Update on Chris Hogan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for him and the Bills but it makes the decision harder if he is going to be out for a few weeks. I guess if they want to keep 6 WR, as well as cut Thompson or Davis and hope to put one or the other on the PS, they could just keep him and Goodwin and wait until Hogan gets healthy and then decide who plays ahead of the other guy.

Hogan is not a stud ST player. He had no tackles and one assist last year, and eight tackles in his career.

Get your facts out of here!! He is fast, athletic, has great hands and hasn't played football that long. Did you know that Hogan played lacrosse in college? Edited by Kirby Jackson

This most disappointing part of this is that we will never truly settle whether he was going to make the team or not.

Personally, I'd be happy if he were done, but certainly don't want it to be because of injury.

I hope he makes a quick recovery so we can cut him, lol.

Not much of an update. Typically, we'd have already known the extent from mri's/X-rays. I like Hogan but we may have seen the last of him. We finally have REAL skill at WR -deep enough to bury his ever-encouraging play and I'd take Easley over 7-11 for ST's every day. He may be IR'd -just because..

I really liked what he showed last year, but this preseason has been rough. It'll be interesting to see who our depth WRs are. I'm assuming WR4 and WR5 are open, with Sammy, Woods, and Harvin being locks, and Easley being our Special Teams pick?

I think going into the game last night Hogan had already been passed by Thompson on the depth chart. It is hard for Hogan to make the team!

Not necessarily. Hogan is an exceptional blocker, plays ST, and offers more versatility than Thompson. Just because a player gets targeted more in the preseason, does not ipso facto, put them up on the depth chart.

That being said, I do believe this injury put him more on the bubble than he was, and Goodwin has been much improved in the last few weeks. Add Thigpen, who is becoming a ST fixture, and has RB experience, and I think Hogan may be gone. Which, as a Hogan fan, makes me sad.

Look for Hogan or Goodwin to end up on IR.........the jury is out on Harvin...he has never played a complete season......and if he can't justify his $6mil salary, those other two are potentially next years answer. (Hogan at least, not really sure about Goodwin) If cut, Hogan will end up in Cleveland or Jacksonville fast.

Good news for him and the Bills but it makes the decision harder if he is going to be out for a few weeks. I guess if they want to keep 6 WR, as well as cut Thompson or Davis and hope to put one or the other on the PS, they could just keep him and Goodwin and wait until Hogan gets healthy and then decide who plays ahead of the other guy.

This might have saved his bacon. They could conceivably put Hogan on IR and let him try again next year. His dropsies this camp might have had him on the bubble.

Look for Hogan or Goodwin to end up on IR.........the jury is out on Harvin...he has never played a complete season......and if he can't justify his $6mil salary, those other two are potentially next years answer. (Hogan at least, not really sure about Goodwin) If cut, Hogan will end up in Cleveland or Jacksonville fast.

Rex has spoken of Goodwin in future tense. I think he likes him as well as Sanjay Lal. 88 will be around I believe.

I honestly think Harvin will not play past this season solely on his contract. He's going to lock up 20m over '16 - '17 seasons. That money is going to go somewhere else.

Not necessarily. Hogan is an exceptional blocker, plays ST, and offers more versatility than Thompson. Just because a player gets targeted more in the preseason, does not ipso facto, put them up on the depth chart.

That being said, I do believe this injury put him more on the bubble than he was, and Goodwin has been much improved in the last few weeks. Add Thigpen, who is becoming a ST fixture, and has RB experience, and I think Hogan may be gone. Which, as a Hogan fan, makes me sad.

Agreed. If Goodwin and Thompson both shine again in games 3 and 4 whilst Hogan is still out then he might be in trouble. If they made the cuts today still no way Hogan gets cut.

Edited by GunnerBill

With Harvin a question mark it might open up the door for Thigpen who's been good at returning kicks his preseason. So it could be Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Thompson, Thigpen, Easley* I'm not sure though if Easley makes it as he's been hurt this preseason and Andre Davis is making a case to make the squad too.

I don't understand why so many people love this guy so much. Everyone around here hates Marrone, yet they love the player that symbolizes his regime more than anyone else. This guy would have never seen the field with another coach. Maybe I'll just never recover from being upset by how many touches he got on plays such as screens last year. We traded for Sammy who is obviously far more gifted, and all the screens went to Hogan. He just doesn't have the talent you need in this league. I don't care how good he is at lacrosse. Made a nice catch in the Vikings game, but also drops a ton of passes in games. Fans are blinded by their desire to root for the small college underdog guy that reminds them of themselves, and ignore how he actually plays in the game. Many have mentioned they fear him playing on the Pats. Sure, he'd make an impact with the Pats. Tom Brady would be throwing him the ball. I'd make an impact too.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I don't understand why so many people love this guy so much. Everyone around here hates Marrone, yet they love the player that symbolizes his regime more than anyone else. This guy would have never seen the field with another coach. Maybe I'll just never recover from being upset by how many touches he got on plays such as screens last year. We traded for Sammy who is obviously far more gifted, and all the screens went to Hogan. He just doesn't have the talent you need in this league. I don't care how good he is at lacrosse. Made a nice catch in the Vikings game, but also drops a ton of passes in games. Fans are blinded by their desire to root for the underdog small college underdog guy that reminds them of their athletic pasts, and ignore how he actually plays in the game. Many have mentioned they fear him playing on the Pats. Sure, he'd make an impact with the Pats. Tom Brady would be throwing him the ball. I'd make an impact too.

People can identify with him because he was featured on Hard Knocks, looks like a guy who developed himself into a no one to a decent option last year. Yet it doesn't mean he isn't replaceable. He's struggled this preseason and have little problem replacing him as think we've seen the most we can ever expect from him which is to be a #3 WR in the NFL.

Not much of an update. Typically, we'd have already known the extent from mri's/X-rays. I like Hogan but we may have seen the last of him. We finally have REAL skill at WR -deep enough to bury his ever-encouraging play and I'd take Easley over 7-11 for ST's every day. He may be IR'd -just because..

this

I really liked what he showed last year, but this preseason has been rough. It'll be interesting to see who our depth WRs are. I'm assuming WR4 and WR5 are open, with Sammy, Woods, and Harvin being locks, and Easley being our Special Teams pick?

Is Harvin still a lock? The hip thing. is it more serious then being let on? He showed already he has the skills since with Buffalo.

I gotta agree, its gonna be tough> hopefully we can stash some on PS.

I don't understand why so many people love this guy so much.

Because he is better than you are giving credit for, that's why. If the Bills cut Hogan in final cuts he will be on an NFL 53 within 24 hours and would likely have more than 1 team making waiver claims on him.