RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

SDS

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whaley looks like he's a HS football player posing for his senior pictures

Always manages to look like he just walked out of Cheech and Chong's apartment, too.

GO BILLS!!!

On the topic of Darby's physical toughness, I see some people denying it, but I think there's some merit.

It's pretty clear he avoids hits when he doesn't have to, let's his teammates do the tackling, comes in from the side instead of squaring up. It's easy to see why some people would call him a b*tch when it comes to the run game. But you also need to understand that he's one of the smallest guys on the field at all times. He's doing what he can to avoid injuries. Would I like to see some more ballsy physical plays, yes, but overall I think he's good enough to be a strong player. The speed and quickness more than makes up for it. The hands....we'll see if it's just mental.

On the topic of Darby's physical toughness, I see some people denying it, but I think there's some merit.

It's pretty clear he avoids hits when he doesn't have to, let's his teammates do the tackling, comes in from the side instead of squaring up. It's easy to see why some people would call him a b*tch when it comes to the run game. But you also need to understand that he's one of the smallest guys on the field at all times. He's doing what he can to avoid injuries. Would I like to see some more ballsy physical plays, yes, but overall I think he's good enough to be a strong player. The speed and quickness more than makes up for it. The hands....we'll see if it's just mental.

reminds me so much of the brad Roby pick by denver last year. Tons of similarities.

whaley looks like he's a HS football player posing for his senior pictures

I think he's holding a football in every pic I've ever seen of him.

Notice the shirt not tucked in to cover his rather substantial backside. :ph34r:

I think he kinda looks like John Legend

Whaley:

ap426600481809.jpg?w=512

Legend:

John+Legend+Out+New+York+City+SkIcgs04dx

These two black men wearing shades look nothing alike....imo.

Rex Loves his corners and considering McKelvin and Graham are a bit older it makes sense he goes with a corner that is the best player available. They also went O-line round 3 which was a solid choice as it provides depth. I would love to see the Bills take a flyer on Collins later in the draft. They could get a first round talent with a late round pick, considering it's a position of need I wouldn't mind taking on the risk.

This whole draft sucks. There wasn't a ton of game changers to be had. I definitely didn't feel CB was a huge need but I'll trust Whaley & Rex in regards to defense.

Anyways, my friend is a giant FSU and Jets fan. He hates the Bills (we have almost gotten into a few fights because of this :) ). Anyways, this is his scouting report on Darby:

He's super fast... Gets lost sometimes... Lot of upside but did not live up to hype at FSU, and real bad in zone. Pains me to say Rex might make him real good tho...

Take it for what it is worth. Donnie Henderson might be the best d back coach in the NFL. This guy will get coached up.

Just something to keep in mind here

One of the big things that came out of this offseason is one of the failings of Rex Ryan's D (even though it was still statically very good) was that its corners were sub par......

When I heard that this offseason I realized that DB was a real possiblity

Other thoughts

I think Duke Johnson can play....but the fact is we did lose Searcy and this allows Graham to go to Safety where we WERE then......

To me Darby is like Thomas Smith.....a blanket cover corner who wont pick the ball

Just something to keep in mind here

One of the big things that came out of this offseason is one of the failings of Rex Ryan's D (even though it was still statically very good) was that its corners were sub par......

When I heard that this offseason I realized that DB was a real possiblity

Other thoughts

I think Duke Johnson can play....but the fact is we did lose Searcy and this allows Graham to go to Safety where we WERE then......

To me Darby is like Thomas Smith.....a blanket cover corner who wont pick the ball

Duke Williams? Pretty good comparison.

just played golf with a buddy who is an FSU alum and knows that program inside & out - said Darby is a heckuva player; great coverage skills, a hitter/very physical, and a CB in a safety's body. He said Darby is a great fit for Rex's defense and can see why the Bills selected him.

just played golf with a buddy who is an FSU alum and knows that program inside & out - said Darby is a heckuva player; great coverage skills, a hitter/very physical, and a CB in a safety's body. He said Darby is a great fit for Rex's defense and can see why the Bills selected him.

nice!