A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that sending Hughes into coverage was nothing short of insane. We pay this guy to rush the quarterback, not to drop into pass protection. The DL play in the last two games is making me grow increasingly concerned that Rex is forcing talent to fit into his system rather than building the system around his players' talent.

And wtf - I don't want to see any Bills jerseys on defense beginning with the number '5' playing like they are safeties. You will get beat each and every time by the WR, particularly when the deflator is throwing the ball. This was an 'exotic' defense for all the wrong reasons.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen three penalties called on a single play against a single team.

The offensive line needs to shape up, and fast. McCoy had no holes up the middle and in pass protection they were awful. But, when you are a greenhorn quarterback and you score 32 points against NE*, that's not horrible. That's all you can expect out of Taylor. This one falls squarely on the defensive line with their inability to pressure the QB, and the boneheaded penalties we took on nearly every special teams play.

yes, hard to blame that cluster **ck on tyrod alone. 2nd start. IMO,ALL blame goes to REX first and foremost, Roman next. Then the defense? WTF Brady 466 yards in the air? it was painful to watch. The O-line was laughable at times. A lot of times.

Back too defense there were two pass plays that Brady never looked at Gronk, he should have there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him. there was zero pressure on Brady part of it was his 2 second release. part of it was the D-line/ scheme.

rex's honeymoon is over. he owns a nice truck and still owns a career losing record as a HC. being a personality has benefits, but ya better back them up with W's. I Don't know if this guy has the skill to out coach superbowl caliber teams? Bellicheck owns him. Watching it seemed like Jauron/ Maroon coached teams at times Aside from the opening drive, and the 3 and out by the Pats*** It was a stunning failure.

Maronne did better in the homegame coaching last year against the pats***!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I try to keep personalities out of this, but I think that Edelman turns my stomach even more than Brady.

2) My prayers go out to Aaron Williams, and it was great to see the team praying for him.

3) The special teams coach lost control of his players early on and it really hurt us. That said, Rex deserves blame as well. More on Rex to come.

4) I know he gave up some passes, but Darby impressed me today once again. The 36 yard td to Gronk in the 1st quarter was a simply great pass. The coverage was spot on and there seemed to be little chance to complete that throw. It was just perfect. :(

5) Cordy Glenn was beyond awful today and he was pissing me off. He looked out of shape, lethargic and generally indifferent as to what was happening on the field.

6) I want to toss out some kudos to Felton. As Tyrod was rolling out on the 2nd quarter td pass to Clay, Felton held off a defender to give TT room and time to make the play.

7) How did it happen? How did Rex Ryan suddenly morph into Dick Jauron? Look, we don't have great coverage linebackers. Bradham is a pass rusher (and a good one), and Brown is a top run stuffer. Putting them in the secondary didn't work. And please remind me why we gave Hughes millions of dollars. Never mind, I remember...because he is a pass rusher!!!!! Today Rex reminded me of Dumbo Jauron sending Schobel out on coverage. We had the crowd noise and should have sent the kitchen sink after Brady!

8) It all rolls into one,

and nothing comes for free.

There's nothing you can hold,

for very long.

And when you hear that song,

come crying like the wind,

it seems like all this life,

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

9) Gotta love Tyrod, no? The kid can truly get out of trouble and he has a nice spin on his passes. He never never quit. I know it's risky but I want to see him on more called running plays. It will loosen up opposing defenses.

10) Speaking of out of control, even Bradham got lured in. Edelman got in his face and he shoved the little runt pretty hard. I was waiting for a flag but I suppose the refs didn't see it. We can't have this. We lost too much field position today with unnecessary penalties.

11) Percy Harvin has a ton of talent, but in the 3rd quarter he short armed that long sideline pass. Hey, he would have got hammered but he could have caught it and didn't extend his arms. Please watch the replay and see if you disagree.

12) Is there any such thing as a perfect opening drive? The Bill mixed things up, beat them up, and ate 5 minutes of the clock.

13) Is anyone still concerned about Watkins and his numbers? If this kid stays healthy he will make plays. Period.

14) Bottom line is that Rex has to take control and straighten things out. It looks like he has a lot to work with.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this post. Spot on. Hopefully we will learn to talk with our play on the field and less with our mouths.

