Eugene Parker

Never again. The Bills should never ever draft a player represented by Eugene Parker. Don't care if the player is BPA, just move on to the next one available.

And can someone please go do donuts on his lawn

I thought it was nice of Eugene to make sweet love to Russ this time.

What is so hard to understand? He is just doing his job and he's good at it. He gets his client what the Bills won't give. This is a career for these players. They don't owe the Bills anything. Your anger is misdirected, folks.

From what I've seen, if I was an nfl player, I'd love to have this guy as my agent.

What is so hard to understand? He is just doing his job and he's good at it. He gets his client what the Bills won't give. This is a career for these players. They don't owe the Bills anything. Your anger is misdirected, folks.

From what I've seen, if I was an nfl player, I'd love to have this guy as my agent.

Right on. He talked the Bills right out of using their leverage against Byrd. He is a good agent. I don't hate him, I just wish the Bills had more competent management. I'd be embarrassed about how Eugene bent them over but this organization doesn't have a shred of dignity left.

Right on. He talked the Bills right out of using their leverage against Byrd. He is a good agent. I don't hate him, I just wish the Bills had more competent management. I'd be embarrassed about how Eugene bent them over but this organization doesn't have a shred of dignity left.

Hence TG saying the lifers need to leave. Fresh eyes in the org. see all of the issues that need to change in order to turn things around.

The bad news is that the new guys will all get canned and the lifers will stay until RW passes. RW used to go to all games, broke his hip and has basically never been seen or heard from again. Old people do NOT do well coming back from that. This team is in hoard all the money you can for the heirs, there is very very little time left. Just enough goes into this team to get the best rate of return they can...

The bills dignity has been gone for the past 3-5 seasons and is slowly withering away...sad

Hear, hear… Next time I buy a car I might have to find Parker and hire him to negotiate. He’s sharp.

What Parker is doing is representing the interests of his client in a way consistent with Byrd's objectives and instructions. Parker isn't out to screw the Bills for some personal satisfaction. As I always believed, Byrd's main goal, for whatever reason, appears to be to get out of Buffalo. That's what Parker is setting up here. From what I hear of the money offer from the Bills it sounded more than reasonalbe and subject to a little negotiation back and forth on duration, guaranteed money, and total dollars. You'd think two motivated parties could get a dealfrom there that would make both sides happy. But you can't negotiate with somebody that is not interested in negotiating.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

What I wonder is, did he absolutely want out of Buffalo already last year and then Bill's screwed his plans by tagging him. Or would he have signed a long term deal at that point prior to the 2013 season, like 2 years back, but then once the Bill's tagged him he wanted out and basically said I won't sig nanything and threatened all kind of havoc if they tagged him. Not sure which came first here??

don't blame parker for the front office's failings. if the bills were a winning franchise this would never be an issue. the front office has tanked this team for 15 years. byrd walked cause the bills suck and he obviously doesn't see that changing anytime soon.

On the other hand Parker has a great relationship with the Eagles

On the other hand Parker has a great relationship with the Eagles

Thats right thats the exact reason why they should have franchised him so they could of worked a deal with another team but the incompetence of the Bills FO strikes again !!

Not only did they have a good record with the Eagles (not to mention Byrds old coach is there) but the talk of the Browns wanting Byrd i just don't get it !!! When will the Bills turn the corner ?

I am all for freedom, but have to agree that free agency has made a mess out of professional sports. Costs are escalating and community sports pride is being eroded. The NFL, NBA and NHL keep having to become bigger and bigger and owners greedier and greedier in order to make professional sports work.

I am all for freedom, but have to agree that free agency has made a mess out of professional sports. Costs are escalating and community sports pride is being eroded. The NFL, NBA and NHL keep having to become bigger and bigger and owners greedier and greedier in order to make professional sports work.

Eh, I can't really agree with this, especially in football. Contracts aren't guaranteed in the most violent sport on the planet. The Saints are trying to penny pinch on Jimmy Graham, who played for peanuts his first 3 years, who by all accounts is one of the best players on the planet.

Parker does a slimy job but he is doing his job. It sucks because we have twice been burned by him but it is what is. I really don't think passing on his clients in the draft is a bad idea. Target agents you have a good relationship with.

