How Has Orton Looked Since He Was Signed?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a buddy who has a friend whose sister was the administrative assistant who prepared Orton's contract: Section 23(B)(2) "One Gatorade water cooler on the sidelines shall be marked with a legible "Orton's - Do Not Touch". The cooler will be kept out of direct sunlight and a generous supply of small Dixie cups (2 ounce size) shall be kept in close proximity during all games".

I have a buddy who has a friend whose sister was the administrative assistant who prepared Orton's contract: Section 23(B)(2) "One Gatorade water cooler on the sidelines shall be marked with a legible "Orton's - Do Not Touch". The cooler will be kept out of direct sunlight and a generous supply of small Dixie cups (2 ounce size) shall be kept in close proximity during all games".

Lol. The "Hollywood Henderson" clause.

Looks like the way to get Kyle down field fast is to put a bottle of Jack on the goal line.

He just leapt up 10fold in my mind.

You just gave me an idea. We need to make some giant signs that look like bottles of Jack and hold them up in whatever end zone KO is driving toward...and some hot women wouldn't hurt.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I feel like the Detroit game is gonna be a combination of the Matt Leinhart/Jordan Palmer preseason disasters. Ok- so I'm preparing for the worst. if it's anything better than that...it's all gravy. I hope Orton looks great but I'm having a real hard time believing he will show up for his very first Bills game ever and throw for 250+ and a couple TDs. Let's just hope the D and special teams somehow go nuts on Sunday.

I feel like you do. Really don't care who the QB is as long as they RUN the DAmn Ball more.

That's all i got.

If he beats the Lions the team has a shot at 6-2 right there he will be a hero to the fan base. Having reached the bye week with the total amount of wins from the last 3 seasons. If he breaks the playoff drought hold on to your horses, he may really have found his team.

If he does that ....well one game at a time.

But the next 4 games in my mind our winnable if we get even average QB play.

Ill take 5-3 tho in a heartbeat.

Best thread ever. He'll be warming up at Hammer's Lot before the Pats* game if you want to see how he looks.

I might see if he wants to stay in our RV for the Pats game weekend - dude seems like he can handle the drink and obviously he brings the ladies to the table as well! Orton and I will be firing up the grill Sunday morning around 6am!

I'm pretty sure I go to better parties than Kyle Orton.

I'm pretty sure Kyle Orton goes to more parties than Jauronimo. While his parties lack in quality, they close the gap in quantity. It's just like the Bills running game, another reason why it's the perfect team for him.

kj

Practice...

I have to ask what the f**k kind of practices does this coaching staff run when they don't know how the line players will perform until they actually play another team. Don't the Buffalo Bills have a very good D line,and don't they have a decent secondary? Do they dance around in tutu's waving at each other or do they actually hit, and hit hard? I'm thinking the former.

How does EJ even stay as the starter in the first four games, is he hitting his receivers with almost every pass in practice, and then gets into a game and looks so out of sync with all of them. The QB not even able to complete half his passes. whats going on?

So many penalties on the offense, and mistakes made by coaches. This coaching staff is a joke.

Edited by FeartheLosing

First, I've never heard of him showing up to a game or practice hungover or otherwise affected by partying. These players have the right to let loose when appropriate. He's never been in trouble over alcohol, as far as I recall. That said, he's married now with a daughter. Having a little girl can change one's perspective. His wife is a social worker and an active advocate for victims of domestic abuse. That could be a storyline the NFL points out if he has some success this season.

back to the OP's question, anyone heard anything about how he has been doing in practice? i think today is his first full practice as the starter but i'd be curious how his arm has looked and the one thing we are all looking for will be accuracy

Judging by these photos, he seems like a pretty loose guy, and someone that would be easy to socialize with. He probably was distancing himself a bit, so as not to interfere with the social order of the team.

Yes, this is one possibility.... Not interfering with the social order of the team. Nursing a hangover is another. I'd like to think you were on the right path.

Edit: just read about marriage and child. Hopefully these are old pics and things have changed. Most of us have some silliness somewhere in the rear view mirror.

Edited by Augie

back to the OP's question, anyone heard anything about how he has been doing in practice? i think today is his first full practice as the starter but i'd be curious how his arm has looked and the one thing we are all looking for will be accuracy

My source that goes to the practices when the media is allowed in says his arm has always looked better than EJ from what hes seen. This is in reference to velocity of the ball in the air, accuracy of the passes and how easily they are caught by the WR. Before the Chicago game he told me in a text "I feel bad saying it but Orton is definitely better at throwing a football, you can just tell" He also tells me that in practice against no defenders he often sees the receivers having to wait for EJs passes while it pretty much never happens with Orton. I talk to him after every practice he goes to and he has never once said EJ looked better than Orton but again he sees such a small part of the practice so it hard to know for sure. They only let the media in for throwing drills and stuff, no game planning or against defenses.

I know this much about the guy, he throws to the middle of the field well which EJ just hasn't been able to do.

He has over 15,000 NFL passing yards, over 80 TD's and a career qb rating of 80. He can play in nasty weather too.