I think this is a fair point but it's going to stir up trouble around here. Watching Taylor double clutch and drift into sacks today, while missing numerous open reads, left me wondering whether he really gives us the best chance to win right now. EJ might've been a better option today in all honesty.

not doubting you Coach, but did you actually see TT miss numerous open reads? I can honestly say I wasn't focused on that.

I loved the comeback but Rex has a lot of work to do with this group.

NE's defense sucks. It is bad and to get 40+ put up on our D is inexcusable.

However, I don't want to win this one. I want the one in November when we are vying for the division.

Don't get too high or too low. Bring on the Fish.

a voice of reason, well-done !

Rex can coach a veteran team but can he coach a younger one? The lack of leadership in the locker room showed today. Cutting a guy like Fred hurts you on days like today - no one else has stepped up to provide leadership and it results in escalating undisciplined play.

Yep !

Rex completely outsmarted himself on defense today I am afraid. His need to disguise everything rather than just matching up is suicide against a team that relies on exploiting match ups. We spent all week talking about a plan to contain Gronk and the plan basically seemed to come down to "confuse Brady" when that didn't work and he was able to get the ball out he just picked on some frankly bizarre match ups.

People criticised Schwartz last year in the first Patriots game for being too vanilla and relying on our talent to trouble the Pats.... well today Rex nullified our talent and put all the pressure on his scheme and it failed miserably. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick were cleverer than him. At different points today I saw Hughes, Bradham and Robey on Gronk. All good players, all do good things, but none are going to win that match up 1v1. Suicide. Rex's defense sucked today.

The penalties then were an obvious failure, as was the offensive game plan which after the scripted plays seemed to be pot luck.

The positives?

- we kept fighting

- McCoy looked good

- we don't have to play Brady every week.

+1

Brady reads the defense and gets the ball out so fast that the D-Line has no impact. The Bills either need to play press coverage at the line of scrimmage or rush everyone. Sitting back and watching Brady carve them up all day with 10 yards outs to wide open receivers is nauseating.

This. This is it in a nutshell.

seems to me that the Pats recipe for dominance has one common denominator: Belli's ability to adjust in-game and make the necessary changes. I could not believe how fast this happened after the Bills opening drive TD, which seemed to be done with surgical precision. Everything was working; I was thinking to myself, "this is too easy". Then the Pats made their adjustments and the Bills decided to lose their minds led by AW.

So after a 1st half of not blitzing and trusting the Bills 4 man rush to make it happen, do you think it would have made sense to blitz from all angles? It seemed to me that this was a Bills defensive game plan redux, which relied on soft coverage, playing off the line, & allowing the short passes underneath. Was it not apparent to Rex & Dennis this was not working? Why did we not mix things up and make the necessary halftime adjustments? Or is Rex not a good game-day coach?

Other observations:

• we all agreed upon learning TT would be the starter that he would be a work in progress. Today was no different; a mixed bag. The onus is on GRo to put TT in positions to succeed and maximize his talents/instincts.
  • while it's true Rex seems to be a good fit with our cultural ethos, it was nowhere more evident that today's complete lack of discipline & self-control: a team truly as a reflection of its HC. After the game. Rex took ownership of the loss and put it squarely on his shoulders; this will mean nothing to me unless I see a demonstrable reduction in penalties, esp. the stupid, avoidable ones
  • Rex's predilection for disguising everything left some horrendous resulting mismatches. This might work vs. less potent offenses but obviously Brady is a master at identifying these. News flash Rex: it might be better to let our D talent perform in its natural state as opposed to your version of trickeration;
  • I have never seen 3 penalties called on 1 team on a ST play, and I hope I never see it again. It was embarrassing and looked very Pop Warner-like.
  • Leave it to the hubris of the Pats to keep throwing while up 37-13, which almost came back to bite them
  • There is an obvious opportunity for a Bills vet to assume more of a leadership role in the absence of FedEX. That leadership could have come in handy today as the Bills were self-imploding
  • Another missed PAT by Carp; will he be put on notice again by Rex and/or have to fight for his job?

There was quite a bit of fail all over the Bills team today.

Coaching was bad in so many ways with lame play calls on both sides of the ball. It was like Rex Ryan played scared to blitz or even send his front four, and the penalties are now past the ridiculous point all over the team. Bills OC Greg Roman started asking Taylor to air out the ball in the second series, and forgot about the ground, and pound attack. McCoy had 15 rushes for 89 yards = a 5.9 YPC avg. So why didn't the Bills get him 25 plus carries?

The Patriots with 500+ yards of offense, and Brady with 59 passes 466 yards passing, 3 TD's!! Wow, so much for the #4 overall defense from last year.

This years slogan was "Feel the rush"! Was that feel the rush of Julian Edleman catching first downs, TD passes or the rush of Patriots defenders blowing by the Bills offensive linemen?

A lot of us knew the Bills might be in trouble with a QB like Tyrod once the team started playing from behind. Now I gotta wonder if the Patriots started playing it safe after the 3rd quarter, and their defense stopped what they were doing in the first 3 quarters thus allowing the Bills to make that 18 point comeback. Did the Patriots move to a prevent type defense late in the game?

8 sacks is way to many and not all were on the O line as Taylor held the ball far to long waiting for someone to come open. By the time he decided to run it was usually to late, and he should have thrown it away. Then the few airballs didn't help. Sammy is good but he shouldn't* need to jump five feet above the ground to try and catch a pass, some were saying that EJ was leaving his receivers vulnerable.

The Bills have 4 guys on that defensive on their line that are making 250 million between them, and today were out played by a Patriot offensive line with three rookies on it.

Edited by Nihilarian

Anyone know where to find a graph, or some kind of charting, of every play of each drive? I think the penalties were the single biggest factor in the game. They killed drives, ruined field position, and set the team reeling emotionally. They have to get that under control.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Vick got sacked a ton too. Avoiding a sack is about the line and getting rid of the ball. Not about speed.

Peyton is the biggest statue in history and consistently posts the lowest sack totals. As with Brady it's about pre-snap reads, recognizing blitz's, seeing the entire field, sensing where the pressure is coming from, and a quick and accurate release that makes the defense pay for blitzing Edited by JTSP

Ugh, what a game.

• Although the final score didn't really show it... the Bills were soundly beaten.
  • Our offense line was a total mess today. Barely any time to throw and very few running lanes.
  • Surprisingly, the defensive live was also a big mess today. They generated barely any pressure on Brady and the tackle was sub-par. VERY disappointing.
  • Gilmore has shown flashes but is way overrated. Shut down corner? Not yet.
  • The penalties just killed this game. (Not only killed it for the play on the field, but was made it bad to watch.)
  • I still have a lot of faith in TT. The man has a good head and a helluva lot of skill.
  • Very poor play calling after our opening score.
  • It was good to see McCoy and Watkins have decent games.
  • Squish the fish!!

Let's go Buffalo!!

Edited by Bad Things

Just getting in. Tremendous dy sans Bills.

Carpenter's !@#$ up gonna get him cut tomorrow. Me thinks

Rex trying to make carp a scapegoat will not be a good look, esp when so many others including him ( by his own admission) had a lot to do with losing the game Edited by stevewin

Just getting in. Tremendous dy sans Bills.

Carpenter's !@#$ up gonna get him cut tomorrow. Me thinks

Rex trying to make carp a scapegoat will not be a good look, esp when so many others including him ( by his own admission) had a lot to do with losing the game

I doubt it. Rex actually stuck up for Carpenter in the post-game presser and said the miss was because of a bad spot on the snap and not Carpenter's fault.

Rex can coach a veteran team but can he coach a younger one? The lack of leadership in the locker room showed today. Cutting a guy like Fred hurts you on days like today - no one else has stepped up to provide leadership and it results in escalating undisciplined play.

I dont think Fred would have seen the field much at all today if we had kept him. McCoy and Karlos are the entrenched 1 and 2. Felt bad for Freddy losing the fumble to end the game, but Seattle wasn't going to win it anyway.

An out of control truck moving at high speed has up ramps to stop it on super highways. An out of control football team is supposed to have a coaching staff that makes adjustments to stop it. Dumb penalties game after game can cost you a season. We're certainly working on it and could use a good dose of coaching, understanding, and executing before we completely fly off the ramp.

Ugh, what a game.

