So Here's A Hypothetical For You ...

T master

Okay, This week the Bills are going up against a 5 & 0 team (the Bengals) that has been pasting every one they come up against . Their offense is ranked number 2 in the league

The Bills are going to start EJ this week due to Tyrods injury .

If EJ goes into this game & continues on the path that he started this preseason & lets say throws for 325 yds. throws for 3 TD's & runs for 65 yds & winds up beating the Bengals handily then what ?

Is EJ coming into what they thought he would be when they drafted him & a full blown QB controversy starts in the fans minds when Tyrod comes back the following week ?

When EJ went in last week for the one play when Tyrod went out i found myself saying "COME ON EJ Show them what you got" I was hoping that if Tyrod stayed out EJ would come in take command & shred the Titans.

Well i was just thinking along the line of a hypothetical question . We have been with out a good QB for so long the way the Bills luck runs this is something that could happen & put another huge thing on the to do list for Whaley & Rex .

Well have fun with it Bills fans, while only time will tell if this is in fact something that comes to be or not ...

I think that if EJ shows up and throws 300+ yards the Bills and it is not a game where almost of all of the yards are in 4th quarter against a prevent defense while Bengals are up more than 2 TDs brain trust needs to try to find some way to use both QBs. We have not had a winning game with +300 yards for a while. Their skill sets are not that different but different enough the hot hand might make a difference.

I was gonna post the same exact question of what if EJ lights it up for 2 weeks. I very much like Taylor, so this isn't some anti Taylor question. But if it does happen, it's going to be interesting to see who the coaches feel best about putting out there and who the fans want. I can say this, assuming EJ is impressive (and he's going to have to be VERY impressive for this to even matter given how Taylor has done and without his weapons most the season) who ever is starting when both are healthy is going to be looking over his shoulder and prob on a short leash.

But like I said, for there even to be a consideration of EJ taking over the job he is going to have to be very good to do so. Even playing good won't be enough to take the job from Taylor who has had a great start to the year, especially considering all the weapons he's been without and the dumb penalties his teammates have made.

Okay, This week the Bills are going up against a 5 & 0 team (the Bengals) that has been pasting every one they come up against . Their offense is ranked number 2 in the league

If EJ goes into this game & continues on the path that he started this preseason & lets say throws for 325 yds. throws for 3 TD's & runs for 65 yds & winds up beating the Bengals handily then what ?

Is EJ coming into what they thought he would be when they drafted him & a full blown QB controversy starts in the fans minds when Tyrod comes back the following week ?

When EJ went in last week for the one play when Tyrod went out i found myself saying "COME ON EJ Show them what you got" I was hoping that if Tyrod stayed out EJ would come in take command & shred the Titans.

Well i was just thinking along the line of a hypothetical question . We have been with out a good QB for so long the way the Bills luck runs this is something that could happen & put another huge thing on the to do list for Whaley & Rex .

Well have fun with it Bills fans, while only time will tell if this is in fact something that comes to be or not ...

The biggest issue with EJ was his accuracy. Until he shows he can through those 10-15 yard throws consistently without killing the WR, he will be considered an average QB. Our OL is a pretty crappy one at this time. The Bengals will stack up the box and stop the run forcing the Bills and EJ to throw. Can EJ make those throws.

The 2nd issue was that EJ had poor anticipation on where WRs would be and hesitant to pull the trigger until the player was at that location. He would have to show the ability to make those plays.

I think that if EJ shows up and throws 300+ yards the Bills and it is not a game where almost of all of the yards are in 4th quarter against a prevent defense while Bengals are up more than 2 TDs brain trust needs to try to find some way to use both QBs. We have not had a winning game with +300 yards for a while. Their skill sets are not that different but different enough the hot hand might make a difference.

Winning teams do not use 2 QBs......

Well I'm hoping for the kid, but he's never thrown for more than 300 yards, he's never thrown more than 2 TDs in a game, and he's never rushed for more than 40 yards. So the stats you suggest would easily be his best statistical game in every category. I'm personally expecting more like 18/28 for 225 yards and 1 or 2 TDs, and I hope that's enough.

If EJ has a great game today, i'd say start him next week in London. If he grabs us two wins and a bye, then TT should be healthy after and I still would go back to TT. His dynamic running ability changes how defenses play us. If we finally get everyone back healthy after the bye and for whatever reason TT struggles for two games, then we know maybe his pocket presence is just not good enough. You still have EJ.

These are all hypotheticals so let's just see how it plays out. I wouldn't make quick decisions after one game either way.

EJ isnt throwing for 300 yards today unless the Bills get way behind. It has nothing to do with EJ's ability and everything to do with the offensive system. They simply do not drop back to throw often enough to get 300 yards unless there are multiple big plays from the passing game. If he dropped back 30 times he'd have to average a ridiculous 10ypa to get to 300.

Id be happy if he completed 60+% of his paases for 7-8ypa and led the Bills to 24 or more points while not having a plethora of 3 and outs. That gives the D, playing at home, the opportunity to show they are elite and stop the high powered Bengals.

OTOH if EJ craps the bed. Throws dirt balls, and generally sucks, he will be writing his epitaph today.

I agree, so really there is more pressure on EJ in this game than he will ever have in his career. No one mentions the Bengal defense is 6th in the league in sacks. Against our line, that says it all.

It was the worst of threads, it was the best of thr......no, wait. It was just the worst of threads. You are a terrible human being for doing this.

Edited by BarleyNY

EJ had enough time last year to prove whether or not he was an NFL qb. Preseason means nothing. I hope im wrong but ej could be another Rob Johnson.

Tyrod=Flutie

EJ=RJ

EJ is nowhere near the passer Rob Johnson was. RJs issue was mainly with his internal clock. It wasn't exactly a fine Swiss piece. He had a 3 second brain in a two second game, but he had a hell of an arm. A great practice QB, but once you took the red jersey off him he was exposed. If EJM had RJs accuracy and arm, the Bills would have their franchise QB