RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

I have no idea whether this guy is any good or not. I suspect almost no one else here does either. We don't know how much McKelvin's broken leg affected this pick or whether he's lost a step as a consequence. I'm reserving judgment. I do know you need corners though.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, nobody went into this draft thinking we needed a CB. The CB we took isn't all-world by anyone's book except Whaley...and there was (allegedly) OL talent to be had.

Very strange.

The plus: fast and makes plays when Reciever is in front of him, has make up speed.

The other side, no ball skills

Calling him mckelvin is a nice gesture, but he's more like brooks

There's a reason you haven't heard of this guy and that he doesn't have a great highlight reel. Teams do not throw in his direction. To me, that's a great sign for a CB. Let's give him a chance, could be a shut down level guy that went under the radar.

So we'll just continue the trend and let Gilmore walk too? If we like the DBs, pay them when they are good. Same old stuff over and over.

I didn't say that but it's a reality that we may not be the team to PAY him, and between 2 corners over 30, and his situation it's not totally insane to see a possible rotation in cast coming soon at cb.

You can't pay everyone though and if we go with paying the line and cycling young dbs behind our pass rush that's not crazy

Edited by NoSaint

This hints at my biggest problem with Ryan. He stakes his reputation on the defense ("we will have the best defense, period"), and the offense get neglected.

I was expecting Whaley to counteract that in the draft, but it doesn't look like he will.

The defense was already superb, the offense had all kinds of problems. Still does.

Yep. We spent 100 million dollars on McCoy (giving away defense), Clay, Felton, Harvin, Cassel, Taylor, and Incognito, and signed no one outside of our own guy on defense, and the offense got neglected. :wallbash: