Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

When u think about it.....it's insane

He has nothing to lose and

Everything to gain

By giving up the phone ..........unless he did something

If he is innocent u hand that over right away to show u didn't do anything

I think that's why most people think he's going to get crushed when the suspension comes out.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea what's in his phone. There are very good reasons why someone wouldn't hand over his phone regardless of whether it implicated him in the immediate investigation.

they didn't ask him to hand over the phone, they asked to go through it with him or his chosen representative there to verify they were only looking at information pertinent to the investigation.

When u think about it.....it's insane

He has nothing to lose and

Everything to gain

By giving up the phone ..........unless he did something

If he is innocent u hand that over right away to show u didn't do anything

As much as I agree with all of this, I am really trying not to. Everybody has a right not to incriminate themselves. So I am trying really hard to not think poorly of this.

I thought everybody had some sort of league issued phone so I'm not sure why they didn't take it.

As much as I agree with all of this, I am really trying not to. Everybody has a right not to incriminate themselves. So I am trying really hard to not think poorly of this.

I thought everybody had some sort of league issued phone so I'm not sure why they didn't take it.

I believe the staff are issued team phones. The players have personal phone.

It matters when you are 3-21 against them and they have 11/12 division championships. Your team is about to turn it over and finally compete, and the NFL handicaps the pats. I don't know, it feels wrong, and I have no doubt that will be the talk of the NFL rather than what it should be - The Bills finally bring down the Patriots and take the AFC East back.

So if you go 9-7 and 0-2 against Brady is that better than 10-6 and 1-1 against Brady? Do we get a trophy for beating them with Brady vs. without? You don't apologize for victories. As I said earlier teams play against injured and suspended opponents all of the time. At the end of the day all that matters is if you won or lost. If the Bills played all 16 games against back up QBs I would be thrilled.

I agree. It would be sweet to humble brady but a division win is a division Win. How many Sub par bills quarterbacks have they beaten?

Exactly!! It doesn't matter who you beat; it matters that you did beat them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that Tommy really angered the league with this. He put them in a weird place. Even if they don't want Brady suspended the whole country is demanding it. They need to do it.

By the "whole country", do you mean talking heads on tv and radio sports shows and avid football fans who post on message boards? Or do you mean everyone, like the guys rioting in Baltimore?

So if you go 9-7 and 0-2 against Brady is that better than 10-6 and 1-1 against Brady? Do we get a trophy for beating them with Brady vs. without? You don't apologize for victories. As I said earlier teams play against injured and suspended opponents all of the time. At the end of the day all that matters is if you won or lost. If the Bills played all 16 games against back up QBs I would be thrilled.

Exactly!! It doesn't matter who you beat; it matters that you did beat them.

Is there an asterisk on Carolina's Stanley Cup since they beat a Sabres team with an AHL defense thanks to injury?

Supposedly Brady is being suspended according to the NY Daily News! Looks like they are tying to decide on the length.

Personally, I think its a little wishy washy to suspend when the findings were "more than likely" or "probably knew", but love the Pats drama none the less. I still feel like the offense was minor in the first place, and a fine is more appropriate...but I would assume the suspension is not going to be about the actual air pressure in the footballs, but more about Tom not being truthful about what or who he knows.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-roger-goodell-suspend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

Its not wishy washy at all, "More probable than not" is the standard term the NFL uses with regard to the standard of proof required in their findings to determine guilt. It is the same as "the preponderance of the evidence" required for finding guilt in a civil trial. Same thing, different terminology. All this is noted in the end of the report.

By the "whole country", do you mean talking heads on tv and radio sports shows and avid football fans who post on message boards? Or do you mean everyone, like the guys rioting in Baltimore?

I mean virtually every other fanbase. I live in an NFC market and these people CARE about the punishment.

Is there an asterisk on Carolina's Stanley Cup since they beat a Sabres team with an AHL defense thanks to injury?

Thats the point. Some people here care more about proving themselves than adding a victory. I don't care if the Bills beat a team of 8th graders. A win is a win. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The preponderance of circumstantial evidence is more than sufficient. Aaron Hernandez is in jail for life on circumstantial evidence. The texts alone are just damning. He participated in a conspiracy and quid pro quo to cheat. Brady pressured two subservient employees to help him cheat. He lied and hindered the investigation and He deserves 6 games on the bench as a repeat offender.He is forever tarnished as a liar and a cheat,

The fact he refused to comply with an investigation by his employer into wrongdoing is enough to be suspended, regardless of if he was found guilty or not. This is not a criminal trial, each employer can dictate what must be complied with to avoid penalties when an investigation is going on. He knows damn well they would have found much more damning evidence on his phone and that is why he didn't provide it to investigators. In fact I think he should get suspended for 4-6 games for refusing to comply with an NFL investigation and an additional 2 games for his role in all of this. 6-8 games total.

