RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible pick, third rounder at best...way better players still on the board

Absolutely hate how this team continues to use high picks on DBs

Yep, really sucks having the #3 pass defense in the league. And he was listed as a 3rd rounder by no one. In fact, the only post 1st round mock I saw today had him going first today. I know this board hates CBs, but this board also rants about how it's a pass-driven league, and presumes that means you need to have a pass-centric offense...no, in fact, a counterpunch, as the Bills are pushing out, may be the best way to go; however, it does mean you want to have plenty of cornerbacks.

How many people here who are complaining about taking CBs with high picks also complained about Justin Rogers starting when our top 3 CBs went down. THAT is why it is good to have a ton of them.

Doesn't have good hands according to this video. But you have to respect Ryan and Whaley's evaulation.

He was rated 1st round talent by Bucky Brooks. He can hit and has great speed.

I think this spells the end for McKelvin after this year.

I think the 3rd pick will be a bit more mainstream. QB or OL

Edited by dezertbill

Ha ha, this place is so funny. Everyone loves Leroi when he shares info and then 85% of people hate him when he expresses his opinion. We need to appreciate Leroi people!!

Dude seems to have a good source coupled with crazy opinions- I just want to know which is which so I can appreciate the valuable!

Standard height means little to me - you gotta factor in the arms and leaping ability. It's why the 6'10" Olajuwon played like he was 7'1".

Tread lightly my man. If you are telling me that this guy could be an Olajuwon of cbs. I'm on board lol

Yep, really sucks having the #3 pass defense in the league. And he was listed as a 3rd rounder by no one. In fact, the only post 1st round mock I saw today had him going first today. I know this board hates CBs, but this board also rants about how it's a pass-driven league, and presumes that means you need to have a pass-centric offense...no, in fact, a counterpunch, as the Bills are pushing out, may be the best way to go; however, it does mean you want to have plenty of cornerbacks.

How many people here who are complaining about taking CBs with high picks also complained about Justin Rogers starting when our top 3 CBs went down. THAT is why it is good to have a ton of them.

Thank you!

Not a sexy pick, but the aggravating truth is that you have to draft a DB somewhere in the first three rounds with regularity. The massive consequences of getting burned by NFL receivers means that you can't afford to skimp on talent there.

I will choke this pick down and like it.