Bears A-22 Review

Heitz

Jeremy White's A-22: http://www.wgr550.co...-Bears/19869992

A lot to like here, let's hope EJ and crew continue to get better. Loved seeding Eric Wood crush Lance Briggs (who had a terrible game).

Sunday is going to a pretty amazing atmosphere - Let's Go Buffalo!!

Good to see growth from EJ. Nice job by JW.

Jeremy White's A-22: http://www.wgr550.com/JW-All-22-Review-Bills-Bears/19869992

A lot to like here, let's hope EJ and crew continue to get better. Loved seeding Eric Wood crush Lance Briggs (who had a terrible game).

Maybe Briggs should have gone to practice on Monday instead of going to a BBQ

O-line did a great job selling the run-action stuff. That's one of the reasons you stick to the running game even if it's not producing huge chunks all the time. Gotta get the defense used to seeing that run action. Makes the play-action that much better as we saw. And Briggs is a shadow of his former self. Ouch.

GO BILLS!!!

Anyone who doubts EJ needs to watch that. And the block by E Wood was awesome. You just can't appreciate that in real time (unless you're Lance Briggs).

Many of these signs were present in the preseason. It was hard to get that across with the din of the noise from those who were constantly criticizing EJ at every turn.

I do believe i saw i saw Cordy Glenn jawing Briggs early on . which surprised me. Then Briggs got real pissed and the f bombs started from him . Just a short blip on the TV . surprised they did not pan away as Briggs full on pissed at whatever Glenn was saying. The angle made it tough to be sure who finally wound up his clock. guess it worked /

Bills came fighting and did not give in.

Not our Dads Bills anymore. Marrones Bills now

Edited by 3rdand12

Loved the stiff arm. My son and I were running around the house like crazy people. I haven't had much to really point to these last few years to inspire my young brood of potential fans. That was epic, classic Buffalo. Old guy. Underdog. Underrated. Hard working. Runs the ball in OT down the safety's throat, no stepping out of bounds, no retreat. Nothing fancy. And Conte is on his Butt. I still Jackson scored on the play. How beautiful, regardless. This is a great day to be in Bill's Nation.

So is this game the "Jackson Stiffarm Game" or the "Kyle Williams Interception Game?" Maybe that's a good question for the whole Bills universe.

Many of these signs were present in the preseason. It was hard to get that across with the din of the noise from those who were constantly criticizing EJ at every turn.

Yup. I saw plenty of improvement at camp and in the games that was drowned out by negativity. EJ needs work for sure. But he's closer to solid starter than bust

Maybe Briggs should have gone to practice on Monday instead of going to a BBQ

Agree. I have seen some arguments that he is a veteran and doesn't need to be there. But I think it is a matter of focus and team chemistry. Maybe he is just getting long in the tooth, but if he practiced with the team all week, he would have given people one less reason to call him out.

Jeremy White's A-22: http://www.wgr550.com/JW-All-22-Review-Bills-Bears/19869992

Yeah, Briggs was probably trying to think what new dishes he could add to his restaurants menu during the game instead of playing...lol

Jeremy White's A-22: http://www.wgr550.co...-Bears/19869992

This is a great thread. Loved the All 22 post and hoping White will continue it

There must be great plays in every game, but these from buffalobills.com really psyched me up. In addition to the already-discussed FredEx Forearm of Doom

1) Seldom get a chance to see just how good Easley really is on ST. Blocking the jammer into the PR, Monster. And he kind of acts like he's done that before.

2) Last year, we had maybe 1/2 a WR who could make those two catches (SJ when healthy and motivated). This year we have 3 WR who can make those catches, and will. When EJ succeeds, it's the team decision to craft a top WR corp that will make him.

3) Mario can be a monster.

We have the players, let's hope they stay psyched up and determined and Great Things will happen.

PS is it just me, but overall do you feel like our players may be better in strength and conditioning this year? I guess we'll see as the season wears down.

Edited by Hopeful

Yup. I saw plenty of improvement at camp and in the games that was drowned out by negativity. EJ needs work for sure. But he's closer to solid starter than bust

I took a lot of guff for my thread saying the o-line play in preseason was making EJ look bad, including from one noted member of TBD who insinuated EJ was not well-liked by his teammates. :rolleyes:

Eric Wood is a strong man. That little shoulder/forearm shot he gave Briggs knocked him clean off his feet. What a block.

EJ looked much better. Hope he continues to improve.

Kyle Williams made just an incredible play on that INT. It's hustle, anticipation, and athleticism all in one. What a huge play for a D-lineman.

This is all stuff I can't see at game speed. How much better is the fan experience because of this stuff?

This is a great thread. Loved the All 22 post and hoping White will continue it

There must be great plays in every game, but these from buffalobills.com really psyched me up. In addition to the already-discussed FredEx Forearm of Doom

White did them for every game last year, too, pretty sure.

Thanks for that link. Hadn't seen Easley's play yet. How fun was that?

kj

2) Last year, we had maybe 1/2 a WR who could make those two catches (SJ when healthy and motivated). This year we have 3 WR who can make those catches, and will. When EJ succeeds, it's the team decision to craft a top WR corp that will make him.

Watching those two catches makes me cringe. Great effort, but both of those plays could have resluted in jacked up WRs, especially the Woods catch. The only reason he wasn't destroyed is because the safety was watching the ball hoping for an Int if Woods couldn't pull it in. If he had gone for the straight tackle, Woods would have been blasted. EJ has to keep those throws down.

Watching that Easly play over and over was great! That should have been on all of the post game shows. Even though the score was so close, we really embarrased a few of their players. The KW interception, Easly rag-dolling his blocker, and of course the stiff-arm (now two stiff arms!). Poor Konty; had the interception earlier in the game, but won't be remembered for anything but getting put on his arse. :)

Watching those two catches makes me cringe. Great effort, but both of those plays could have resluted in jacked up WRs, especially the Woods catch. The only reason he wasn't destroyed is because the safety was watching the ball hoping for an Int if Woods couldn't pull it in. If he had gone for the straight tackle, Woods would have been blasted. EJ has to keep those throws down.

Watching that Easly play over and over was great! That should have been on all of the post game shows. Even though the score was so close, we really embarrased a few of their players. The KW interception, Easly rag-dolling his blocker, and of course the stiff-arm (now two stiff arms!). Poor Konty; had the interception earlier in the game, but won't be remembered for anything but getting put on his arse. :)

I noticed this last night watching the all-22. The physicality of this team compared to years past is impressive so say the least. This isn't the same old Bills. They are hard hitting, fly to the ball, take the ball and beat the **** out of you in the process. Very fun to watch

I noticed this last night watching the all-22. The physicality of this team compared to years past is impressive so say the least. This isn't the same old Bills. They are hard hitting, fly to the ball, take the ball and beat the **** out of you in the process. Very fun to watch

This is what I thought when I watched Spikes in OT. He looked possessed.