Its a dangerous precedence the NFL would set if they allow employees to simply refuse to comply with investigations and give slaps on the wrist for it...they need to send a stern message to players, coaches, GM's and owners that this will not be tolerated and there will be severe penalties for not doing what they request. Noone is above the law, not even the biggest star in the NFL.

"In the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules, the league notes that 'Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline.'"

Edited by matter2003

With Giselle retiring he may retire if 6-8 games like some reports say. Wouldn't that take the NFL by storm

I also say shame on the NFL for allowing this to be a possibility. Balls should be under Refs care when they are tested until they are used

I mean virtually every other fanbase. I live in an NFC market and these people CARE about the punishment.

Thats the point. Some people here care more about proving themselves than adding a victory. I don't care if the Bills beat a team of 8th graders. A win is a win.

I think some people just want an excuse to devalue any achievement by a Buffalo team.

You and me both. The ROC is full of apologists for that cheating franchise.

One person I work with wore a Pats** hat everyday. The day that report came out was the first time he didn't wear it. Lucky for him, I actually respect him as a Pats** fan since he has been one since the early 80's.

You and me both. The ROC is full of apologists for that cheating franchise.

I have cousins out here that I have childhood photos of wearing Bills stuff. Many of them are Pats* fans now. It has ruined family reunions.

My neighbors are Pats* fans, but they moved here from southern NH a decade ago, and they're actually kinda cool, so whatever.

Edited by sodbuster

I have cousins out here that I have childhood photos of wearing Bills stuff. Many of them are Pats* fans now. It has ruined family reunions.

My neighbors are Pats* fans, but they moved here from southern NH a decade ago, and they're actually kinda cool, so whatever.

It's easy to tell the long time can from the bandwagon crew. Once the Bills start winning the people you mentioned will likely turn around to become Bills fans once again but it's hard to respect those kind of folks. It looks like your family reunions are going to be bumpy for the long term!

On the John Murphy show tonight, John seems to think that Brady will only get a two game suspension; One for the deflated footballs and the other for not cooperating in the investigation. IMO, a two game suspension would be very light and a slap in the face to the rest of the NFL.

On the John Murphy show tonight, John seems to think that Brady will only get a two game suspension; One for the deflated footballs and the other for not cooperating in the investigation. IMO, a two game suspension would be very light and a slap in the face to the rest of the NFL.

Anything less than 8 games is a slap on the wrist. Gostkowski refuseed to cooperate, too, so should also get at least a couple of games off.

I don't want any suspensions for Brady. I want no excuses for the Cheats when we beat them. I don't want to hear any yea buts when we take the division and last I want no fuel for Brady.

Maybe you haven't been around the last 12 years of beatings....you don't want Brady in vs the Bills....ever.

I think some people just want an excuse to devalue any achievement by a Buffalo team.

You might be right. It is that weird, defeatist Buffalo attitude.

That's part of the reason that I love this new Buffalo. There is no feeling sorry for yourself. The place is full of doers and not martyrs.

A lot of local media outlets (in every market except NE) are saying it's likely only going to be 2-4 games. I think that's just a way of preparing us for the most lenient punishment to be expected.

Personally I don't think he gets a full year suspension, but how much credibility does Roger Goodell gain back from the public if he does? Obviously he works for the owners but I wonder how much his public image matters to him.

Hey !

It really is. I can't go a monday without hearing about the Pats** during football season. At one point I made myself pretty involved with their roster. Most people don't know more than 10 players on the team they support.

Edited by The Wiz

i have always always been all about burning those witches.

We could drown them but they would float as they are made of wood.

so burn them.

apologist my arse.

all my work Buddies, Cowboy to Steelers fans dislike the Pats too. cheating wooden witches.

i think you hit it.. he is such an egomaniac that it will cost him.had he just been forthright, cooperative, as many have said, i think the punishment would be less harsh .. but given the fact that the organization has caused the league some cred problems, and now brady being essentially a richard about it all.. you got to come down.

Bingo!

Supposedly Brady is being suspended according to the NY Daily News! Looks like they are tying to decide on the length.

