Listening to WEEI from Boston

TH3

Seeing what the locals are saying....currently they are rattling on non-stop....about deflategate....how Brady was framed, how the report was wrong, how the physics doesn't work....holy crap do these guys have a persecution complex. The rest of the world has moved on....but its more fun being wronged I guess....

I'll be wearing my Bills gear all week here in Boston. For sure my students will be decked out in their Pats jerseys, hats, etc. -- and the little pissants will be squawking. Should be fun ...

But they are dead wrong on the physics; fairly elementary thermodynamics ... I already explained it to some of them. Come to think of it, maybe I'll put that as a question on the mid-term. Then we'll see where their loyalties lie. :devil:

The funny part is that they are some of the least knowledgeable fans in all of sports (Pats fans not Boston fans in general). The last 2 games I went to there pretty funny. The last time I had my Andre Reed throwback on and some guy was like trying to talk trash in line at me and was like "who is Reed anyways." My cousin was with me (she lives in Boston) and she educated him, "a HOF wide receiver." The guy felt pretty stupid learning the history of the game from a 110 lb female.

The time before was the first game that Losman appeared in. It was a Sunday Night game. The people around me were playfully jabbing at me early in the game. Then by like the 2nd quarter they were asking about formations and what a cover 2 was. I m by no means a football expert but to these people (and it was like 10 or more) I was Vince Lombardi. They were nice enough and bought me beers and stuff but they couldn't have known less.

I live twenty minutes from the Death Star in Foxboro and used to go to games there. I doubt I'll ever go again. I love our annual 8 hour drive to Western NY. The two game day experiences do not compare.

This summer has absolutely killed sports radio in this area. I have gone back to actually listening to music on the radio than listen to droning on and on about deflategate. There are also guys (Felger & Mazz on 98.5) that actually go against the Pats* and come out and say that Tommy was wrong but it still a ton dribble.

i hope more than anything that not only do we win Sunday but we win BIG. like 31-0. and Brady gets hit HARD. like he gets knocked out and they have to wake him up with smelling salts and then he wakes up and curls up in a ball and cries for Giselle to take him home

I'll be wearing my Bills gear all week here in Boston. For sure my students will be decked out in their Pats jerseys, hats, etc. -- and the little pissants will be squawking. Should be fun ...

But they are dead wrong on the physics; fairly elementary thermodynamics ... I already explained it to some of them. Come to think of it, maybe I'll put that as a question on the mid-term. Then we'll see where their loyalties lie. :devil:

awesome! do it! And make sure its a part of the assessment reports to the accrediting agencies.

i hope more than anything that not only do we win Sunday but we win BIG. like 31-0. and Brady gets hit HARD. like he gets knocked out and they have to wake him up with smelling salts and then he wakes up and curls up in a ball and cries for Giselle to take him home

he's not allowed home anymore..they are on bad terms...but that actually makes it all the better, He'll cry for her and know-one will answer..hehe

hahaha that would be hysterical! I wonder how many swayed answers you'd get.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/on-to-buffalo.1123530/

What their fans are saying. I'm actually surprised how afraid they are of this game. Nothing like what was on the colts boards last week. The fans do seem to know what they're talking about.

definitely some pretty interesting insights and viewpoints in that forum haha.

the funniest viewpoint is that TT is "just not a good QB"

we'll see.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/on-to-buffalo.1123530/

What their fans are saying. I'm actually surprised how afraid they are of this game. Nothing like what was on the colts boards last week. The fans do seem to know what they're talking about.

That was a mixed bag of people for sure. A few people giving credit, a few giving none and a few giving backhanded compliments (I'm surprised they beat the colts but it's the colts so it doesn't mean much).

I find it hard to think of being a patriots fan for the past however long. What do they have to talk about? Other than these cheating allegations that have come up what do they do?

Post #1: We play Miami this week

Post #2: Win.

End of thread.

