A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) I try to keep personalities out of this, but I think that Edelman turns my stomach even more than Brady.

2) My prayers go out to Aaron Williams, and it was great to see the team praying for him.

3) The special teams coach lost control of his players early on and it really hurt us. That said, Rex deserves blame as well. More on Rex to come.

4) I know he gave up some passes, but Darby impressed me today once again. The 36 yard td to Gronk in the 1st quarter was a simply great pass. The coverage was spot on and there seemed to be little chance to complete that throw. It was just perfect. :(

5) Cordy Glenn was beyond awful today and he was pissing me off. He looked out of shape, lethargic and generally indifferent as to what was happening on the field.

6) I want to toss out some kudos to Felton. As Tyrod was rolling out on the 2nd quarter td pass to Clay, Felton held off a defender to give TT room and time to make the play.

7) How did it happen? How did Rex Ryan suddenly morph into Dick Jauron? Look, we don't have great coverage linebackers. Bradham is a pass rusher (and a good one), and Brown is a top run stuffer. Putting them in the secondary didn't work. And please remind me why we gave Hughes millions of dollars. Never mind, I remember...because he is a pass rusher!!!!! Today Rex reminded me of Dumbo Jauron sending Schobel out on coverage. We had the crowd noise and should have sent the kitchen sink after Brady!

8) It all rolls into one,

and nothing comes for free.

There's nothing you can hold,

for very long.

And when you hear that song,

come crying like the wind,

it seems like all this life,

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

9) Gotta love Tyrod, no? The kid can truly get out of trouble and he has a nice spin on his passes. He never never quit. I know it's risky but I want to see him on more called running plays. It will loosen up opposing defenses.

10) Speaking of out of control, even Bradham got lured in. Edelman got in his face and he shoved the little runt pretty hard. I was waiting for a flag but I suppose the refs didn't see it. We can't have this. We lost too much field position today with unnecessary penalties.

11) Percy Harvin has a ton of talent, but in the 3rd quarter he short armed that long sideline pass. Hey, he would have got hammered but he could have caught it and didn't extend his arms. Please watch the replay and see if you disagree.

12) Is there any such thing as a perfect opening drive? The Bill mixed things up, beat them up, and ate 5 minutes of the clock.

13) Is anyone still concerned about Watkins and his numbers? If this kid stays healthy he will make plays. Period.

14) Bottom line is that Rex has to take control and straighten things out. It looks like he has a lot to work with.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The undisciplined and drive extending penalties were a disgrace. It's all following Rex's bravado and it needs to be corrected asap.

The D made no adjustments today. Brady reads the defense and gets the ball out so fast that the D-Line has no impact. The Bills either need to play press coverage at the line of scrimmage or rush everyone. Sitting back and watching Brady carve them up all day with 10 yards outs to wide open receivers is nauseating.

Don't always agree with your take but today your theme seems to be "out of control," and I think that's pretty much on point. We were out of control and they were executing exactly what they wanted to.

Rex wasn't ready for this game. Sad to admit, but we looked bad b/c of Rex. Not prepared, out of control, and shameful on D.

If memory serves me right, two sacks in two games. Something isn't right. Getting 10 sacks off of Johnny Football is good for a big paycheck but it isn't going to help win this kind of game.

I still think Woods is a #1 Receiver.

Tyrod did what he had to do but he had happy feet quite often.

Don't always agree with your take but today your theme seems to be "out of control," and I think that's pretty much on point. We were out of control and they were executing exactly what they wanted to.

Rex wasn't ready for this game. Sad to admit, but we looked bad b/c of Rex. Not prepared, out of control, and shameful on D.

Sadly, I agree as well. The lack of discipline was a direct reflection of Rex's mid-week bluster and dubious gameday rep...

As Trey Wingo said, you don't treat the 2nd game like a playoff game. I'm worried that the team will be on an emotional rollercoaster. It's up to Ryan to control that.

Might as well ride the down if it gives you an edge in practice to visit Miami next week. We need to come out mad next week...what happened today matters and the Bills (especially the defense) better take notice. I think they are capable but they were not who they say they are this week.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

1) I try to keep personalities out of this, but I think that Edelman turns my stomach even more than Brady.