Next up... alex Carrington... he's also represented by that miserable douche. Bench him, and let him go elsewhere, I don't see any reason to waste time developing players that have an agent that doesn't put any value on anything other than his commission.

The players that hire him want to maximize their value, just like Peters did. There were some front offices that actually liked dealing with him because he did his homework when he set his value for a player. The team knew where they stood and could take it or leave it, there wasn't much negotiating. Someone had posted a good link a while back about how Parker operates (maybe when Peters left) and it was a good read. I think I remember reading that Parker usually finds someone to hire his client at the value he believes is fair. Does anyone know if the Bills have ever re-signed one of Parker's clients?

Next up... alex Carrington... he's also represented by that miserable douche. Bench him, and let him go elsewhere, I don't see any reason to waste time developing players that have an agent that doesn't put any value on anything other than his commission.

Yeah dammit, that'll show 'em!

The players that hire him want to maximize their value, just like Peters did. There were some front offices that actually liked dealing with him because he did his homework when he set his value for a player. The team knew where they stood and could take it or leave it, there wasn't much negotiating. Someone had posted a good link a while back about how Parker operates (maybe when Peters left) and it was a good read. I think I remember reading that Parker usually finds someone to hire his client at the value he believes is fair. Does anyone know if the Bills have ever re-signed one of Parker's clients?

Cornelius Bennett

What I wonder is, did he absolutely want out of Buffalo already last year and then Bill's screwed his plans by tagging him. Or would he have signed a long term deal at that point prior to the 2013 season, like 2 years back, but then once the Bill's tagged him he wanted out and basically said I won't sig nanything and threatened all kind of havoc if they tagged him. Not sure which came first here??

Byrd has always been of the mind to test free agency. They tried to sign him before the tag last year and probably talked with him the year before, although I do not remember the specifics. This has nothing to do with applying the tag last year.

Something tells me Carrington won't have the same leverage. At the same time Parker's just doing his job.

Like a sellers real estate agent his job is to close deals and make money. When you represent something you can market as a premium asset in a hot market you are willing to pass on the sure deal for the potential bid up/bidding war.

I completely understand why the Byrd camp could want free agency. He's had an incredible 2 seasons and will be able to likely get competing bids to drive up price.

It's a no lose situation for them. The only way buffalo could avoid it without the tag would be to present an offer so good they would not want to test the free market.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Free agency has kind of ruined the game...

Not really. It gives teams a chance to get better, faster. In the past whatever team you had you were stuck with outside of trying to hit on draft picks or making a trade. Every team will lose players. But every team can get players too. It just didn’t work for the Bills this time. Although I, like many, disagree with not using the tag on Byrd, Whaley was right about the way the league is now. And when Mario came we were happy. And Houston lost him for nothing. Is what it is...

Every agent who has a client with the potential to make a huge contract would do the same thing as Parker. It’s not personal for them, it’s business. And don’t forget: Parker WORKS FOR Byrd. He advises and makes suggestions, but Byrd is ultimately in charge of the situation. Bills might not want Carrington back. Or if they do, he might be back. Carrington and Byrd are two different players at two different points in their careers.

Edited by purple haze

Who cares if we keep or lose Carrington. He's done a whole lot of nothing so far. He's certainly got potential, but that's about it.

Agreed. I like his potential and he's a good FG blocker but he is hardly someone worth stressing over. Especially coming off a knee injury.

Eh, I can't really agree with this, especially in football. Contracts aren't guaranteed in the most violent sport on the planet. The Saints are trying to penny pinch on Jimmy Graham, who played for peanuts his first 3 years, who by all accounts is one of the best players on the planet.

Parker does a slimy job but he is doing his job. It sucks because we have twice been burned by him but it is what is. I really don't think passing on his clients in the draft is a bad idea. Target agents you have a good relationship with.

In what way is he "slimy"?

Cornelius Bennett

Polian had a good relationship with Parker and thinks highly of him.

In what way is he "slimy"?

Polian had a good relationship with Parker and thinks highly of him.

All agents are slimy. It's their job. To get every penny they can for their client. I believe Parker is the one who told Peters to ignore all calls from the Bills in their talks. I believe Parker had a lot of say in stuff Byrd did this offseason and into the season. He's doing his job and has been effective. But it's a slimy job.