• Although the final score didn't really show it... the Bills were soundly beaten.
  • Our offense line was a total mess today. Barely any time to throw and very few running lanes.
  • Surprisingly, the defensive live was also a big mess today. They generated barely any pressure on Brady and the tackle was sub-par. VERY disappointing.
  • The penalties just killed this game. (Not only killed it for the play on the field, but was made it bad to watch.)
  • I still have a lot of faith in TT. The man has a good head and a helluva lot of skill.
  • Squish the fish!!

Let's go Buffalo!!

Yup

Another good post, Bill. I like #7. That sure wasn't a Jim Schwartz defense out there. They gave Brad way too much time to scan his reads. And that's with some rookie O linemen in from of him!

Actually the D from the first Pats game last season(under Schwartz) was pretty similar to yesterday's performance.

Brady 27-37-361-4-0, 2 sacks for 15

3rd down percentage was actually a lot better with the Rex D against Pats.

(Note: I am in no way defending the bad play of Rex's D this week....merely pointing out that the Schwartz D was comparable.)

Actually the D from the first Pats game last season(under Schwartz) was pretty similar to yesterday's performance.

Brady 27-37-361-4-0, 2 sacks for 15

3rd down percentage was actually a lot better with the Rex D against Pats.

(Note: I am in no way defending the bad play of Rex's D this week....merely pointing out that the Schwartz D was comparable.)

I've mentioned this to a few posters who seem to have forgotten. Also the Pats** didn't punt the ball the entire second half of that game.

Tom Brady is a surgeon out there, and his receivers generally catch the ball when it hits their hands. The Amendola catch was a thing of beauty. When he ran the hurry up the Bills did not have time to adjust at all.

Cordy Glenn could use some help on the end out there.

Can't wait to hear the press conference.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Tom Brady does not miss open receivers and they don;t have to be that open. Cordy Glenn was bad but so was the rest of the line. What's with #91 Collins - did not one want to hit him -- he went wherever he wanted. I have been a defender of Eric Woods, but maybe he is just not that good.

1) I try to keep personalities out of this, but I think that Edelman turns my stomach even more than Brady.

2) My prayers go out to Aaron Williams, and it was great to see the team praying for him.

3) The special teams coach lost control of his players early on and it really hurt us. That said, Rex deserves blame as well. More on Rex to come.

4) I know he gave up some passes, but Darby impressed me today once again. The 36 yard td to Gronk in the 1st quarter was a simply great pass. The coverage was spot on and there seemed to be little chance to complete that throw. It was just perfect. :(

5) Cordy Glenn was beyond awful today and he was pissing me off. He looked out of shape, lethargic and generally indifferent as to what was happening on the field.

6) I want to toss out some kudos to Felton. As Tyrod was rolling out on the 2nd quarter td pass to Clay, Felton held off a defender to give TT room and time to make the play.

7) How did it happen? How did Rex Ryan suddenly morph into Dick Jauron? Look, we don't have great coverage linebackers. Bradham is a pass rusher (and a good one), and Brown is a top run stuffer. Putting them in the secondary didn't work. And please remind me why we gave Hughes millions of dollars. Never mind, I remember...because he is a pass rusher!!!!! Today Rex reminded me of Dumbo Jauron sending Schobel out on coverage. We had the crowd noise and should have sent the kitchen sink after Brady!

8) It all rolls into one,

and nothing comes for free.

There's nothing you can hold,

for very long.

And when you hear that song,

come crying like the wind,

it seems like all this life,

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

9) Gotta love Tyrod, no? The kid can truly get out of trouble and he has a nice spin on his passes. He never never quit. I know it's risky but I want to see him on more called running plays. It will loosen up opposing defenses.

10) Speaking of out of control, even Bradham got lured in. Edelman got in his face and he shoved the little runt pretty hard. I was waiting for a flag but I suppose the refs didn't see it. We can't have this. We lost too much field position today with unnecessary penalties.

11) Percy Harvin has a ton of talent, but in the 3rd quarter he short armed that long sideline pass. Hey, he would have got hammered but he could have caught it and didn't extend his arms. Please watch the replay and see if you disagree.

12) Is there any such thing as a perfect opening drive? The Bill mixed things up, beat them up, and ate 5 minutes of the clock.

13) Is anyone still concerned about Watkins and his numbers? If this kid stays healthy he will make plays. Period.

