I'm mad as hell & I'm not gonna take it any more!

Virgil

I have no expectations going into this FA signing period, but now that I see the contracts going out, I'm starting to wish we were more active. We have holes on the O-Line and could use upgrades in different spots. To see some of these solid Lineman getting less than 9 mil a year makes me wish we would have jumped in on one of them. Eugene Monroe would be a huge upgrade on our line. Even these DB's are going for less than I thought. Nothing against Gilmore or Leodis, but I'll take Verner any day of the week.

The sky is not falling and I'm not angry, but I'm just surprised at how low the market is and I feel like we are missing out on some good deals that could only make us better

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a lot of players left, 90 mins in and people are already complaining that its a failure. Im not sure what you think but players can sign wherever they please and theres no telling who weve called and not called. if we get Spikes, Byrd and a guard this will be a successful FA period. Patience.

Considering 75-80% or more of the time you are paying big money for guys who underperformed their contracts I'm fine with them being smart about it.

How much did Miami's $100 million shopping spree help last year?

Considering 75-80% or more of the time you are paying big money for guys who underperformed their contracts I'm fine with them being smart about it.

Considering 75-80% or more of the time you are paying big money for guys who underperform their contracts I'm fine with them being smart about it.

Bills search the garbage for cheap players

The Bills are going to sign a bunch of crappy players, tie a ribbon around them and sell them as value.

Same crap, same record 6-10.

Bills throw money away at over-valued players.

Was that your alternate headline if the Bills had signed a few players ?

Its 90 minutes...........you're the worst type of fan.

The Bills are going to sign a bunch of crappy players, tie a ribbon around them and sell them as value.

Same crap, same record 6-10.

Name 3-4 of the players that signed you wanted. So far I haven't seen one. In my opinion this is a weak free agency class and I'm glad the Bills aren't spending just to spend.

No need to repeat yourself. We got it the first time. :)

Not looking for any big splashes this year. My philosophy would be don't create any holes, and try to improve a little on your weakest links. So, I'd like to see them retain Byrd and chandler, then pick up a G, LB, and CB for depth.

This can't be your first Bills offseason. You know the first few days of free agency fill even the biggest Bills fans with a sense of dread. Around this time someone usually points out that the Pats are usually never active and references the Skins.

This can't be your first Bills offseason. You know the first few days of free agency fill even the biggest Bills fans with a sense of dread. Around this time someone usually points out that the Pats are usually never active and references the Skins.

Theres a lot of players left, 90 mins in and people are already complaining that its a failure. Im not sure what you think but players can sign wherever they please and theres no telling who weve called and not called. if we get Spikes, Byrd and a guard this will be a successful FA period. Patience.

Happens every year. Just ignore it

"Excuse me while I count my money."

-- signed,

Mario Williams.

I'm pretty sure this was the real reason for the Williams signing - an argument against people thinking the Bills don't sign free agents or that Ralph is cheap. Russ Brandon will get to ride this wave for at least another 5 years.

I'm pretty sure this was the real reason for the Williams signing - an argument against people thinking the Bills don't sign free agents or that Ralph is cheap. Russ Brandon will get to ride this wave for at least another 5 years.

Do we need to sign the most expensive free agent every year? What about guys like branch and Lawson?

This IS Buffalo you are talking about....

Rodger Saffold signed with the Raiders...5 year 42.5 mill

Geoff Schwartz signed with the NY Giants

Zane Beadles signed with the Jags...5 year 30 mill

The Jags traded Blane Gabbert to the 49ers for a 6th :w00t: Mike Vick to the Jets....maybe :lol:

Just "some" people..

the Pats and Packers are never big FA players and they are always great and the Browns, Raiders, and Redskins are always big players and they always seem to suck.

It's not about the big splash.

;-)

Keeping most of your own draft pucks, filling in with solid free agents and drafting well still is the best way to build a team, NOT going on an all out shopping spree to overpay players

And this has happened for about an eight year stretch in the Bills history under Polian/Butler. Other than that it has been a total cluster of FO mismanagement and bad decisions from coaches to players. No faith in Whaley or Marrone until they prove it. Last years draft brought an unproven answer at QB, an undersized MLB, and good dime UDFA CB. This same regime had Colin Brown at LG, Chandler et al at TE, and may have just let a ProBowl safety walk with no compensation.

Ralph is so cheap he spends $100 million on one player just to prove he isn't cheap? :blink:

PTR

Name 3-4 of the players that signed you wanted. So far I haven't seen one. In my opinion this is a weak free agency class and I'm glad the Bills aren't spending just to spend.

well actually i was watching a couple and had some hope.

Brinkley seemed a thoughtful scouting for one . But with no Byrd in hand i thought we might have made a play or two , and a a couple of O line men guards and a RT or two .

I am not dissapointed yet though . Its the quality i am looking for again this year . Last year was greatly improved over previous seasons. Upgraded some positions of weakness Bills did nicely i thought .

Damn i wanted that Dansby fellow even though the cost : )

lets stay mildy enthused people > this time of year is kinda fun

Edited by 3rdand12

And this has happened for about an eight year stretch in the Bills history under Polian/Butler. Other than that it has been a total cluster of FO mismanagement and bad decisions from coaches to players. No faith in Whaley or Marrone until they prove it. Last years draft brought an unproven answer at QB, an undersized MLB, and good dime UDFA CB. This same regime had Colin Brown at LG, Chandler et al at TE, and may have just let a ProBowl safety walk with no compensation.

Lol, yes rookie of the year caliber players suck don't they? Robert Woods and Goodwin apparently don't count either, and neither does Lawson or Hughes who filled huge voids and the trade that brought Hughes over should be considered highway robbery...

It's ok if you don't buy in, just don't be in fantasy land either

Edited by matter2003

I'm not particularly impressed with the contracts so far besides a few LTs and we've already got an LT.

The thing about Byrd is if we have money earmarked for him and will spread it elsewhere if he signs somewhere else who long to the Bills hold out hope in such a soft market?

Lol, yes rookie of the year caliber players suck don't they? Robert Woods and Goodwin apparently don't count either, and neither does Lawson or Hughes who filled huge voids and the trade that brought Hughes over should be considered highway robbery...

It's ok if you don't buy in, just don't be in fantasy land either

Obvious troll is obvious. Last years draft was pretty damn solid and if EJ takes the next step it will be great.

Ralph is so cheap he spends $100 million on one player just to prove he isn't cheap? :blink:

PTR

lol - so perfect.

Speaking of "the garbage" can we designate this thread for all of the nonsensical thoughts? :D

Obvious troll is obvious. Last years draft was pretty damn solid and if EJ takes the next step it will be great.

With another good effort at the draft , and some depth and a few upgrade to depth we might have something.

I think the answer is within this new generation of Bills coaches hands , to prove they can develop players , especially drafts from last year. Including EJ Manuel :thumbsup:

PTR

Sneaky Huh ?

Im pretty excited about Nolan Carroll. I don't know much about him but its sounds like he is an up and coming corner. He is year younger than Leodis and is bigger. Many teams have shown interest in him over the past few weeks. He had a 64 passer rating against him on the season. 3 int's, 2 sacks, 47 tackles

Let the off-season play out. There is no need to go out and overspend on guys when you can find good players on the cheap. Its a deep class of corners and a deep class of guards plenty of guys to be had there without splurging for a splashy signing. Granted the Bills could be a non-factor but let it play out before you call them anything.