RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mayock had him rated lower? Why do teams even employ scouts when they could just go by Mayok's ratings?

Ourlad's (run by some former NFL scouts) had Darby rated 47th in the draft. There ARE other opinions.

The hell you say!

There wasn't a QB, OL, or TE who had a better grade than Darby. I live in FL and have watched him. He's ok, but not a stud.

disappointing, but I'll give Rex and Doug some rope.

If the third round pick isnt the guard from Louisville that rope better be to hang themselves.

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 32m32 minutes ago

Several scouts that I trust believed @buffalobills new CB Ron Darby is the "real deal". World-class athlete. Crazy upside at CB2 or NDB

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 8m8 minutes ago

According to Darby's bio handed out by the #Bills, he was targeted once every 10.1 snaps -- the fewest of any cornerback in the draft.

Soooo many sacks coming Buffalo's way. Two Island CB's. I like it

Our scouts and last couple drafts have been good. I expected/wanted Maxx Williams, but I have no reason not to trust us...

I am fine with BPA and honestly you can't have enough DBs

That's where I am. Not celebrating but I'm ok

If we were gonna take a smaller DB I would have taken senquez Golson from ole miss. He can track the ball well

He's 7 lbs. heavier than the first corner taken in the draft and only an inch shorter, but has longer arms.

His athleticism can't be ignored, either. Highest vertical at 41.5", 4.38 40, 10' 7" broad jump and an impressive 15 reps in the bench. Given this staff's previous affection for press corners that can run, I'm not surprised at all.

GO BILLS!!!

Drafting is like buying a car. Ask 32 people what kind of car they want and for what purposes and with what amenities/qualities and you'll have different rankings. Darby seems to be ranked right around where he was picked so it's not a talent question as much as need, and I still would argue that CB is always a need when you have McKelvin and Graham.

He's 7 lbs. heavier than the first corner taken in the draft and only an inch shorter, but has longer arms.

His athleticism can't be ignored, either. Highest vertical at 41.5", 4.38 40, 10' 7" broad jump and an impressive 15 reps in the bench. Given this staff's previous affection for press corners that can run, I'm not surprised at all.

GO BILLS!!!

Standard height means little to me - you gotta factor in the arms and leaping ability. It's why the 6'10" Olajuwon played like he was 7'1". Edited by dave mcbride

Surprised by this pick.. don't see as a position of need. I'lll give Whaley the benefit of the doubt that the O line will be solidified somewhere else. Either internally or via a later pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6e2kRrXIw

I kinda like him after watching this. He didnt get many picks, but created tons of chances. Looks like a good tackler too.

Did leroi pick it? If so, kudos to him.

Yup. Couple days ago.

I agree with what you said, too. In a year or two I may love this guy, and he will probably be very good. And by the time the season starts I think between Pegula, Whaley, Rex, Roman and Kromer our OL will be better than it seems now. If they don't draft an OL in round 2-3 I expect them to acquire a veteran starter somewhere before the season. So it's not that bad. But I thought we could have got a couple different things done here I would have liked more. it's just an opinion.