, he is older after all... even though I love me some FredEX.

The moves were solid, even if the results haven't been fantastic. We kept the better players.

EJ played terribly for a few minutes against Jax, then was pretty average the rest of the game. He doesn't normally **** the bed like that, so lets not act like if you play Jax 20 times, he does that exact thing 20 times. Likely he does it once, and that's what we saw. We were also in position to win that game at the end, but the defense went soft.

Does Cassel make enough plays to get the offense to score? Probably not, and we likely still lose that game.

- You and I (along with a few others) know that, but the people that love get a for reactions from "EJ fans" are trolling.

TT loses - the excuse - the Bills have INJURIES

EJ loses - the excuse - EJ is horrible and the Bills INJURIES don't matter

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

- You and I (along with a few others) know that, but the people that love get a for reactions from "EJ fans" are trolling.

TT loses - the excuse - the Bills have INJURIES

EJ loses - the excuse - EJ is horrible and the Bills INJURIES don't matter

TT has only lost twice. In seven games.

Manuel has also lost twice. In two games.

There is no bias against EJ Manuel. EJ Manuel is what he is. He is not a starting caliber QB in this league. Everyone knows it. Taylor appears to be. Everyone thinks that. As far as the Jacksonville game is concerned, I think most people would agree with me that all you had to do was not make epic, sinking of the Titanic mistakes to come away with a victory. McCoy was running very well. Jacksonville didn't even play a good game for Jacksonville! Bortles played his worst game of the season. Did Manuel play well in the second half? Yes. Did he play better than Cassel would have if down by 24 points? Yes. Would Cassel have put us in a 24 point hole? No, I don't think so. Either way, I think we'd both agree that the Bills undoubtedly win that game with Taylor. And I stated very clearly that I am over the Jacksonville game, I do not regret getting rid of Cassel (nor did I at the time) and I am fine with Manuel as our backup as opposed to Cassel. Nothing I just said could possibly be deemed unreasonable in any rational football universe.

Cassel stinks but EJ is other worldly bad and single handedly cost us the Jags game. We would have won with Cassel. Heck, we would have won with Jeff Tuel! We probably would have won with Rex at QB handing it off every play. That game is going to haunt us

Here's Fred's stats for the season with the Seahawks:

http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/gamelogs

11 rushes for 54 yards, 0 TD's; 16 rec 152 yards and 1 TD.

Here's Matt Cassel's stats for the season with the Cowboys:

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattcassel/2506562/gamelogs

As others have said, these guys look like they're on their last leg in the NFL.

Cassel stinks but EJ is other worldly bad and single handedly cost us the Jags game. We would have won with Cassel. Heck, we would have won with Jeff Tuel! We probably would have won with Rex at QB handing it off every play. That game is going to haunt us

While I agree that EJ has been terrible, you can't know that Cassel wouldn't have been far worse in that Jags game. He has been AWFUL behind a good OLine as a Cowboy. Say he only give up 1 TDs vs the Jags, he very likely couldn't have dug himself out of that hole. SIX POINTS against the freaking BUCS!

Here's Fred's stats for the season with the Seahawks:

http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/gamelogs

11 rushes for 54 yards, 0 TD's; 16 rec 152 yards and 1 TD.

Here's Matt Cassel's stats for the season with the Cowboys:

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattcassel/2506562/gamelogs

I think the Seahawks are purposely keeping Fred's leg fresh for their playoff run this year.

I think the Seahawks are purposely keeping Fred's leg fresh for their playoff run this year.

Intentional or otherwise, this is some pretty funny stojan.

Sorry but what part of FRED is better than BOOBIE are you not understanding. I never said take Fred over Karlos. I said it would have been better not to cut him.

I think Fred as a #3 would have had fresh legs when Karlos AND Shady went down and we would not have had Boobie wreck the Giants game. I think a fresh Freddie runs for 80-100 yds and picks up a TD or 2. I also think Fred is a great locker room presence and helps keep the young guys focused.

Boobie was a drive killer and EJ could not sustain either. I think a cooler level headed offense with Fred filling in and Cassel playing conservative would have yielded at least 1 more win WITHOUT sacrificing the future or messing with the cap. I think it was a bad front office decision and I stand by it. We are 5-4 but could be in a much better playoff position, maybe even close enough to take the AFC East with a strong late run and the Pats hurting.

Now it's wild card time but as long as we stay healthy, we may be able to make a run. Just saying.

"Other worldly bad?" No he's not. Bruce Mathison was otherworldly bad. Todd Blackledge was otherworldy bad. Heath Shuler was otherworldly bad. Akili Smith was beyond otherworldly bad.

EJ simply isn't good. Get a sense of perspective.

The bottom line is EJ should be cut after the season and if Whaley does not want to do it then Pegula needs to fire him. We should draft 2 QB'S and let them groom while Taylor starts. This franchise has sucked for years because of the most important position on the field. EJ is garbage and is just good at talking a good game.

You must not have seen Cassel play football this year. If you had this statement would be seen as insane.

The bottom line is EJ should be cut after the season and if Whaley does not want to do it then Pegula needs to fire him. We should draft 2 QB'S and let them groom while Taylor starts. This franchise has sucked for years because of the most important position on the field. EJ is garbage and is just good at talking a good game.

Cool story bro.