Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

thats the best crow you can eat...you and all the other pats bills fans on tbd that love to defend brady the fem and kiss the ring and s@#k the c5ck of the most dishonest coach in the history of organized sports ( you know who you are), will appreciate lame patriots getting caught cheating yet again. I hope you all stop making whining about excuses seem reasonable. Please go to their board if you are defending them . it is sickening to make them making them seem good, except at cheating and being weak. Their lame owner that poisons my food with toxins like bht and.is as dishonorable of a man in business as he is a weak and lame cheat who couldnt win a fair fight with girl in a hospital bed dying of kidney failure from his lies.......

.....hopefully you will all pick a side during the season by making this scum dread it everytime he sets foot inside of the city limits so the players never mention cheating (they expect the fans to have the teams' back on such petty but important matters and will let rex take the high road) and pelt bellicheat and kraft the pedophile with tapes and cds and let him know that we are watching him and we have one of his whistleblowers , the overated but good at foolowing directions cassel, and we will make his cheating asz look as bad as the teams who have figured out his rings are only from smoke and mirrors like the rest of this lame rigged world (like kc last year).. go pegula, go bills, and all those who dont encourage miltant acts to compensate for years of fake wins and stealing our signals by videotape at halftime arent fans of the buffalo bills and the city of Buffalo..

so weird...i was going to post this exact msg word for word...what are the odds??

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you go 9-7 and 0-2 against Brady is that better than 10-6 and 1-1 against Brady? Do we get a trophy for beating them with Brady vs. without? You don't apologize for victories. As I said earlier teams play against injured and suspended opponents all of the time. At the end of the day all that matters is if you won or lost. If the Bills played all 16 games against back up QBs I would be thrilled.

Exactly!! It doesn't matter who you beat; it matters that you did beat them.

I completely agree that winning is what matters. I would be the first to argue with anyone who says our achievement is devalued because Brady wasn't in. I was arguing against that very point in December for the Buffalo vs Pats thread.

That doesn't mean there won't be a whole lot of "buts" come time when we finally make the playoffs. Trust me I don't believe in it either, but it will surely happen. Our own fans said it at the end of the season last year. The NFL Media will be all over it. It will be THE story next year.

So sue me if I would rather bypass that and hit the patriots hard in the draft. That's just my opinion.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think the fumbling issue is a combination of about 6-8 factors. I'm not convinced at all it has anything to do with deflating balls. It's possible but I won't take that leap. I also don't think at all these guys have been doing this every game for eight years.

In the absence of the fumbling data from 2000-2006 and 2007-2014, I'd maybe agree with you. However I can't discount that a) it helped with fumbling (since a deflated ball is easier to hang onto and b) they've been doing since the rule was changed. And Occam's razor would say that deflating the ball would be a better answer than 6-8 factors working simultaneously.

In the absence of the fumbling data from 2000-2006 and 2007-2014, I'd maybe agree with you. However I can't discount that a) it helped with fumbling (since a deflated ball is easier to hang onto and b) they've been doing since the rule was changed. And Occam's razor would say that deflating the ball would be a better answer than 6-8 factors working simultaneously.

Do you really think that for seven years, game after game, these guys were taking the balls and after the officials set them at 12.5 they took them and lowered them and then the Colts after an interception noticed it after 125 games of them doing it? And then one time when the NFL was aware they took the balls to a bathroom and did it and the refs couldn't find the balls? I don't. I think it was sporadic at best.

Do you really think that for seven years, game after game, these guys were taking the balls and after the officials set them at 12.5 they took them and lowered them and then the Colts after an interception noticed it after 125 games of them doing it? And then one time when the NFL was aware they took the balls to a bathroom and did it and the refs couldn't find the balls? I don't. I think it was sporadic at best.

Plus...the fumbling study is crap.

