Predict the starting quarterback for week 1..

BillsFan130

Now that Orton has retired it is very uncertain who the bills starting qb will be. My prediction is a veteran qb. If I had to guess I would say Matt Moore. I Think the bills are done with EJ as a starter and I can't see them getting like a Bradford or a cutler or anyone like that. What do you guys think?

Edited by billsfan11

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the Rams QB situation, wouldn't they keep him? They have no one else.

I don't know but they have a lot of money tied up in a guy that they clearly can't depend on. He's high risk wherever he ends up for sure. I think that they should keep him but there's a pretty decent chance that he is out there.

Unless there is some miraculous improvement in EJ's play, I really doubt it.

It's so early in the prediction game, what other guess makes more sense? Cutler? Glennon? Sanchez?

I don't think you need to project "miraculous" improvement to end up with EJ as a starter. Lots of young QBs get better. EJ's QB rating in his career so far (78.5 with 15 starts) is better than Drew Bree's QB rating in his first season as a starter (76.9 with 16 starts). Drew got better, why can't EJ?

And then there's the matter of competition. How many FA QBs out there are better than EJ? How many QBs in the draft this year could come in and start right away?

I'm not saying I'd be happy seeing EJ under center opening day, but I don't think KD's prediction is horribly unlikely. In fact, it's hard to think of a more likely scenario.

EJ. Third year in this system. He'll be the most prepared/knowledgable putting him at a significant advantage to start. We have zero reason to question his work ethic and I'm guessing he knows he's fighting for his professional 'life' come training camp. With modest improvement from him.... and substantial upgrades on the O line, EJ willl be serviceable.

EJ. Third year in this system. He'll be the most prepared/knowledgable putting him at a significant advantage to start. We have zero reason to question his work ethic and I'm guessing he knows he's fighting for his professional 'life' come training camp. With modest improvement from him.... and substantial upgrades on the O line, EJ willl be serviceable.

quit trying to make sense! It is like trying to explain science to a Fox News watcher.

It's so early in the prediction game, what other guess makes more sense? Cutler? Glennon? Sanchez?

I don't think you need to project "miraculous" improvement to end up with EJ as a starter. Lots of young QBs get better. EJ's QB rating in his career so far (78.5 with 15 starts) is better than Drew Bree's QB rating in his first season as a starter (76.9 with 16 starts). Drew got better, why can't EJ?

And then there's the matter of competition. How many FA QBs out there are better than EJ? How many QBs in the draft this year could come in and start right away?

I'm not saying I'd be happy seeing EJ under center opening day, but I don't think KD's prediction is horribly unlikely. In fact, it's hard to think of a more likely scenario.

Comparing EJ to Drew Brees is just absurd. EJ looked lost and overwhelmed . The game will never slow down for him.

I've been saying Bradford for months so I won't stop now. Not really sure why I feel that way but I do.

Bradford is under contract. I don't think the Rams cut him and have no QB next year as the two QBs on their roster didn't get it done. With that said if the Rams are not cutting him they will want a good return to trade for him. I would think that would be more than a second round pick since they will then be without a real starting QB.

Ryan Mallett

The only person right now who believes he is the starter is EJ - but I have no idea and neither do the Bills.

While I believe that to be true, I would say that Whaley, Marrone, Brandon, and Pegula all believe that the starter is EJ right now, because he is all they have right now. When someone becomes available, and they sign him, and he is a legitimate chance to challenge him, then and only then will that change.