Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

if you read the last "sentence" or two he uses the wrong words entirely, not typos or spell check, he says "once" in place of "wants" "go one" instead of "go on" not to mention he says we all have "little jobs" so i guess only jobs like actor singer or ball catcher are real big jobs. People like soldiers teachers scientists and doctors have little jobs.

F softy sammy, i called him out since week 3 last year as a soft player, now i see his mind is just as soft as his body.

Your the third poster I suspect might have been a part of that drooling hoard of tweeters that caused this to happen

But I hope it was not you.....would really hope noone from this board would make those kinds of comments on Sammy's twitter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His reference to "y'all little jobs" has taken on overly exaggerated meaning, IMO. The only way I can see someone unassociated with the Instagram post being offended by that phrase is if they are insecure about their job in the first place. Even if it was used to insult someone else, it still doesn't offend me in the least. It just sounds like a childish retort to some pretty offensive insults made to him.

As for the grammar and punctuation - maybe he dictated the post and just didn't read it before hitting send? I can see how the software could confuse "wants" with "once", especially when spoken with an accent/inflection. And if you are looking for indicators of intelligence by someone's grammar (or even content) of social media posts, you are going to be repeatedly disappointed.

Yeah, the fans are idiots.Watkins is a mental midget who can't even put a sentence together.

Again, why defend a few A-holes by calling them " fans" ? Watkins may not be an English Lit major, but he's risen to the top of his profession. So who's the idiot?

Why do you idolize this ignorant condescending jerk?

I don't idolize Watkins, or any player. That's shy I say good for him. These guys are entertainers and shouldn't be held to some unwritten standard different from someone else. People made dumb comments , so he snapped back. It's humorous how people rush to defend " fans rights" to be morons. Those, I'm afraid, are the ones idolizing ball players. It means so much to them that they have to go out of their way to make ignorant remarks on someone's Instagram. Would they say these things to Watkins if they strolled by him at Disney World? Being a fan of a sport is not a license to be a jerk-off.

Why do you idolize this ignorant condescending jerk?

I don't idolize Watkins, or any player. That's shy I say good for him. These guys are entertainers and shouldn't be held to some unwritten standard different from someone else. People made dumb comments , so he snapped back. It's humorous how people rush to defend " fans rights" to be morons. Those, I'm afraid, are the ones idolizing ball players. It means so much to them that they have to go out of their way to make ignorant remarks on someone's Instagram. Would they say these things to Watkins if they strolled by him at Disney World? Being a fan of a sport is not a license to be a jerk-off.

Y'all can take it to PM if this conversation needs to continue.

can we all agree that this was a boneheaded move for someone with aspirations for major endorsement deals? the guy obviously finds high earnings a sign of success yet sabotages his own potential. i had to check out his pepsi deal. this http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1473070 is what i found. i'm guessing he banked 1-2k for that one. the adidas deal was done before he became a bill along with carlos hyde. i'm guessing neither are being featured internationally to sell sneakers, shirts and sandals. you can't argue with a straight face that he's endeared himself to consumer product marketers that sell to the very people that he implicitly ridiculed.

i see the loser here as watkins, not the people he tried to dump on.

His reference to "y'all little jobs" has taken on overly exaggerated meaning, IMO. The only way I can see someone unassociated with the Instagram post being offended by that phrase is if they are insecure about their job in the first place. Even if it was used to insult someone else, it still doesn't offend me in the least. It just sounds like a childish retort to some pretty offensive insults made to him.

As for the grammar and punctuation - maybe he dictated the post and just didn't read it before hitting send? I can see how the software could confuse "wants" with "once", especially when spoken with an accent/inflection. And if you are looking for indicators of intelligence by someone's grammar (or even content) of social media posts, you are going to be repeatedly disappointed.

Didn't even think of him doing this verbally. Might explain not just the grammar but something like little jobs coming off the cuff and sounding worse than intended.

It's not how I do my social media or messages but you are right that many do.

Also takes away the extra few minutes of thinking while typing that can save you from saying something dumb and knee jerk.

can we all agree that this was a boneheaded move for someone with aspirations for major endorsement deals? the guy obviously finds high earnings a sign of success yet sabotages his own potential. i had to check out his pepsi deal. this http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1473070 is what i found. i'm guessing he banked 1-2k for that one. the adidas deal was done before he became a bill along with carlos hyde. i'm guessing neither are being featured internationally to sell sneakers, shirts and sandals. you can't argue with a straight face that he's endeared himself to consumer product marketers that sell to the very people that he implicitly ridiculed.