Personally, I think its a little wishy washy to suspend when the findings were "more than likely" or "probably knew", but love the Pats drama none the less. I still feel like the offense was minor in the first place, and a fine is more appropriate...but I would assume the suspension is not going to be about the actual air pressure in the footballs, but more about Tom not being truthful about what or who he knows.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-roger-goodell-suspend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

If you stood Tommy in a corner for 10 minutes, he would go batshit insane...........

If you stood Tommy in a corner for 10 minutes, he would go batshit insane...........

I play 'pitch, and catch' with a couple of guys at work. (I'm good for throwing a 25 yard spiral at 61 years of age) :-)

I keep the ball underinflated nowadays, because it's easier to throw, and *catch*. I have a permanent injury to my right *middle finger* because a well placed, properly inflated ball crashed down on the very top of that finger back in 2004. (The finger is bent, forward, which may be an advantage in certain situations)

An underinflated ball would likely have meant that the ball harmlessly bounced off of *that* finger.

Brady is lying through his teeth.

Period.

*SUSPEND*

NOW.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

I think it should be 4. I could see 8 though.

I agree. The act of what he did was cheating. I don't think it had anything to do with winning games. But that is just because he is great with or without cheating. He wouldn't have done it though if he didn't think himself it gave him a slight advantage. It's not like he didn't understand the rules. If he cooperated I'm not sure he should even be suspended. It's such a small thing. But the fact he basically spit in the face of the investigation is not a small thing. The integrity of the league is not a small thing. The fact this was a championship game is not a small thing. 8 game suspension is a serious penalty to him and his team. 4 games seems about right.

What, to me, is not right would be to suspend him for eight games and then reduce it to four. There is no basis for appeal. That would reek of some kind of nefarious desired outcome for how it looks rather than a legitimate punishment for a violation.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I agree. The act of what he did was cheating. I don't think it had anything to do with winning games. But that is just because he is great with or without cheating. He wouldn't have done it though if he didn't think himself it gave him a slight advantage. It's not like he didn't understand the rules. If he cooperated I'm not sure he should even be suspended. It's such a small thing. But the fact he basically spit in the face of the investigation is not a small thing. The integrity of the league is not a small thing. The fact this was a championship game is not a small thing. 8 game suspension is a serious penalty to him and his team. 4 games seems about right.

What, to me, is not right would be to suspend him for eight games and then reduce it to four. There is no basis for appeal. That would reek of some kind of nefarious desired outcome for how it looks rather than a legitimate punishment for a violation.

Given their rate of fumbling was almost cut in half since 2007, I'd say it had to have had an effect.

Given their rate of fumbling was almost cut in half since 2007, I'd say it had to have had an effect.

I think the fumbling issue is a combination of about 6-8 factors. I'm not convinced at all it has anything to do with deflating balls. It's possible but I won't take that leap. I also don't think at all these guys have been doing this every game for eight years.

thats the best crow you can eat...you and all the other pats bills fans on tbd that love to defend brady the fem and kiss the ring and s@#k the c5ck of the most dishonest coach in the history of organized sports ( you know who you are), will appreciate lame patriots getting caught cheating yet again. I hope you all stop making whining about excuses seem reasonable. Please go to their board if you are defending them . it is sickening to make them seem good, except at cheating and being weak. Their lame owner that poisons my food with toxins like bht and.is as dishonorable of a man in business as he is a weak and lame cheat who couldnt win a fair fight with girl in a hospital bed dying of kidney failure from his lies.......

.....hopefully you will all pick a side during the season by making this scum dread it everytime he sets foot inside of the city limits so the players never mention cheating (they expect the fans to have the teams' back on such petty but important matters and will let rex take the high road) and pelt bellicheat and kraft the pedophile with tapes and cds and let him know that we are watching him and we have one of his whistleblowers , the overated but good at foolowing directions cassel, and we will make his cheating asz look as bad as the teams who have figured out his rings are only from smoke and mirrors like the rest of this lame rigged world (like kc last year).. go pegula, go bills, and all those who dont encourage miltant acts to compensate for years of fake wins and stealing our signals by videotape at halftime arent fans of the buffalo bills and the city of Buffalo..

Edited by K8prisoner

I was originally thinking he'd be suspended for 2 games at most and probably only 1 so as not to affect a divisional game. But after hearing all the clamoring for punishment I'm thinking he gets 8 and it's reduced to 6 upon repeal. I would be happy with that.