No drinks before Noon on Sunday...

ricojes

So NYC got it last year? We don't get it because we are not NYC? I know NC isn't that great but god I am glad it is not NY

No. The story said they got the same answer as Buffalo. So at least they are consistent.

Bars and restaurants downstate were given the same answer last year, when the New York Jets played a game overseas.

hmmm...could a bar charge $20 at the door to watch the game, and set up a keg for people to help themselves?

back in the day, that rule was/is easily sidetracked. You cannot sell booze. There is no law against getting free drinks. of course that depends on how well you know and tip your regular bartender. Worked very well after last call in Buffalo.

FYI the draconian Sunday Liquor laws now only applies to liquor. This was so people would go to church instead of boozing. (Lame)

Bars should be able to serve; Ciders, Wine and Beer, legally.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

FYI the draconian Sunday Liquor laws now only applies to liquor. This was so people would go to church instead of boozing. (Lame)

Bars should be able to serve; Ciders, Wine and Beer, legally.

Imo

Don't know about beer or cider, but definitely not wine from my personal experiences.

Come on, it's Rutgers....pretty sure you can get PLENTY of rest for the Bills game

please delete the jinx post asap

Lol. Every game is an adventure with this year's team, it will be a miracle if I make it through this season.

Speaking of OSU, their band is playing at halftime in London

Edited by YoloinOhio

I suppose bars could stream the game if they have smart tvs, or a laptop and projector, i don't really see this as a big bar game

You'll see plenty of crowds at the bars that do the prep. Brunch specials - classic morning cocktails.... It'll do well.

Here is the offending law, for those interested:

Sec. 106.5 - Provisions governing licensees to sell at retail for consumption on the premises. No alcoholic beverages shall be sold, offered for sale, or given away upon any premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages at retail for on-premises consumption during the following hours:

• Sunday, from four antemeridian to twelve Noon
  • On any other day between four antemeridian and eight antemeridian

Nor shall any person be permitted to consume any alcoholic beverages upon any such premises later than one-half hour after the start of the prohibited hours of sale provided for in this section.

Antemeridian threw me off, then I realized that meant AM.

This is a good thing for me. I am attempting to dry out for a while and Sunday will mark one week of sobriety for me - something I haven't accomplished in 20 years. I am not so swift on the computer, so I will probably miss the game altogether. I am hoping for nice weather so I can winterize the pool.

This is a good thing for me. I am attempting to dry out for a while and Sunday will mark one week of sobriety for me - something I haven't accomplished in 20 years. I am not so swift on the computer, so I will probably miss the game altogether. I am hoping for nice weather so I can winterize the pool.

congrats!

Drinking at 10AM us nothing new for West Coast fans. I would get a beer when the game started at 10 AM.What is nice that uou have the rest of they after 1 PM free.

Edited by Wacka

Good for you Sammy. Keep up the good work!