I thought it was pretty much debunked before you chimed in with logical reasons why it was crap? It's possible of course it played a tiny part. With so many ex Patriots that leave the team pissed at them like Spikes and Welker and others, it's impossible for me to believe they were doing this stuff all the time. There would be whistleblowers.

so weird...i was going to post this exact msg word for word...what are the odds??

hilarious.. help me out with some evidence about the core 4 cheaters on the thread i actually started before they close me down and kick me off like in feb. thanks

No but home games in the rain or snow especially big games or playoff games--you bet they would. That forecast for the Colts game is likely why they did it.

This was not the first or only time. There is too much from spygate (worse then we know IMO) to allegations of headset tampering to this.

Their home record in the era of parity, constant roster turnover, constant coaching changes, and Matt Cassels only really good year is enough for me to believe something was going on there and the league knew.....this was a freaking sting. Why? Why embarrass the league's poster boy like that? You have to really tick off the league and other teams for that to happen.

Institutionalized cheating.

I thought it was pretty much debunked before you chimed in with logical reasons why it was crap? It's possible of course it played a tiny part. With so many ex Patriots that leave the team pissed at them like Spikes and Welker and others, it's impossible for me to believe they were doing this stuff all the time. There would be whistleblowers.

Since it's easier to grip a deflated football and the Cheaters cut their fumble rate by 43% after the rule change championed by Brady, I'd say they did it more often than not and that it helped. Every single game? No, probably not.

And as for why did no former player say anything, they were spying on teams since Belicheat arrived in NE. You'd think a former player would have divulged that information as well until it taking until 2007 to find out about it. Likely, as with the videotaping, only a select few knew about it.

As a cheater, Tom Brady has been caught. Now, how many times hasn't he been caught?

Poor little Tommy Cheatriot. I petition for weeks 2 and 10. Also, Weeek 2 he has to make the trip w/the rest of the Cheatriots AND he & his parents have to stay in the most sleazy WNY motel.

If he's suspended they should enforce it Week 1 for their hoist the trophy TNF season opener

That is how offseason suspensions work

Since it's easier to grip a deflated football and the Cheaters cut their fumble rate by 43% after the rule change championed by Brady, I'd say they did it more often than not and that it helped. Every single game? No, probably not.

And as for why did no former player say anything, they were spying on teams since Belicheat arrived in NE. You'd think a former player would have divulged that information as well until it taking until 2007 to find out about it. Likely, as with the videotaping, only a select few knew about it.

43% reduction without even doing it weekly... You must think the difference between the two levels is HUGE

If you stood Tommy in a corner for 10 minutes, he would go batshit insane...........

I play 'pitch, and catch' with a couple of guys at work. (I'm good for throwing a 25 yard spiral at 61 years of age) :-)

I keep the ball underinflated nowadays, because it's easier to throw, and *catch*. I have a permanent injury to my right *middle finger* because a well placed, properly inflated ball crashed down on the very top of that finger back in 2004. (The finger is bent, forward, which may be an advantage in certain situations)

An underinflated ball would likely have meant that the ball harmlessly bounced off of *that* finger.

Brady is lying through his teeth.

Period.

*SUSPEND*

NOW.

And bend his fingers forward?

I completely agree that winning is what matters. I would be the first to argue with anyone who says our achievement is devalued because Brady wasn't in. I was arguing against that very point in December for the Buffalo vs Pats thread.

That doesn't mean there won't be a whole lot of "buts" come time when we finally make the playoffs. Trust me I don't believe in it either, but it will surely happen. Our own fans said it at the end of the season last year. The NFL Media will be all over it. It will be THE story next year.

So sue me if I would rather bypass that and hit the patriots hard in the draft. That's just my opinion.

No problem, this wasn't necessarily directed just at you. There has been a lot of that sentiment on here. The point being I'd rather win with a whole lot of "ifs" and "buts" than not win at all. If someone wants to question the validity of the Bills playoff berth and the Bills are in the playoffs, I am all for it.

He is likely to get a heavier suspension for refusing to comply with the investigation which the NFL considers "conduct detrimental the NFL" than for his role in the deflation process, but probably only because he has incriminating evidence he refused to turn over.

That being said i think 6-8 games is likely with 4-6 being for not complying with the investigation.

