Predict the starting quarterback for week 1..

BillsFan130

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which proves the point, anyone can get better or worse.

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting these from?

ESPN splits

That's really what I'm looking for... can a QB improve with accuracy? I still believe they can. Others say they cannot.

Again, this does not mean that I believe EJ will or wont improve. I'd just like to see us give him a chance to, considering all the other realistic options out there are pretty much developed (been in the league a while) and about the same as EJ in overall skill. So might as well develop/see what we have with our young guy. That is, unless someone like Brees drops into our laps.

ESPN splits

That's really what I'm looking for... can a QB improve with accuracy? I still believe they can. Others say they cannot.

Again, this does not mean that I believe EJ will or wont improve. I'd just like to see us give him a chance to, considering all the other realistic options out there are pretty much developed (been in the league a while) and about the same as EJ in overall skill. So might as well develop/see what we have with our young guy. That is, unless someone like Brees drops into our laps.

Much appreciated for letting me know, gonna have a look at most franchise/successful QBs.

I am under the same belief and hope that there's a chance they become the guy we need. I will be with whatever Quarterback/s we have under contract on our 53 man roster until they go somewhere else.

ESPN splits

The only problem is that there is no clear stat to look at. Some might be better than others, but did Joe Flacco REALLY get less accurate? Who knows?

Matt Ryan

Low (2nd) - 59/145 - 40.7%

High (5th) - 109/199 - 54.8%

Tony Romo

2nd* - 70/139 - 50.4%

10th - 70/133 - 52.6%

(I was surprised to see, statistically, Romo has been pretty excellent ever since coming into the league, him choking late in the season really does give him a bad name overall)

P. Rivers*

3rd* - 87/167 - 52.1%

11th - 96/196 - 49.0%

* - first year playing significant time

The only problem is that there is no clear stat to look at. Some might be better than others, but did Joe Flacco REALLY get less accurate? Who knows?

I used one of the suggested stats. I'm not sure what else you want from me. I have no clue if EJ will get better. I wanted to see if it was possible.

R. Tannehill

1st - 69/153 - 45.1% (76.1 QBRating)

3rd - 77/173 - 44.5% (92.8 QBRating)

Tannehill made +10% improvements in under 10 yard passes, and improved his TD/INT ratio, which brought his QB Rating up significantly

Edited by Dorkington

Matt Ryan

Low (2nd) - 59/145 - 40.7%

High (5th) - 109/199 - 54.8%

Tony Romo

2nd* - 70/139 - 50.4%

10th - 70/133 - 52.6%

(I was surprised to see, statistically, Romo has been pretty excellent ever since coming into the league, him choking late in the season really does give him a bad name overall)

P. Rivers*

3rd* - 87/167 - 52.1%

11th - 96/196 - 49.0%

* - first year playing significant time

I used one of the suggested stats. I'm not sure what else you want from me. I have no clue if EJ will get better. I wanted to see if it was possible.

R. Tannehill

1st - 69/153 - 45.1% (76.1 QBRating)

3rd - 77/173 - 44.5% (92.8 QBRating)

Tannehill made +10% improvements in under 10 yard passes, and improved his TD/INT ratio, which brought his QB Rating up significantly

The point was that while it is a better stat, it is still imperfect. Edited by FireChan

ESPN splits

Set feet, square shoulders, get on top of the ball, and no more short arming throws. There, improved.

Hoyer. Seems like the right confluences of circumstances. He's a free agent and the Browns will let him walk. The Browns have to get him out of the way to put the pressure on Manziel to mature and be the unquestioned leader. The relationship with Pettine will allow the team to get some good intel on him. And of course, he's mediocre with limitations, about all you really can find in free agency at the QB position.

Yep. Looks that way if McCown doesn't want the gig.

If I posted before oh well... The Bills will pick up Locker, then they will draft Grayson. That is the only move the Bills can pull off that gives them the best chance of finding a starting QB through competition. Hopefully Grayson wins and the Bills make the playoffs.

Grayson would be nice. Brett Hundley would be the second coming of EJ so again another year when QB is a need and little to no options... and no 1st rounder as well. (But I still like the trade.... this draft sucks !)

Once again the last New England game would have been extremely helpful for the entire organization to have EJ prepare for and play the entire game. (our goal is supposedly to win a championship, not waste valuable chances to develop and evaluate critical players in real game situations so we can get a meaningless win to make ourselves feel better for a few days)

If the Oline gets the proper personnel and coaching, and Roman is the real deal, I think EJ will win the job in camp.

Gotta let him use his legs to buy some time, and give him more audible leeway. The kid has won a bunch of NFL games with subpar coaching and Oline play, he's not done in the NFL.

Not sure where to find completion percentage to WRs... but ESPN's splits do have completion percentages for air travel... or at least thats how I read it.

Alex Smith's second year (low point) - 11+ yards - 53/131 - 40.5%

Alex Smith's eighth year (high point) - 11+ yards - 30/56 - 53.7%

Will take quite a bit of time for other QBs, but is certainly doable to dig through.

Edit: Looks like ESPN doesn't have these stats prior to 2002, so some QBs will be out for this...

Eli Manning's first year (low point) - 11+ yards - 20/60 - 33.33%

Eli Manning's eleventh year (high point) - 11+ yards - 93/180 - 51.7%

EJ Manuel - 11+ yards

2013 - 34/87 - 39.1% (10 games)

2014 - 13/40 - 32.5% (4 games)

Total - 47/127 - 37% (14 games)

Not starting out great, obviously [/st. Doug]

This is the real issue. Having watched those games, it's not that he was just inaccurate on deeper throws (he clearly was), but how inaccurate he was. So many of his throws were way, way off - ones in which the receivers had zero chance to make a play on the ball.

This is the real issue. Having watched those games, it's not that he was just inaccurate on deeper throws (he clearly was), but how inaccurate he was. So many of his throws were way, way off - ones in which the receivers had zero chance to make a play on the ball.

Guess we'll have to find a stat that tells us the level of inaccuracy on those throws, to see if it's possible for EJ to improve or not.