A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particlar order.....

Pettine seems to be anti-establishment some times in his coaching. Trying to do it his way vs. the way he has been brought up.

I said almost the exact same thing a couple times during the second half today.

2nd/long is a traditional blitz down because it's effective and he's suddenly showing three man fronts there, 3rd/short situations and your most powerful anchor is repeatedly standing there on the sideline, one of the most dangerous downfield threats on the planet and you're limited in the amount of coverage you're going to roll to that side.

I like the guy and am glad he's here, but today was a very strange departure from the norm at times. :wacko:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said almost the exact same thing a couple times during the second half today.

2nd/long is a traditional blitz down because it's effective and he's suddenly showing three man fronts there, 3rd/short situations and your most powerful anchor is repeatedly standing there on the sideline, one of the most dangerous downfield threats on the planet and you're limited in the amount of coverage you're going to roll to that side.

I like the guy and am glad he's here, but today was a very strange departure from the norm at times. :wacko:

it was against Carolina. 1st and 10, the Panthers had just found success running it between the tackles. He had Dareus drop to cover the middle and had the nickel, i think it was, blitz. It was wtf.

All I can say is I'm impressed as hell about this young team playing so well with a QB just up from the PS. The Bills played today without their best WR and their best RB injured.

The Bills benched their two worst players in CB Justin "toast" Rodgers & LG Colin "sieve" Brown, and the team played better because of it. About freaking time.

I look at the overall picture and see a team play to overtime against a team that just held the NE Patriots to 6 points and Legend QB Tom Brady to no TD's the week before. I didn't give them any chance at all to even compete equally on the same field, and yet everyone is nit picking the players just back from injuries or players playing injured. The Bengals ended Brady's streak of a TD in 52 games. Plus, in its three previous wins Cincy's D limited Brady, GB Aaron Rodgers, and Pitts Big Ben to a combined 64 of 118 for 692 yards, with 2 TD's and 4 INT's.

The Bills D was victimized at the LoS by a superior line, and allowed 14 first downs passing.

Lets face it, the Bengals were a playoff team last year and probably will be again this season as they lead their division with a 4-2 record. Not gonna complain at all considering I didn't give them any chance to win, and they easily could have.

4) Gilmore was pathetic on the short pass for a long gain with approx. 11 min. left in the 2nd quarter. He was blocked out of the play and pushed around like a rag doll. That said, if we want to pretend that he was a good draft selection/shut down corner, we can do that too. We an also debate as to whether or not Santa Claus is real.

You mean the play when a man in motion came on his side, forcing him to cover two players at one time with no help? Herb Adderly or Mel Renfo could not have done better.

I saw a lot of mismatches out there.

The Bengals did this all game, they put more people wide than we did and they beat us with numbers. Quick hitter passes behind the line with more blockers than defenders. It took Pettine 3 full quarters t figure it out.

Lots of complaints about Marrone and Hackett but Pettine was the coach that got schooled today.

1) Kiko, Dareus and especially Kyle Williams did not play well today. Of the 3, Dareus redeemed himself to some degree, but there was little pass pressure up the middle, and the run defense was soft. The time of possession stats were disgusting, and these 3, along with Marrone must share the blame.

The defense had a bad day, in fact they had their worse day of the season. I'm surprised that the Bengals did not score 40 on us today.

2) Spiller had 5 carries for 55 yards. Many of his carries seemed to fall 1 or 2 yards short of a first down. Still in all, these were great numbers for a situational running back.

Spiller showed guts today, too bad he was not 100%.

3) Fwiw, the 51 yard field goal by Carpenter would have been good from 60 yards. That was a truly amazing kick.

I'm amazed by Carpenter. How was this guy unemployed for most of the preseason? I'm really excited to have Dustin Hopkins on the team, but Carpenter has not disappointed. It'll be tough to let this guy go.

4) Gilmore was pathetic on the short pass for a long gain with approx. 11 min. left in the 2nd quarter. He was blocked out of the play and pushed around like a rag doll. That said, if we want to pretend that he was a good draft selection/shut down corner, we can do that too. We an also debate as to whether or not Santa Claus is real.

Wow, you are going to bring up the merits on whether or not Gilmore was a good draft pick after today's game? First of all he should not have been out there today. How can he play with that big cast over his hand? Second, the guy hasn't played in a game for weeks. You almost had to expect him to have a rough day.

5) If any of you can think of a reason that Chris Hogan is a member of this football team, please drop me a line.

Special Teams

Where is thought #6?

7) Lewis is weird. He carries the football like a loaf of bread. I am not seeing pocket presence. BUT, he seems OK. It's hard to explain.

He is difficult to understand, but he showed that he can play.

