RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think that this is one of those situations where no one on the board knows anything about the player (myself included). My suggestion is not to pontificate unless you have a remotely educated opinion.

Suicide is NOT too early of an option; it saves repeating of your whining and bitching all year and if season ticket holder opens seat to someone who might cheer for the Bills.

from what I read...Darby. If you read Polians book or Ron Wolfs they talk of the need to take a corner with a first round pick every 4 to 5 years. This is BEFORE it become such a pass happy league- the importance would have to be even higher now. Sucks when you have no corner back depth and someone gets hurt or they play a team who goes 4 and 5 wide. Its a CYA pick and a damn good one

That was my initial feeling as well. I expected a CB at either 50 or 81, but have mixed fellings about a guy whose toughness is a question mark.

His teammate P.J. Williams sounds more like the player I'd guess Rex would like...

I don't put much stock in these comments as they came from an ACC coach who questioned his desire to come up in run support. From the few videos I've watched tonight, particularly the link to his Rose Bowl performance vs. Oregon, he looked to punish a few receivers with solid hits.

If the worst thing you can say about a press corner with his kind of athleticism is that he doesn't seem to like to come up in run support, then he's just fine. Run support from CBs is a nice to have, not a need to have.

GO BILLS!!!

I honestly think that this is one of those situations where no one on the board knows anything about the player (myself included). My suggestion is not to pontificate unless you have a remotely educated opinion.

I know what you are saying and of course, deep down, you are correct. But we might as well close down twobillsdrive then. The point is discussion based on what little we do know and the amount of trust we have in the front office. Plus who doesn't like to play GM?

Edited by timtebow15

Hey Bills fans.....I got caught up with putting kids to bed and balancing drunk neighbours in the garage....i missed the pic on espn online.....but definitely not what i I was expecting and not too popular pick with everyone so it seems. (disclaimer: im from east ontario and know jack about college players other than what I read on TBD) Thought ol or lb for sure....I hope doug picked a gem and the sentiment changes...but that aside I feel kinda meh. Bring on September and lets ride the off season wave as far as it will take us.

Go Bills!!

I don't put much stock in these comments as they came from an ACC coach who questioned his desire to come up in run support. From the few videos I've watched tonight, particularly the link to his Rose Bowl performance vs. Oregon, he looked to punish a few receivers with solid hits.

If the worst thing you can say about a press corner with his kind of athleticism is that he doesn't seem to like to come up in run support, then he's just fine. Run support from CBs is a nice to have, not a need to have.

GO BILLS!!!

We'll have to see, I guess. When it's mentioned in every single draft profile as a weakness, it's more than the opinion of one ACC assistant coach. If teams think they can run at him, then the scheme better cover him up...

We'll have to see, I guess. When it's mentioned in every single draft profile as a weakness, it's more than the opinion of one ACC assistant coach. If teams think they can run at him, then the scheme better cover him up...

You really don't devise running schemes to attack CBs. If we are giving up the edge enough to where our CB is routinely asked to make primary stops, we have bigger problems than a shy cornerback.

I'm also leery of draft profiles as comments are often picked up and regurgitated like a re-tweet, both good and bad. There is very little real scouting done at the talking-head, or print journalist level, if any.

When you get a chance, check out his game vs. Oregon video which was linked earlier.

And you're absolutely right, we'll have to see.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll say again - pff had him at 2 missed tackles. Pretty strong for a guy everyone would just run willy nilly over

This thread is hilarious.

Don't quit your day jobs, fellas.

Can you explain why ud say that BC? (disclaimer: your opinions always seem to have merit and good info) I know nothing about this pic....talk to me goose

You really don't devise running schemes to attack CBs. If we are giving up the edge enough to where our CB is routinely asked to make primary stops, we have bigger problems than a shy cornerback.

I'm also leery of draft profiles as comments are often picked up and regurgitated like a re-tweet, both good and bad. There is very little real scouting done at the talking-head, or print journalist level, if any.

When you get a chance, check out his game vs. Oregon video which was linked earlier.

And you're absolutely right, we'll have to see.

GO BILLS!!!

Can he play tackle or is he just a guard?!?

I'm leary of those reports as well. They're all over the place on Darby, with some like the NFL.com critical of his physical play and others like Nolan Narwocki (formerly of Pro Football Weekly) saying he's got "excellent striking ability and is quick to support the run."

Other tidbits:

41.5" vertical

1.5 second 10-yard split

4% body fat at the combine--lowest of any DB

I'll take your advice and just trust my eyes with the game video...

Edited by Lurker