2) My prayers go out to Aaron Williams, and it was great to see the team praying for him.

3) The special teams coach lost control of his players early on and it really hurt us. That said, Rex deserves blame as well. More on Rex to come.

4) I know he gave up some passes, but Darby impressed me today once again. The 36 yard td to Gronk in the 1st quarter was a simply great pass. The coverage was spot on and there seemed to be little chance to complete that throw. It was just perfect. :(

5) Cordy Glenn was beyond awful today and he was pissing me off. He looked out of shape, lethargic and generally indifferent as to what was happening on the field.

6) I want to toss out some kudos to Felton. As Tyrod was rolling out on the 2nd quarter td pass to Clay, Felton held off a defender to give TT room and time to make the play.

7) How did it happen? How did Rex Ryan suddenly morph into Dick Jauron? Look, we don't have great coverage linebackers. Bradham is a pass rusher (and a good one), and Brown is a top run stuffer. Putting them in the secondary didn't work. And please remind me why we gave Hughes millions of dollars. Never mind, I remember...because he is a pass rusher!!!!! Today Rex reminded me of Dumbo Jauron sending Schobel out on coverage. We had the crowd noise and should have sent the kitchen sink after Brady!

for very long.

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

9) Gotta love Tyrod, no? The kid can truly get out of trouble and he has a nice spin on his passes. He never never quit. I know it's risky but I want to see him on more called running plays. It will loosen up opposing defenses.

10) Speaking of out of control, even Bradham got lured in. Edelman got in his face and he shoved the little runt pretty hard. I was waiting for a flag but I suppose the refs didn't see it. We can't have this. We lost too much field position today with unnecessary penalties.

11) Percy Harvin has a ton of talent, but in the 3rd quarter he short armed that long sideline pass. Hey, he would have got hammered but he could have caught it and didn't extend his arms. Please watch the replay and see if you disagree.

12) Is there any such thing as a perfect opening drive? The Bill mixed things up, beat them up, and ate 5 minutes of the clock.

13) Is anyone still concerned about Watkins and his numbers? If this kid stays healthy he will make plays. Period.

14) Bottom line is that Rex has to take control and straighten things out. It looks like he has a lot to work with.

Nice Try Rod, but overall not good enough!

for very long.

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

1-he's a douche, I agree he may be the worst, he's a dumb phuck too

2-for sure

3-the stealth problem of the game, our ST got is ass kicked

4- He is the real deal

5-Glenn is a cause for concern no doubt

6-didnt see it

7- what a flop disappointment, where is Schawartz

8-

9- Taylor actually did some really good things today when you consider he got no help from O-line, his WR on 2 int and his OC

10- I agree. However, this crew was beyond ridiculous to both teams with the flags

11- Yeah he was protecting himslef

12- great drive

13- I wish he actually got used like he should be

14- no one else can do it.

15-Go Bills

The Dline should be ashamed not winning match ups against a line full of rookies. At some point I was hoping they would just start throwing the kitchen sink like they did against luck.

How do you not contain Gronk and Edelman. What happpened to the press coverage and being physical at the line that Everyone knows you need to do against them

The pats* hubris to keep passing and roll up stats with a big lead was almost their undoing. They were in a hurry up, up by 3 scores for cripes sake.

I can't believe they came back and had a chance at the end. Did anyone not think something tragic would happen that last drive however. I figured they would score, then mis the 2 pt conversion in glorious fashion ( maybe pick 2 going the other way)

Also, kudos to McCoy who played his heart out. If only most of the other guys matched his heart today

Edited by stevewin

Tom Brady is a surgeon out there, and his receivers generally catch the ball when it hits their hands. The Amendola catch was a thing of beauty. When he ran the hurry up the Bills did not have time to adjust at all.

Cordy Glenn could use some help on the end out there.

Can't wait to hear the press conference.

for very long.

was just a dream.

Stella Blue

1) We need to take out that POS Edelman.

4) Darby was the only guy I saw on D from start to finish.