I think the fumbling issue is a combination of about 6-8 factors. I'm not convinced at all it has anything to do with deflating balls. It's possible but I won't take that leap. I also don't think at all these guys have been doing this every game for eight years.

Kelly - you may indeed be right that there may be more than one factor that is causal for the Patriots fumbling rate. But the statistics are clearly showing that the Patriots, since 2006, became major outliers compared to the other 31 teams for fumbling. The results clearly show that is very very unlikely that mere chance is involved with the differences. The fact that

the change happened the exact year that the handling of footballs changed is a possible explanation for the change. Given that we now know brady has tampered with balls and that it was he himself who requested the new rule change, it is extremely suspicious that the fumbling rate changed at exactly that very moment. One way to find out would be to interview the ball handler(s) for those years to see if the deflating below 12.5 actually did start with Week 1, 2007. BTW, McNally will probably be writing a book. Maybe interesting reading?

That is how offseason suspensions work

43% reduction without even doing it weekly... You must think the difference between the two levels is HUGE

It is huge - the statistics show that.

yeah, but what is the actual impact of a GM being suspended for 4 games?

Lying to the NFL and refusing to comply with an investigation is a serious offense...much more so than the deflation of footballs, especially when the evidence they already had was enough to say with a greater than 50% certainty he was involved. He obviously is hiding something that would be serious...perhaps showing involvement of Belichick and/or Kraft...

Edited by matter2003

Lying to the NFL and refusing to comply with an investigation is a serious offense...much more so than the deflation of footballs.

The cynical person says losing Brady loses the league money, while losing Farmer loses the league nothing.

Lying to the NFL and refusing to comply with an investigation is a serious offense...much more so than the deflation of footballs, especially when the evidence they already had was enough to say with a greater than 50% certainty he was involved. He obviously is hiding something that would be serious...perhaps showing involvement of Belichick and/or Kraft...

I'm not saying what he did wasn't serious. Give him the chair. I just don't see what Ray Farmer's punishment really has to do with any of this, it's apples and potatoes.

The cynical person says losing Brady loses the league money, while losing Farmer loses the league nothing.

But long term the league could lose much more by not throwing the book at him.

Any time a player doesn't feel like complying with an investigation they could refuse and point to Brady getting a slap on the wrist.

If it was a black player and they got a lengthy suspension for not complying, they could claim discrimination because they aren't white. Or that because they aren't Tom Brady, they are getting a much longer suspension than they should. The NFLPA would have a field day in the future against the NFL in similar instances if they don't throw the book at Brady.

And word around the league is that Goodell is fuming about Brady thinking he is above reproach...

Edited by matter2003

But long term the league could lose much more by not throwing the book at him.

Any time a player doesn't feel like complying with an investigation they could refuse and point to Brady getting a slap on the wrist.

If it was a black player and they got a lengthy suspension for not complying, they could claim discrimination because they aren't white. Or that because they aren't Tom Brady, they are getting a much longer suspension than they should. The NFLPA would have a field day in the future against the NFL in similar instances if they don't throw the book at Brady.

And word around the league is that Goodell is fuming about Brady thinking he is above reproach...

That's probably what they are debating. They probably don't give a damn about "the integrity of the game" or the results really... its all about the bottom line.

You have no idea what's in his phone. There are very good reasons why someone wouldn't hand over his phone regardless of whether it implicated him in the immediate investigation.

He only has to give up info regarding the matter nothing else

So if he has stuff incriminating he wouldn't hand it over

If he doesn't he would hand it over

No but home games in the rain or snow especially big games or playoff games--you bet they would. That forecast for the Colts game is likely why they did it.

This was not the first or only time. There is too much from spygate (worse then we know IMO) to allegations of headset tampering to this.

Their home record in the era of parity, constant roster turnover, constant coaching changes, and Matt Cassels only really good year is enough for me to believe something was going on there and the league knew.....this was a freaking sting. Why? Why embarrass the league's poster boy like that? You have to really tick off the league and other teams for that to happen.

Institutionalized cheating.

Cassel's good year for the chiefs was very good (27 tds / 7 ints), and better than his year with the Pats.