Edited by The Wiz

The funny part is that they are some of the least knowledgeable fans in all of sports (Pats fans not Boston fans in general). The last 2 games I went to there pretty funny. The last time I had my Andre Reed throwback on and some guy was like trying to talk trash in line at me and was like "who is Reed anyways." My cousin was with me (she lives in Boston) and she educated him, "a HOF wide receiver." The guy felt pretty stupid learning the history of the game from a 110 lb female.

The time before was the first game that Losman appeared in. It was a Sunday Night game. The people around me were playfully jabbing at me early in the game. Then by like the 2nd quarter they were asking about formations and what a cover 2 was. I m by no means a football expert but to these people (and it was like 10 or more) I was Vince Lombardi. They were nice enough and bought me beers and stuff but they couldn't have known less.

What the hell do mean your not a football expert!

Seeing what the locals are saying....currently they are rattling on non-stop....about deflategate....how Brady was framed, how the report was wrong, how the physics doesn't work....holy crap do these guys have a persecution complex. The rest of the world has moved on....but its more fun being wronged I guess....

Almost nobody has moved on. Every conversation regarding the Pats very quickly turns to cheating.

I'm surprised that many people really take the Bills seriously. It does seem like the Bills have arrived.

the only people dismissing are a few 'just because its Buffalo/Rex Ryan we have Gronk' crowd.

I will say this about WEEI, they are a very good sports talk station. You may not agree with what they have to say but their hosts really know their stuff. Glen Ordway in midday is especially good. It's hard to fathom that the company that owns WEEI also owns WGR. Talk about night and day. One is a professional operation and the other is amateur hour. BTW, the "Whiner Line" and those drop in sound effects ("Clark the Bear", "Perpatrator!") all stolen from WEEI. And while Schopp's engineer can only handle about 6 sound effects, Ordway's engineer uses a library of hundreds.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

:lol::devil:

The funniest thing I saw on twitter was a Pats fan talking trash about having "two Gronks" now that they have Chandler. Um - no. You have a Gronk and you have a Chandler and the two will never intersect.

That is gold (as stated earlier they know NOTHING about football)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Bledsoe used to say boston is really a baseball town that happens to have a football team. I would think brady has changed that a little in the past decade, but the pats fans I know are a long way from the Steelers, Bills, Cowboys type fans who appreciate and understand the game.

They see it more as entertainment out there, whereas we take it far more seriously and passionately. When we finally get that ring its gonna be that much sweeter.

"surprisingly"?

@mikerodak: Brady to @WEEI: Its an old stadium, but its surprisingly very, very loud. Its a great environment for football and well be tested."

Maybe the old bowl stadiums don't hold noise as well as the newer stadiums?

Bledsoe used to say boston is really a baseball town that happens to have a football team. I would think brady has changed that a little in the past decade, but the pats fans I know are a long way from the Steelers, Bills, Cowboys type fans who appreciate and understand the game.

They see it more as entertainment out there, whereas we take it far more seriously and passionately. When we finally get that ring its gonna be that much sweeter.

This will become more clear to everyone next year after Bellicheck** and Brady** announce their retirements at the end of this season.

It was crazy watching a football game yesterday...

Am I the only one that was a little blase about the entire affair?

I am a "shell shocked" fan... at one point a Colts receiver ran a crossing route, caught the ball, dove to the turf, and someone from the Bills defensive backfield forcefully pushed him down to the turf... I thought for sure a penalty was on the way. The league (whether in my imagination, or in reality) has legislated the "football" out of football.

This, combined with everything to do with concussions, and the fact that the entire summer was spent with the league trying to punish the champions for cheating, only to have them skate at the 11th hour, and then to listen to everything from their fans, to the announcers, to the networks basically take the stance that "Pats are the best team in the history of the league--let's move on to football now that that witch hunt is over".

NFL is losing me... FAST.

I'm excited for the game this week, but honestly, by 5pm last night I had forgot the Bills had beat the Colts, and I am definitely NOT losing sleep over this weekends game.

NFL had me wrapped around it's greedy little finger for the better part of 25 years, and I have 100%, definitely, without question, crested the mountain and begun my dissent into "moderate amusement".