8) I was thinking Hell in a Bucket, but Stella is better, because NFW we're enjoying the ride.

11) Percy definitely alligatored it, and I said it in the game thread. If he lays out, he makes the catch. Chickenshit play by him.

Half way through the 3rd I thought we were the same old Bills. After the last 20 I think maybe, but maybe not. TT seemed to settle down and make some plays. Is this the Fits Bills that would bring you back only to choke, or a solid team going through growing pains? I don't know. I'm not happy, but at least I have hope.

Edit: Agreed on Glenn. I'm tired of the idea that we need to appease him because he had a promising rookie season. I like having him but he's not worth premium LT money.

Edited by Rob's House

In retrospect, this was the stone cold lock of the week. Patriots impressed in the Thursday opener, then had 11 days to prepare for the Bills. And it showed. It was Josh McDaniels 1, Rex Ryan 0.

The "Build a Bully" getting out of control is on Rex too. It looked more like "Build a Raiders East" version of a bully. Time to cut the macho crap and play good fundamental football.

Bradham on Gronk. I swear I thought I saw Jerry Hughes on Gronk once (not a completion, but still). The Pats moved the ball effortlessly. Stop talking about best defense in football until you can stop these guys. Virtually no pressure from the vaunted Front 4 (anyone else think Bryant looked better than Dareus? Mark my words: signing a huge DT to a long term deal almost never works out), and when they did blitz later on, the Pats had it covered all but a couple times. 466 yards passing. Does an elite defense ever give up 466 yards passing?

That opening drive was near perfection. And after looking like a confused rookie in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the freewheeling Tyrod showed us something in the 4th. Other than that, I cringe to say it, but ... same old Bills, same old Patriots ....

The lack of disciplined play by the Bills today is alarming!

For sure 26. That has been the knock on Rex before, and it appears nothing has changed. We can all complain about the calls but it makes no difference. Can't put yourself in a situation where the ref can call some of that stuff.

12.thats its somethhing that pissed me with Roman in SF,used to tell to my brother(49ers fan)"and thats all the points they're going to score"

And overall coaching incl. penalties

Edited by poblano

Half way through the 3rd I thought we were the same old Bills. After the last 20 I think maybe, but maybe not. TT seemed to settle down and make some plays. Is this the Fits Bills that would bring you back only to choke, or a solid team going through growing pains? I don't know. I'm not happy, but at least I have hope.

Edit: Agreed on Glenn. I'm tired of the idea that we need to appease him because he had a promising rookie season. I like having him but he's not worth premium LT money.

How can this give you hope?

My point is there is no way a guy with his quickness should be sacked 8 times. NFW!

Agreed. And Tyrod looked horribly confused out there between the end of the first drive and the end of the third quarter. The near-safety sack was unnecessary and a killer, causing that short snap line drive punt, followed of course by a stupid penalty and a 15 yard Pats TD drive ...

Agreed. And Tyrod looked horribly confused out there between the end of the first drive and the end of the third quarter. The near-safety sack was unnecessary and a killer, causing that short snap line drive punt, followed of course by a stupid penalty and a 15 yard Pats TD drive ...

Look can you honestly say that the supporting cast did what it needed to do to HELP a QB making his second start. From Roman to Clay to the OL they needed to be better.

Penalties and lack of discipline on this team (coaches and players) is disgusting - big reason why I couldn't stand Rex when he was in NY. It's tough enough to beat New England - lack of discipline gave them drive starts on our 13 and 30 yard line. You CANT do that against this team if you want to win.

Edited by Azucho98

I hope you're wrong, but this could be a real problem.

I think Tyrod rolling out, or at least taking a couple steps to either side will constitute 80% of his pass plays going forward. I've never seen that charted for Russell Wilson, but I imagine the percentage is pretty high with him too to allow him to get those clear lanes.

It's weird. He buys himself some time in the pocket and then looks lost and takes a sack. He had plenty of chances to roll out of the pocket and run or toss it downfield. It's like he was stubborn in the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs wanting to show he could make plays from the pocket. Forget that. He needs to be an athlete and roll outta there. Good things happened late when he did.