Update on Chris Hogan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure anymore, I think Thompson has earned a spot so it comes down to Hogan or Easley. While Hogan has struggled this summer, he was reliable in regular season games so then doing the numbers if you keep Hogan, you likely end up letting Easley go. Can Thompson play ST? If so, makes it easier to cut Easley.

Does Easley have a spot due to his ST play?

I know it's trite to reference the show, but he is much like the character depicted by Bob Crane in that I think the coaches only like him because they don't realize that he is in fact undermining what they are trying to do, offensively.

Fire away, heroes.

I know it's trite to reference the show, but he is much like the character depicted by Bob Crane in that I think the coaches only like him because they don't realize that he is in fact undermining what they are trying to do, offensively.

Fire away, heroes.

A fairly hot young woman, who was flirting and kidding around, once asked me to describe my sex life in two words, and my answer was, "Bob. Crane." ;)

True story although not an accurate answer.

Thigpen is a must to keep. Guy can play ST and Is a top-5 type returner, and versatile to play WR and RB in a pinch.

Actually of the active RB's he is the most likely.....by A LOT.....to make the team so he's basically #1 on the depth chart. :thumbsup:

Good to hear Hogan's injury isn't serious. He's a keeper. I say we trade Marquis, get some value and keep Deonte. The kid's a player.

I don't trust his hands and he doesn't use his body enough to shield himself from defenders. He has potential though, I'll give you that.

Agreed. If Goodwin and Thompson both shine again in games 3 and 4 whilst Hogan is still out then he might be in trouble. If they made the cuts today still no way Hogan gets cut.

Goodwin is a lock. What he's capable.of and how the coaches have been using him in preseason. How others can't see that idk. Hogan imo was on his way out before the injury. Being totally outplayed by Thompson and argubaly Davis too

I'm glad Hogan isn't hurt badly.

When does Bandits camp open?

That's funny. I like the kid, and Thompson had one good game. If he can reproduce over the next two games, he'll make the team. I didn't watch him play ST, but that really helps. They'll never dump Easley. He is way too valuable on ST. I know Goodwin is fast, but he jsut has not proven to be reliable with his hands or staying healthy, so I don't care if we release him.

He is at least a #3 for about a third of the league. There are 2 or 4 (usual tire fire teams) where he might even be their two...

Most likely Harvin is a one year rental. if Hogan is thought of as still a player who is learning, has potential, etc. He will stay as Harvin's replacement Next season.

I really liked what he showed last year, but this preseason has been rough. It'll be interesting to see who our depth WRs are. I'm assuming WR4 and WR5 are open, with Sammy, Woods, and Harvin being locks, and Easley being our Special Teams pick?

Not all together sure Harvin is a lock. Been hurt and has missed some time.

Get your facts out of here!! He is fast, athletic, has great hands and hasn't played football that long. Did you know that Hogan played lacrosse in college?

Now that's cold...

This most disappointing part of this is that we will never truly settle whether he was going to make the team or not.

Personally, I'd be happy if he were done, but certainly don't want it to be because of injury.

I hope he makes a quick recovery so we can cut him, lol.

but that's colder. :lol:

What I think most are overlooking here is the giant swarm of injury bugs that's infested TC this year. There are two more games to play and a lot of days of drills that could change the careers of several of these young men. There's a lot more time and chances for someone to go down with an injury as much as there is to have someone prove they've earned a spot.