Ok, Give Your Predictions for the 2nd Quarter of the Season

First Quarter is in the books. Titans, Bengals, Jags, Fish, what's going to be?

I hope we go 3-1, and we really should, but I'm thinking it'll likely be 2-2. Could be a weird 2-2 also. I say we beat the Bengals but drop 2 of 3 to the others. A London loss seems like a real possibility for this team even with the Jags being the opponent.

4-4. Bengals are good, Titans look good, Dolphins should have a new coach and the Jags will be close. The Bills are not a good team. They beat a depressing looking Colts team and smashed the Dolphins. Legitimate teams are beating the Bills bad. I also think the problem this week is the team completely overlooked the giants as a threat. Watkins and McCoy sat to let their injured get back to 100%. Play hurt. McCoy and Williams give the Bills a two headed monster which teams have to plan against both. The NJ Giants planned against the tough Williams and shut down the passing game.

NJ Giants planned against the tough Williams and shut down the passing game.

Which Williams is the tough Williams?

Its not hard to shut down the pass when the opposition plays ground and pound without good RBs or run blocking and plays dink 'n dunk got the whole first half.

Ground and pound and ball control sounded good in the off season. However, our O is at its best utilizing the vertical passing game. Once we went back to it in the 2nd half we did a lot better. Do what you do do well.

Interesting game plan Rex.

They will definitely win 3, and have a chance to sweep 4 with the Bengals at home.

When I looked at the schedule prior to the season, I thought they would be lucky to be 2-2 at this point. They lost to the best team in football and a team most likely to win the NFCE. After this letdown, they will be pumped up to beat Tenn, and they will be motivated as a home underdog against the Bengals. They will beat the Jags in London, but then I would worry about another letdown against Miami at home, especially if they are 5-2 heading into it.

I could see them losing next week and the wheels completely falling off.

I'll agree with this. This seems like a team with as much talent as the top tier teams, but with an ultra delicate constitution. Think a strong punching boxer with a glass jaw. The physical analogy isn't right either, because the problem on this team is clearly mental. Hughes is a loose cannon, and probably needs to sit a game. Super Mario is lucky they didn't call a personal foul on his suplex/tackle. Clearly those guys are beyond frustrated. It kind of reminds me of my kid's soccer team, a bunch of 10 and 11 year old boys who just want to do what they do with a coach who is trying to force a system on them that's a terrible fit, drawing up big slow complex plays on a whiteboard while their eyes glaze over.

Anyway, they COULD go to pieces, or they could continue this inconsistent pattern and end up 8-8, which I guess is the more likely outcome. Tyrod is going to win a few games that they might not have otherwise in years past, and who knows, maybe the D shows up one of these days, but clearly all the ahle Jets fans that told me that I'd regret the Rex hiring were right, that he's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of coaches, occasional moments of brilliance followed by inexplicable breakdowns and boneheaded moves.

Yep, this isn't a playoff caliber team, they loose their head to easy.....way not a smart team.

Exactly what I'm saying. Million dollar bodies, 50 cent brains. ESPECIALLY that quarter billion dollar DL. What was it, mid way into the 3rd before they even laid a glove on Eli? I mean it's not like doug flutie was playing QB, it was a big dumb slow guy and they couldnt catch a sniff of him. That's lack of effort, AND a bad scheme. I know Pegula didn't become a billionaire by accident, he must be itching to get in there and figure out the problem. Rex defending his team in the post game presser was like the parent of some bad kid getting mad at you for telling them to reign in their kid.

I could see them losing next week and the wheels completely falling off.

I don't think they'll do that. But I do see a pattern starting to develop. The 2 games now where the Bills drew way over double digit penalties, has been when Rex was being out-coached! (Past & Giants) When a team is getting 10+ penalties in a game, that's lack of discipline, and that's on the coach.

07 or 08 maybe? Haven't beaten them with Dalton at QB fwiw

Actually I think it was around 2012. I remember Steve Johnson had a big day in that game.

Exactly what I'm saying. Million dollar bodies, 50 cent brains. ESPECIALLY that quarter billion dollar DL. What was it, mid way into the 3rd before they even laid a glove on Eli? I mean it's not like doug flutie was playing QB, it was a big dumb slow guy and they couldnt catch a sniff of him. That's lack of effort, AND a bad scheme. I know Pegula didn't become a billionaire by accident, he must be itching to get in there and figure out the problem. Rex defending his team in the post game presser was like the parent of some bad kid getting mad at you for telling them to reign in their kid.

+1 Great post, thanks.

2-2.

I have no faith this team can play to their potential.

Or, 2-2 IS their potential with Rex as coach. Beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones. At least we'll have a 1st in the next draft, eventually Whaley's good drafting will create a team that even an undisciplined moron can coach

Dooooooommmeeddd!

Oh, sorry, let me take the contrarian approach:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS, MOVE ALONG! 2-2 IS EXACTLY WHERE REX WANTS TO BE RIGHT NOW! HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT! THIS TEAM IS SO PASSIONATE IT'S LEAKING OUT THEIR PANTS!

I don't have much faith in this team being able to beat the refs anymore, there upcoming opponents

don't seem to be that daunting, but we always seem to draw the most eagle eyed, all star, don't miss

a thing on our side of the ball refs on the planet.

2-2 at best.

Doubt the Bengals will be a win. Should beat Titans, Jags and Fish. Will lose one of those games and go 2-2.

I want to say 3-1, but, these are after all our Bills...2-2. I see, at this point, no reason for optimism. Why should I believe that the stupid penalties will somehow melt away? Why should I believe that a leader will emerge on offense? Why should I believe that a leader will emerge on defense? Why should I believe that any player, outside of Carpenter, will be held accountable by this coaching staff? Why should I believe that Roman can string together more than 1 game?