I agree. The act of what he did was cheating. I don't think it had anything to do with winning games. But that is just because he is great with or without cheating. He wouldn't have done it though if he didn't think himself it gave him a slight advantage. It's not like he didn't understand the rules. If he cooperated I'm not sure he should even be suspended. It's such a small thing. But the fact he basically spit in the face of the investigation is not a small thing. The integrity of the league is not a small thing. The fact this was a championship game is not a small thing. 8 game suspension is a serious penalty to him and his team. 4 games seems about right.

What, to me, is not right would be to suspend him for eight games and then reduce it to four. There is no basis for appeal. That would reek of some kind of nefarious desired outcome for how it looks rather than a legitimate punishment for a violation.

Agreed. At the end of the day, I'm a huge baseball fan, and this doesn't seem any different to me than a corked bat or Pineda's use of pine tar last year (although I believe pitchers should be able to use pine tar in cold weather -- hitters can, and it makes for a better game). I also don't think it's really any different than stickum, and we laugh about that. Edited by dave mcbride

He only has to give up info regarding the matter nothing else

So if he has stuff incriminating he wouldn't hand it over

If he doesn't he would hand it over

This^

People keep mistakenly saying he needed to turn over his phone. He didn't. All he needed to do was turn over texts and communications relating to this matter and with certain folks (the two schlubs, for ex.). He and his lawyers could do the searching and turn it over. If he's worried about his lawyers seeing it, he could simply allow one senior partner there access to his phone to do the searching. If there is a leak of non-related info he would know pretty clearly who's responsible and that lawyer would face disbarment, a major civil suit and probably never work again. Pretty simple really.

Personally, I suspect there was lots on that phone relating both to this matter and quite possibly other cheating. Remember, for ex, that his "best friend", a trainer with a degree from some Eastern medicine school in LA's correspondence school you've never heard of, supposedly keeps him in better shape than modern medicine can as per the recent NYT profile of him. Perhaps his "regimen" details are in that phone. Remember, too, that in the Anthony Galea (a doctor convicted of administering HGH and steroids to pro athletes) trial the good doctor visited Boston twice in August the year after Brady suffered his knee injury and administered treatment on Aug 10 and Aug 28 or so to an unnamed Boston athlete. I don't believe that athlete was ever identified.

All solely for potential examples' sake, and not saying anyone knows for sure that Brady or other Pats* cheated in other ways, but who knows what's on that phone? We just know that Brady wanted absolutely no one to see it.

Edited by MattM

It very well could be. But a 43% reduction is still pretty HUGE in its own right.

Let's see, what are Brady's* grounds for appeal? (and yes, Brady* now gets the permanent asterisk on this board)

-- no proof he was involved? Won't win there; it's a preponderance of the evidence standard and the circumstantial proof is overwhelming that he knew/directed what was going on.

-- unfair punishment? Look at penalties handed out for Bountygate, where there was less circumstantial proof.

-- no due process/opportunity to clear his name? Refused to cooperate beyond one interview, and made public statements completely contradictory to what other evidence shows.

-- one of the most damning things for Brady* is the fact he specifically lobbied the NFL to change the rules regarding pressure of balls for road teams, but then, after this scandal broke, claimed to have no idea what the pressurization standard was.

Brady* is screwed.

I'm sort of surprised about those who are indifferent about the offense itself. How many games come down to one play in the NFL.

If an under inflated ball leads to a few more accurate passes and a few fewer fumbles, which it absolutely should, then this act could have made the difference between an average season and a Super Bowl run. Now aggregate that over up to 7 seasons...

And obviously one could say it doesn't effect the game much, well then why take the risk of doing it at all?

I mean if you generally just don't care about the sport then I can see it, but as the fan of a team that has been owed by the cheaters including several very close losses it's clearly irritating.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'm more interested in any organization suspensions for the pats. I.elossof draft picks, BB suspended for "lack of institutional control", monetary damages, Kraft being suspended. It's a foregone conclusion that Brady is done for at least a couple games... I want to know about the top of the Patriots food pyramid.