14) Bottom line is that Rex has to take control and straighten things out. It looks like he has a lot to work with.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

Does anyone know if the Pats were praying for him too?

CBF

Ugh, what a game.

• Squish the fish!!

Let's go Buffalo!!

2 passes completed in Gilmore's coverage...2. That's where you're directing your criticism in a game with 59 pass attempts against?

2 passes completed in Gilmore's coverage...2. That's where you're directing your criticism in a game with 59 pass attempts against?

I tried to make this point to a Gilmore critic in the shout box last night. Gilmore played a solid game even with us getting torched. It comes back to the fact that Rex's attempted disguise left us in bad match up positions. So many of their completions were on dumb match ups. Gilmore isn't a dumb match up for anyone... however, he couldn't cover 5 skill players on his own. We had defensive ends in coverage way too often and we had linebackers in terrible matchups.

Edited by GunnerBill

Bill NYC, Excellent post. I'll keep it short. Brady, Gronk and BB. Three future HOF inductees who will earn their status with their play on the field, not with their mouths. Brady is 23-3 against us. Over the last 30 games the Pats have won 27. Talent usually prevails over a lack of talent almost all the time, especially when led with the best HC in the game.

The lack of discipline by the Bills was apparent. Aaron Williams lost his composure to the extent that he had to be restrained by a number of players and staff before he regained control of his emotions. The referees called a bad game and lacked judgment. There was a number of phantum calls (ex. offensive pass interference on Watkins and a TE who was on the line called for being off the line). The erratic calls and over-officiating chopped up the game so much that it was difficult to watch.

Rex Ryan is a brash trash talking braggart flamboyant HC who has a colorful act on the sidelines while BB is a tight-lipped non-talking HC who is in control on the sidelines. Which HC do you think is more likely to set the example for mature behavior and instill discipline in the highly charged atmosphere of a game? Rex plays to the camera while BB plays to the game.

As you noted Glenn has been a disaster. I don't know if he is out of shape but in the first two games he was very slow and sluggish. Henderson is also struggling. Our OL play has been horrible.

The positives I took out of this game is that I am very encouraged with the play of Tyrod. He played well considering that he was constantly under seige. Could you have imagined if the immobile Cassel was the starting qb in this game? I was also encouraged by the play of McCoy. He seemed to play with a lot of energy and quickness despite the fact there wasn't much space for him to maneuver. I also liked the fact that Watkins was involved with the offense.

Bill, you may be irritated by the feisty play of Edelmann but I am not. He is a gamer and a producer. :thumbsup:

Ah, maybe because he didn't get adequate blocking most of the time. DUH

He did some good things out there but it seemed like he was reluctant to step up in the pocket, instead he would fade back which is uaully a recipe for disaster.

There is no way to pin this loss on Gilmore.

The defensive plan was an abject failure. I'm surprised that they didn't have Mario run out and cover Edelman. And I have no idea what the story is with Glenn.

He did some good things out there but it seemed like he was reluctant to step up in the pocket, instead he would fade back which is uaully a recipe for disaster.

It was difficult for TT to step up in the pocket because he was receiving so much inside pressure. In general I thought he kept his composure and kept his passing option alive moving away from the pressure coming from the inside and out. After watching this game I was more encouraged over his play than troubled by it.

There is no way to pin this loss on Gilmore.

The defensive plan was an abject failure. I'm surprised that they didn't have Mario run out and cover Edelman. And I have no idea what the story is with Glenn.

Yeah...basically all of that.

I was very disheartened by the lack of adjustments on defense. They went into the half knowing that they needed to make changes to their approach, specifically to covering Gronk, and yet on the very first pass play of the 2nd half, there's Nigel Bradham, running one-on-one with Gronk. That is--as you stated--an abject failure.

You also cannot, cannot, cannot take penalties that result in Brady receiving the ball inside your 30 on consecutive possessions. Bad defensive game plan or not, that's a recipe for disaster.

They did the same thing vs. the Colts and I saw nobody complaining then. Rex disguises his coverages so nobody knows who is rushing. This is what he does and it's one of the major reasons as to why he's been so successful for a decade+. He's not the first guy to do it either, it's why Dick Labeau was so successful as well (though their D schemes aren't the same.)

