Predict the starting quarterback for week 1..

BillsFan130

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in Tn I wouldn't mind seeing Jake Locker being brought in for competition. He's a lot like Bradford with the injuries but when he's been healthy he can make all the throws. I'm not saying he's our savior but he's mobile and his accuracy doesn't seem to be an issue. Not to mention his deep throws are way better than what we are accustomed to. His coaching was never all that great either. Worth a shot in my opinion .

I just don't see EJ. I think marrone would have started EJ against new England if he believed he "has it"

Marrone would have started EJ against New England if he thought he was a better chance to win than Orton. That can be very different after getting a whole off season and preseason back as the #1 if he has shown signs of deserving it.

I personally wouldn't be surprised by Cutler, but with the GM/Coach turnover in Chicago that's hard to tell. Could be a Bledsoe #2 moment.

This would have been interesting as a poll. People are all over the board but you could probably make a case for just about everyone mentioned (sans Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton).

Or could you about Brady? New contract restructure means the team can dump him come spring much easier. It's even got NE fanboy Bill Simmons' panties in a bunch...

Edited by stony

Drew Brees. He has a $26.4 million cap hit in 2015 and a $27.4 million cap hit in 2016. He's due $19 million in cash in '15 and $20 million in cash in '16. He is 35 years old and while not falling off a cliff, his talent is declining, IMO.

I don't know that the Saints could ever be talked into it....but I think hey would at least have to listen if the Bills came knocking offering a boat load of draft picks. The Saints are a bit of a mess. They've mortgaged their future in an attempt to make a SB run in '14 or '15. Their cap situation next year is a nightmare and '16 is a worse nightmare. With Brees the Saints only won 6 games this year......and perhaps they could see an opportunity to start a rebuilding process and purge some high price players if they don't think the SB is realistic in the next season or 2 with Brees, expecially if they can snag several high picks from the Bills in the process.

The Bills would have to give up such a bounty to get Brees, I'm not even sure how I'd feel about it, but after so many years with such futility at the QB position I'd probably be on board, even knowing that Brees might only have 2 good years left in him.

I'm thinking a Bills offer of EJ Manuel, 2015's 2nd and 4th round picks and 2016's 1st and 3rd round picks might get the Saints to start entertaining the idea of such a trade. The Bills get their quality QB for 2 years, the Saints get a bounty of picks plus a QB who can compete for the vacant opening and rid themselves of an aging and declining talent. They also rid themselves of huge salary cap figures. Short term it's a bad move for the Saints, long term Micky Loomis looks like a genius.

Edited by Estro

Now that Orton has retired it is very uncertain who the bills starting qb will be. My prediction is a veteran qb. If I had to guess I would say Matt Moore. I Think the bills are done with EJ as a starter and I can't see them getting like a Bradford or a cutler or anyone like that. What do you guys think?

You should make a poll with all the QB possibilities.

Jay Cutler <_<

Drew Brees. He has a $26.4 million cap hit in 2015 and a $27.4 million cap hit in 2016. He's due $19 million in cash in '15 and $20 million in cash in '16. He is 35 years old and while not falling off a cliff, his talent is declining, IMO.

I don't know that the Saints could ever be talked into it....but I think hey would at least have to listen if the Bills came knocking offering a boat load of draft picks. The Saints are a bit of a mess. They've mortgaged their future in an attempt to make a SB run in '14 or '15. Their cap situation next year is a nightmare and '16 is a worse nightmare. With Brees the Saints only won 6 games this year......and perhaps they could see an opportunity to start a rebuilding process and purge some high price players if they don't think the SB is realistic in the next season or 2 with Brees, expecially if they can snag several high picks from the Bills in the process.

The Bills would have to give up such a bounty to get Brees, I'm not even sure how I'd feel about it, but after so many years with such futility at the QB position I'd probably be on board, even knowing that Brees might only have 2 good years left in him.

I'm thinking a Bills offer of EJ Manuel, 2015's 2nd and 4th round picks and 2016's 1st and 3rd round picks might get the Saints to start entertaining the idea of such a trade. The Bills get their quality QB for 2 years, the Saints get a bounty of picks plus a QB who can compete for the vacant opening and rid themselves of an aging and declining talent. They also rid themselves of huge salary cap figures. Short term it's a bad move for the Saints, long term Micky Loomis looks like a genius.

No thanks. Don't want that phony greed ball here. He padded his stats in his contract year and suckered the aints into paying him top dollar. Take away bounty gate and he has no ring. Aints made their bed let them lie it. Those creeps all deserve each other

Edited by JTSP

Now that Orton has retired it is very uncertain who the bills starting qb will be. My prediction is a veteran qb. If I had to guess I would say Matt Moore. I Think the bills are done with EJ as a starter and I can't see them getting like a Bradford or a cutler or anyone like that. What do you guys think?

Guaranteed prediction for the Bills come the 2015 season. No Manuel or Tuel on the Roster!!!

Hoyer. Seems like the right confluences of circumstances. He's a free agent and the Browns will let him walk. The Browns have to get him out of the way to put the pressure on Manziel to mature and be the unquestioned leader. The relationship with Pettine will allow the team to get some good intel on him. And of course, he's mediocre with limitations, about all you really can find in free agency at the QB position.

Kyle Orton.

"Hey Kyle, I know you want to spend time with your kids and all, but how about 7 mil for one more season guaranteed?

I'm sure we can find some ex-Jills who could use a paycheck babysitting your kids for the season."

If Manuel somehow magically becomes at least serviceable, Orton becomes the vet backup/mentor.

If Manuel continues to suck, Orton plays out the season while the Bills figure out what to do, plus at least they have a first round pick in 2016.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• 1 month later...

Kyle Orton.

"Hey Kyle, I know you want to spend time with your kids and all, but how about 7 mil for one more season guaranteed?

I'm sure we can find some ex-Jills who could use a paycheck babysitting your kids for the season."

If Manuel somehow magically becomes at least serviceable, Orton becomes the vet backup/mentor.

If Manuel continues to suck, Orton plays out the season while the Bills figure out what to do, plus at least they have a first round pick in 2016.

You saved me some typing.

EJ. Third year in this system. He'll be the most prepared/knowledgable putting him at a significant advantage to start. We have zero reason to question his work ethic and I'm guessing he knows he's fighting for his professional 'life' come training camp. With modest improvement from him.... and substantial upgrades on the O line, EJ willl be serviceable.

3rd year in what system? New coaches = new system.