RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR: During Florida States national championship run in 2013, #Bills second round pick CB Ronald Darby allowed just nine completions and no TDs.

Paired with being a good tackler according to pff -- let's not act like this guys a total bum. Unexpected but to rally against him seems silly. Especially since I'd bet most of us have seen very little of him.

ESPN on Darby:

• What he brings: He's something of a risk due to some off-field issues and his questionable awareness in zone coverage and habit for guessing too much in man coverage. But he has the fluidity and top-end speed to turn and run with the fastest receivers -- his movement skills remind us of Janoris Jenkins.

• How he fits: Darby has one of best pure cover skills in this year's cornerback class and is a strong fit within Dennis Thurman's press-man scheme. Darby has the mirror skills to hold up on an island, which is exactly what Rex Ryan wants in order to execute the heavy amount of blitz packages he traditionally dials up.

If we were gonna take a smaller DB I would have taken senquez Golson from ole miss. He can track the ball well

From what I see online he's 2 inches shorter and 15 pounds lighter than Darby, so I'm not sure how comparable they are.

I honestly think that this is one of those situations where no one on the board knows anything about the player (myself included). My suggestion is not to pontificate unless you have a remotely educated opinion.

But that would eliminate the funniest posts!

i did. Wanted OL but cb was the next biggest need imo

I thought dl would be the pick and get a similar reaction. Frankly we have a very good defense but to maintain that we have to cycle in young guys constantly and be ready for some of those middle class guys to be let walk. It's simply building a team in free agency.

If you hit on them, you look great. If you miss....

I honestly think that this is one of those situations where no one on the board knows anything about the player (myself included). My suggestion is not to pontificate unless you have a remotely educated opinion.

well, apparently, Mayock had him at 75 so its a terrible pick..