What if Brady refused to turn over his phone because it would have implicated Belichick and/or Kraft?

and that's what interests me the most. Yes, Brady is the best QB in today's game, so his loss will sting... But, that entire organization has been running a sham for over 15 years now. If the league comes down on the entire organization, and they are actually a middle of the road team when run on the up and up, Belichik's and Kraft's legacies will forever be tarnished. Think Lance Armstrong, or the 1919 Black Sox, or the Steroids Era sluggers.

In the context of "sport", I can deal with the Ray Rices, OJ Simpsons, and Gregg Williams of the word. Rotten human beings, but for the pure sports aspect, I could care less. I cannot stand when the sport is compromised, which is why I can't stand guys like Pete Rose, that NBA ref guy, and the Patriots organization.

thats the best crow you can eat...you and all the other pats bills fans on tbd that love to defend brady the fem and kiss the ring and s@#k the c5ck of the most dishonest coach in the history of organized sports ( you know who you are), will appreciate lame patriots getting caught cheating yet again. I hope you all stop making whining about excuses seem reasonable. Please go to their board if you are defending them . it is sickening to make them seem good, except at cheating and being weak. Their lame owner that poisons my food with toxins like bht and.is as dishonorable of a man in business as he is a weak and lame cheat who couldnt win a fair fight with girl in a hospital bed dying of kidney failure from his lies.......

.....hopefully you will all pick a side during the season by making this scum dread it everytime he sets foot inside of the city limits so the players never mention cheating (they expect the fans to have the teams' back on such petty but important matters and will let rex take the high road) and pelt bellicheat and kraft the pedophile with tapes and cds and let him know that we are watching him and we have one of his whistleblowers , the overated but good at foolowing directions cassel, and we will make his cheating asz look as bad as the teams who have figured out his rings are only from smoke and mirrors like the rest of this lame rigged world (like kc last year).. go pegula, go bills, and all those who dont encourage miltant acts to compensate for years of fake wins and stealing our signals by videotape at halftime arent fans of the buffalo bills and the city of Buffalo..

:huh:

What if Brady refused to turn over his phone because it would have implicated Belichick and/or Kraft?

Either on this scandal or perhaps other currently unknown ones. I also wonder if the request was phrased broadly enough to cover "any and all violations of NFL rules" or some variant. If so, that might go a long way towards explaining why he didn't agree to turn over his records--it may have opened even bigger cans of worms for him and his team*.

Hey, anyone seen WEO lately? Do we need a post topic on that? Funny how our resident Pats* and Brady* fan hasn't seemed to wade into any of this.

Is there an asterisk on Carolina's Stanley Cup since they beat a Sabres team with an AHL defense thanks to injury?

Don't forget a redhot Timmy Connolly was lost to a cheapshot to the head in the Ottawa series.

I just don't see how his lying and not cooperating deserves less than Anthony Hargrove for Bountygate. Hargrove apparently didn't have any involvement in that other than knowing about it, lying to the NFL, and not cooperating with the investigation. He got a year long suspension, I believe. Why should Brady, as a player on a team that is a repeat offender, not get the same or worse? It should one year

Because Brady is much more valuable to the league and league revenue that Hargrove. Also, they need to walk a fine line between appearing to be tough on cheaters but not making the deflating appear to be such a serious violation that it decided the outcome of games. They aren't vacating the win over Indy or the Super Bowl after all. I expect 4 games.

Edited by vincec

Pretty much no chance of that. Ray Farmer was suspended 4 games for inconsequential texts. So Brady only gets 2?

http://www.wgr550.com/REPORT-Brady-to-be-suspended-next-week/21489432

Great point! IMO, Brady should be suspended at least for eight games: four for trying to gain an illegal advantage with deflated balls and four for no cooperating with investigators.

The Pats have an early bye this year (Week 4). And except for that Pittsburgh game, no one’s really going to miss Brady when he plays the dregs of the AFC in Buffalo and against Jacksonville.

That quote from your link deserves the return of the fyou smiley