You will continue to see Hughes and some DL in coverage on occasion. The problem with yesterday is that Brady wasn't confused. He identified the coverages right away and picked it apart. Luck, on the other hand, was rattled by it, couldn't break it down quickly enough and tossed a lot of errant passes as a result.

My main problem with the D yesterday wasn't that DL were dropping into coverage but that Ryan didn't make many adjustments when what he was doing wasn't working. He tried rushing 4 or 5 and got picked apart. To start the 2nd half they should have started brining the house on occasion, S blitzes, CB blitzes, anything to mix it up. Maybe that wouldn't have worked either but at least it had a chance.

They did the same thing vs. the Colts and I saw nobody complaining then. Rex disguises his coverages so nobody knows who is rushing. This is what he does and it's one of the major reasons as to why he's been so successful for a decade+. He's not the first guy to do it either, it's why Dick Labeau was so successful as well (though their D schemes aren't the same.)

You will continue to see Hughes and some DL in coverage on occasion. The problem with yesterday is that Brady wasn't confused. He identified the coverages right away and picked it apart. Luck, on the other hand, was rattled by it, couldn't break it down quickly enough and tossed a lot of errant passes as a result.

My main problem with the D yesterday wasn't that DL were dropping into coverage but that Ryan didn't make many adjustments when what he was doing wasn't working. He tried rushing 4 or 5 and got picked apart. To start the 2nd half they should have started brining the house on occasion, S blitzes, CB blitzes, anything to mix it up. Maybe that wouldn't have worked either but at least it had a chance.

They didn't do a lot of disguising in the first half. Rex basically had the front 4 rushing the passer, which in theory is a good plan. Problem was Brady adjusted and got the ball out quick, he also switched to max protect leaving 6 or 7 guys in to block. Also, the CB coverage was ridiculous, they gave them 10 yard cushions not playing press. It was odd. They didn't adjust at all.

The only "tricky" thing Rex was doing was trying to disguise who was covering Gronk, which was stupid and a failure as seen by the results of the game. Every play it was someone different.

I don't disagree with that - but it is horses for courses. You know that what Belichick and the Patriots feast on is the mismatches. The problem with disguising your D so much is that if the QB is successful in identifying who is coming he can find the mismatch, because there is bound to be one out there. Even if you started that way surely you could see what was happening and adjust but we didn't. Also this was not the exact same plan as last week. There was much less blitzing and the DBs were not in press at the line.

I hate the bravado. There is a reason they play the games. I hope something can be learned from this, but my Jets friends tell me it doesn't end well. I am still hopeful.

I know Brady eats up the blitz, but the lack of pressure was unbelievable. Go back and watch what the Giants did to end the unbeaten season. Brady had some success, but after getting rocked a bit, his body language said he was defeated. If this was real grass his jersey would have been totally clean. If you can't cover dropping db's then you need to try something else.

TT has me hopeful. He remained calm, and made some throws. Not perfect, but for a second game he was good. Wit this defensive personnel if you said we'd score 32 points do you think we'd lose? This one is on Rex.

It was difficult for TT to step up in the pocket because he was receiving so much inside pressure. In general I thought he kept his composure and kept his passing option alive moving away from the pressure coming from the inside and out. After watching this game I was more encouraged over his play than troubled by it.

Yeah John, I am not getting why people are upset wrt Tyrod.

As I said, I would like to see him on a few more called running plays. I get the risk, but it might also make his job easier by forcing defenses to account for this.

Yeah John, I am not getting why people are upset wrt Tyrod.

As I said, I would like to see him on a few more called running plays. I get the risk, but it might also make his job easier by forcing defenses to account for this.

Tyrod took the check down too often. There were open receivers but he was afraid to throw it into coverage areas. He drifted into pressure. He lacked clock urgency and had the receivers lined up incorrectly on multiple occasions. His TD pass to Woods probably should've been intercepted. I wasn't thrilled with his performance at all.

An out of control truck moving at high speed has up ramps to stop it on super highways. An out of control football team is supposed to have a coaching staff that makes adjustments to stop it. Dumb penalties game after game can cost you a season. We're certainly working on it and could use a good dose of coaching, understanding, and executing before we completely fly off the ramp.

I like the post and the truck/highway analogy, but what makes you think "we're certainly working on it?"