We will be better off with him in there for the short term. Missing all of training camp does not help this situation, that's probably the biggest thing he's up against right now as it will limit the playbook considerably on sunday.

My source that goes to the practices when the media is allowed in says his arm has always looked better than EJ from what hes seen. This is in reference to velocity of the ball in the air, accuracy of the passes and how easily they are caught by the WR. Before the Chicago game he told me in a text "I feel bad saying it but Orton is definitely better at throwing a football, you can just tell" He also tells me that in practice against no defenders he often sees the receivers having to wait for EJs passes while it pretty much never happens with Orton. I talk to him after every practice he goes to and he has never once said EJ looked better than Orton but again he sees such a small part of the practice so it hard to know for sure. They only let the media in for throwing drills and stuff, no game planning or against defenses.

good info, thanks

excited to see for myself. it's going to be like watching a whole new team on offense!

People do realize those pics are from years ago, right? Dude is married now with a kid, I think he's settled down a bit from those days of youthful indescretion...

BTW - his wife does NOT like the neck beard

http://playerwags.com/kyle-ortons-wife-bridget-orton/

I know someone that is part of the media that goes to the practices and into the locker room when allowed. He said that from what hes seen in the parts of practices hes allowed to watch (which admittedly isnt much) it is very clear Orton is a better thrower of the football than Manuel. He said the ball is crisply thrown and much more accurate most of the time. That being said he always said that he is pretty disengaged from team camaraderie in the locker room. He doesnt talk to anyone, including the media and mainly keeps to himself as much as possible.

From what I gathered I think were in better hands when it comes to talent but my worry is about chemistry. If he is not engaged in being a part of the team maybe he will struggle getting on the same page as the offense than if he had been actively trying to be a part of the team and ultimately win the starting job at some point. We will see on Sunday. I think he is a competitor and now that his number is called he will be ready to play as best as he can.

Understandable that he's disengaged from team camaraderie. Look what he has to look forward to following the games.

I know this much about the guy, he throws to the middle of the field well which EJ just hasn't been able to do.

He has over 15,000 NFL passing yards, over 80 TD's and a career qb rating of 80. He can play in nasty weather too.

We will be better off with him in there for the short term. Missing all of training camp does not help this situation, that's probably the biggest thing he's up against right now as it will limit the playbook considerably on sunday.

And by all accounts he is still better than the QB who was at all the OTAs,training camp, and Preseason games. That is why they made the change.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

OK so the guy has a social anxiety disorder that he medicates with alcohol, he likes women (no controversy there, didn't see him smooching Mike Sam), and he looks like a Freshman Pledge at a NY State Public College.

I don't give a sh*t. He could be a smack injecting tranny (no offense) I just don't want to watch a replay of Houston...I don't ever want to see EJac try and kill another receiver or dump the ball off to a DE Again!

Meant to say E Ject but E Jac is funny too

First, I've never heard of him showing up to a game or practice hungover or otherwise affected by partying. These players have the right to let loose when appropriate. He's never been in trouble over alcohol, as far as I recall. That said, he's married now with a daughter. Having a little girl can change one's perspective. His wife is a social worker and an active advocate for victims of domestic abuse. That could be a storyline the NFL points out if he has some success this season.

Indeed, that storyline will be on every Sunday show if he succeeds.

Edited by CSBill

Even if he doesn't have success in the NFL, if the talking heads know about that little nugget(his wife's job that is) you know they will be talking about it every week.

Edited by The Wiz

I know someone that is part of the media that goes to the practices and into the locker room when allowed. He said that from what hes seen in the parts of practices hes allowed to watch (which admittedly isnt much) it is very clear Orton is a better thrower of the football than Manuel. He said the ball is crisply thrown and much more accurate most of the time. That being said he always said that he is pretty disengaged from team camaraderie in the locker room. He doesnt talk to anyone, including the media and mainly keeps to himself as much as possible.

From what I gathered I think were in better hands when it comes to talent but my worry is about chemistry. If he is not engaged in being a part of the team maybe he will struggle getting on the same page as the offense than if he had been actively trying to be a part of the team and ultimately win the starting job at some point. We will see on Sunday. I think he is a competitor and now that his number is called he will be ready to play as best as he can.

This is all we can hope that we've got an updated jake plumber....

Don't need a leader just a guy to get the ball out to the other players.

Has anyone heard anything about how Orton has looked in practice since he was signed? Rumors, eyewitness accounts, anything?

Was the changed strictly based on EJM crapping the bed, or has Orton impressed the coaching staff, or have any players mentioned anything about him prior to this change?

Who cares. I expect him to be on IR by the end of the game. The line is weak. EJ back in. Mark my words!!!

Edited by mattsox

I can't believe some of you didn't know about how legendary Orton's partying was. I love it. Then again, I lived in Denver for years and was a fan of his while he was in Chicago. I think he's a solid quarterback. He throws a very nice ball. Our OLine is certainly not built for his strong suits, however.

Only rumor I heard was that Robert Woods said he's been tearing it up in practice.

As for the keeping to himself aspect, I assume that's what anyone of us would do if we joined a team where there was a 1st round pick starting at QB, marketed as the face of the franchise. But this is just wild speculation.