It's too bad this had to happen when it looks like the Bills have one of their best squads ever... but color me unmoved.

And as an edit, let me just add: Deflategate matters/mattered because look how good the AFC East is.

A Pats loss (without Brady) last Thursday would already have New England 1 game back of everyone in the division.

The game for the duration of the vacated suspension:

Week 2: Pats at Bills / Dolphins at Jags / Jets at Colts

Week 3: Bills at Dolphins / Jags at Pats / Eagles at Jets

Week 4: Jets at Dolphins / Giants at Bills / Pats *bye*

Week 5: Bills at Titans / Pats at Cowboys / Dolphins, Jets *bye*

Looking at those slates, it's easy to see a division shakeup along the lines of:

Bills 4-1

Dolphins 3-1

Jets 1-3

Pats 1-3

Hard to see us giving up a 3 game lead over the Pats over the course of 10-11 games, especially with this defense.

So in the end, the Pats got to cheat, win a Super Bowl (again), and skirt the punishment that would have given Buf an easy path to the playoffs.

Yes, you have to play (and win) the games, and yes, they could still win games with Garopolo, but the point still stands.

Goodell should turn his league into authorities, and have Congress audit the Patriots and nuke the organization from top to bottom.

Which creative fan is going to be the first to bring a class action lawsuit against the league/sunday ticket/et. al?

Am I due past expenses for buying a product that is, by it's own legislative trail of admittance, not "on the up and up"?

And since the league felt strongly enough to punish the Patriots for cheating, yet they did not have to face that punishment, is it safe to assume that the Patriots are still engaging in activities that call into question the integrity of the game?

And if that's the case, why are Patriots fans so glib about "the Steelers couldn't win because they were jumping at shadows--everything we did they thought we were cheating"!

Is this not a problem of the highest magnitude for a professional sports league?

That 31 of your 32 fan bases are loath to face a team (or even, in my case, follow the sport) because, "what's the point, theyre probably cheating anyways"?

These message boards are read by lots of different people--so to the wet behind the ears NFL.com intern gauging fan reactions to week 1 from various team message boards, copy and paste this sentence and bring it to your next team meeting:

"I would describe myself as losing interest in the NFL, and exploring other television options, because I no longer trust the fidelity of your brand, and am confused as to how your champion can be found guilty of cheating, yet face no punishment."

Edited by JohnnyGold

The funniest thing I saw on twitter was a Pats fan talking trash about having "two Gronks" now that they have Chandler. Um - no. You have a Gronk and you have a Chandler and the two will never intersect.

I've been trying to come up with a witty way to express this idea. Chandler is the un-Gronk. After his TD, it was like everyone came around to tell him, "See, Scott...you can score TD's too. You're one of us now. etc." It was weird. Chandler is like Gronk's little, underachieving brother. You know, the boring one you have to tolerate because "mom" said Gronk has to help him get some friends too. Chandler is the inverse proportion of Gronk. Where Gronk runs a vertical, Gronk-1 runs a flat route short of the sticks. Did you see how Chandler almost managed to get stopped at the 6" line? I am not missing him at all. Clay is the real deal! I just hope Rex has a nice D for dealing with that Jumbo shift to 3-wide package.

Most of the new stadiums are built with acoustics in mind to make it louder than it normally would be.

Pretty sure they showed this on sports science out something about Seattle. Something like the way it was designed amplifies the crowd noise by like 15- 20db.

Not what I took away from that thread at all. All I saw was

"This should be an easy win" --> "I don't know they are actually pretty good in many areas, this might be more difficult than you think" --> "The way some people are talking we should just forfeit now! Tyrod = Elway LOL!!!".

Chandler was a pretty good TE for us as well, his main problem was dropsies when it mattered, but he sure made us some nice TD's and saved drives over his career in Buffalo, let's not forget that.

saying he isn't Gronk isn't saying he wasn't "pretty good when he was the Bills." In fact, that's exactly what he was. No one is forgetting that. Gronk is not "pretty good" - he is the best TE in the league and one of the best of all time. For a Pats fan to say they have "two Gronks" is hilarious.