I would agree it was a bad move solely because he can't win. That said, the people who he was criticizing deserved what they got.

Once again....the doctors decide whether these players can or cannot play just like they did with Tyrod Taylor. It has nothing to do with whether he mans up and plays with an injury. The team goes with the doctors opinion.

The majority of the time they do. And then sometimes the player advocates for himself and he sways the staff and plays. Alot of it depends on how strong the Dr. Rec. is. I work at the VA hospital and see it first hand. Yes a little different from football but patients go against the Dr.'s Rec's, get second opinions etc... and sometimes the Dr.s are just plain wrong as well. There is so much privacy (HIPPA) that everyone is protected by that we will never ever know if this kid wanted to play or not. The more injuries a player has and sits out the more the perception is that he doesnt want to be on the field. Its a violent sport and it's exponential from College to NFL. Maybe Sammy isn't tough enough we will find out soon enough.

People like soldiers teachers scientists and doctors have little jobs.

Scientist is a big job. Duhhhhh

Might wanna look harder. Sammys credit line says infinity. Not much losing occurring.

But hey he's a loser to you. #outrage!!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

this kind of stuff makes me believe that hbo's "ballers" have some real insiders helping to write episodes. there are so many characters that can be paralleled in the league. cwatkin's appears to be a prime candidate.

Scientist is a big job. Duhhhhh

Might wanna look harder. Sammys credit line says infinity. Not much losing occurring.

But hey he's a loser to you. #outrage!!

infinity credit line…and the financial graveyard that is nfl's stars history as collateral. i've no love for the financial industry but they know a losing bet more often than not. so how much is infinity to a banker?

Edited by birdog1960

This is just embarrassing on Watkins. Does he really not understand social media? Doesn't bother me either way, just shows he's got some growing up to do.

Also, he really must have received an excellent education at Clemson based on his grammar skills and inability to differentiate between 'one' and 'on'

Social media is ruining sports. Athletes have always been arrogant selfish bastards. They just kept it to themselves. They've been treated like royalty their entire lives, and are not used to communicating with simpletons like the fans.

The best guys to hang with are hockey players.

I don't blame Sammy for being angry at the haters. He apologized too. Who cares? Let's see him get open and catch some passes.

Actually, his post was grammatically correct. He referenced "ebonics" as a noun. Not trying to split hairs but it would be like me saying "I was able to read through your post despite the gibberish". It was proper IMO.

Isn't ebonics always a noun?

And if it's not, Fergy, can I delete my post? B-)

This is just embarrassing on Watkins. Does he really not understand social media? Doesn't bother me either way, just shows he's got some growing up to do.

Also, he really must have received an excellent education at Clemson based on his grammar skills and inability to differentiate between 'one' and 'on'

Any chance this was done talk to text?

My talk to text on my phone SUCKS

I really can't believe that anyone is "OK" with Watkin's insulting, albeit, confusing instagram post. I'd say that he needs to get a social media handler stat, to keep him from digging himself any deeper into the hole.

There have been like 3 people that think it's good, but several that think the reactions a bit overblown... And, well, a lot of upset people

As soon as he catches his next meaningful TD pass all will be forgiven. Sucks for him however that it won't come for at least another week and a half.

And if the Bills lose to Miami next week the wheels are going to come off.

Social media is ruining sports. Athletes have always been arrogant selfish bastards. They just kept it to themselves. They've been treated like royalty their entire lives, and are not used to communicating with simpletons like the fans.

The best guys to hang with are hockey players.

Got it. Hockey players ( a.k.a " white guys") . That's cool and all, except that they play hockey, not football.

Habitually, yes. There is this thing called the CBA .....

Im not familiar with every nook and crannie of the CBA---can you share where it says the players get the whole week off during the bye? I understood 4 consecutive days if I remember correctly but I forget stuff. Thank you

Edited by billsfan_34

I really can't believe that anyone is "OK" with Watkin's insulting, albeit, confusing instagram post. I'd say that he needs to get a social media handler stat, to keep him from digging himself any deeper into the hole.

Totally ok with it. Reaction is much ado about nothing .

I can't believe anyone is concerned about this nonsense.

Any chance this was done talk to text?

My talk to text on my phone SUCKS

If you use talk to text and don't proof read and fix the mistakes you sound like a derelict. I see a lot of examples of this phenomonen on TBD.