RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

But it makes sense in the NFL..never enough CBs

Doesn't mean they needed to use their first pick on one especially one who was clearly drafted WAY too early

Uh oh....hasn't been a board revolt over a pick like this since Maybin. What'd you guys think, Rex wasn't coming out of the gate with a pick for the D?

Let's just see how it shakes out.

I thnk the OL will be better and I think the team might have the same belief. I recall one OL after the season saying that there were too many coached, including the buffoon, giving too many competing directions with no common message. Yes it sucked but was it purely talent or coaching?

Couple of points. We are truly stacked only at the WR and RB positions. Any other position was fair game. Secondly, Ryan's scheme depends a lot on DBs so we should have seen this coming. I cannot speak to how good or bad Darby is, but this I believe is the logic which led to picking this position. IMHO, Rd 3 will be a QB or OL.

Uh oh....hasn't been a board revolt over a pick like this since Maybin. What'd you guys think, Rex wasn't coming out of the gate with a pick for the D?

Let's just see how it shakes out.

I had hoped it wouldn't be like this. Rex is a good defensive coach, but is it hard when 90% of your defense are high picks?

WTF----this pick sucks. The rest of the AFCE are drafting big nasty football players. DB's can be found in the later rounds. I was worried that they would waste a valuable 2nd Rd pick on Petty, know I wished did did. Fisher out of Oregon should have been the pick.

@viccarucci: Whaley said gap between Darby and other players on the board was big enough that there wasn't a debate.

Maybe the board is upside down?

How is this little DB the "BPA"?

There were so many other players we could have grabbed here. Honestly, I can't see this being a good pick for us. Was this the first pick for us that wasn't a pre draft visit (with our first draft pick of the year) since 2002?

Sigh. Just before the pick was announced I said to my son "as long as it's not a db..."

This move make it look like mckelvin could get cut. Harvin will return kicks and cornerback replacement just got drafted. Would save some cash for the big dareus and Gilmore contracts. Not sure this was best player available but on Whaley we trust.

WTF----this pick sucks. The rest of the AFCE are drafting big nasty football players. DB's can be found in the later rounds. I was worried that they would waste a valuable 2nd Rd pick on Petty, know I wished did did. Fisher out of Oregon should have been the pick.

So funny, i was on the same boat. Please no Petty, now I wish they picked him over Darby.

Edited by Mopreme