8)I ain't preachin', 'cause I don't know,

How to make fast things move along slow.

I can't stop it, can't make it go.

Just 'cause I say it.....

that don't mean that it's so, no, no.

Watch what you hear now, make sure it's clear now,

Just 'cause it's said,

that don't mean that it's true.

Ah-huh.

9) Searcy has lots of issues, but I maintain that I will take him on my football team any day.

I thought that Searcy would be a big liability, but he has played so well this season, that I have no complaints.

10) At RWS, Bills Fans, down 24-10 just were not giving up. I was really proud to be a Bills Fan seeing this. But, this is an ongoing state.

Bills fans never give up.

11) OK, I confess.....I am not crazy about Marrone. But I credit him for the 4th quarter pass to Chandler. It was a gutsy call that worked.

That was gutsy.

12) Gotta give kudos to TJ Graham. I didn't think that he had it in him to get open and catch passes. Goodwin looked OK too, and Chandler is actually looking very good imo.

Graham showed up today, now let's hope this is the start of something. Congrats to Goodwin on getting his first NFL touchdown. Chandler can make plays if you put him in the right position. You throw a pass to Chandler when he's 8-15 yards down field. You do not throw 1 yard screen passes to Chandler, in hopes that he's going to break off a 50 yard run-after-catch.

13) Overall, the defense was unimpressive.

Yes it was. I'm surprised that the Bills were able to send this game to OT with how the defense played.

14) If we are to win a few games with Lewis, imo there will need to be a lot more planned qb draws/runs. Hey, there is little to lose.

Sounds sensible to me.

15) Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen.

Our D-line should not have been manhandled as much as they were tonight. Totally ridiculous performance as a unit given the level of talent. Williams & Williams & Dareus. We should be getting more production out of them.

Easley has been a star on special teams, why on earth this allows everyone to know he's a better WR than Hogan is beyond me. There is only one reason I can imagine we haven't seen him out there instead of Graham, Hogan, Goodwin... That reason is he must be even worse.

Well...We also have a ton of Preseason play at WR to go off of. And there is absolutely no question Easley looked better than Hogan in Preseason...Yes it's just Preseason and blah, blah, blah...Some guys are just gamers, and some are not...Hogan is obviously an incredible practice player who is smart and instinctive...In practice...Easley is basically a prototype athlete for an NFL WR who has a ton of potential, but probably does not practice as well...So...There you go... B-)

2) Spiller had 5 carries for 55 yards. Many of his carries seemed to fall 1 or 2 yards short of a first down. Still in all, these were great numbers for a situational running back.

Actually it was 10 carries for 55 yards.

I'm not a big Gilmore fan either. I certainly don't think he's shut down by any means, and he gets a lot of PI calls. But, he did only have one hand today so I won't fry him over it.

5) If any of you can think of a reason that Chris Hogan is a member of this football team, please drop me a line.

Don't stay up late expecting any lines from me. He looks like the kind of guy Coach Gailey would have kept around.

10) At RWS, Bills Fans, down 24-10 just were not giving up. I was really proud to be a Bills Fan seeing this. But, this is an ongoing state.

The Ralph is an awesome place to watch a Bills game.

INDEED !!

16) The call to go for it on 4th and 1 in the 1st half was just plain dumb IMHO. I understand the let's be aggressive logic, but it's just not worth it. Take the points especially in the 1st half. If the game gets close at the end and you have to, yeah go for it, but no when you're down 3 in the fist half. It came back to bite us BIG TIME. That FG would have come in handy.

Aside from not getting the points when you don't get it, which is bound to happen, nothing fires up a team like a goal line stand. It takes your momentum of getting a good drive and points and gives it squarely to the team that was macho enough to stop you on 4 tries. It's not uncommon for a team to drive down to points after this happens. Football is an emotional game driven by momentum. We took it away from ourselves and gave it to them.

I don't like this and am on record of saying before the play to for the FG. I know I'm in the minority here and I'm good with that. It's fine in college football I guess, but it cost us the game today.

17) I didn't see Byrd make any spectacular plays today but I did see him make several nice tackles. The guy is a great open field tackler. There was one of those run or pass plays where the Bungles broke it and it looked like he might take it all the way. But Byrd was back there. He tracked the guy down and made a nice text book tackle to save the TD. I'm glad to have him back.

18) Someone on the Bungles Offense staff did their homework and found something. Those passes out wide to Green etc worked like a champ. They had a couple of guys our there blocking and there were no Bills in sight. Adjustments will have to be made this week. I expect the Fish to try this play Sunday.

Don't most people carry a loaf of bread by the handle? I never understood that analogy.

I think this might be an old football saying that predates bread being sole in plastic bags.

Over the last 11 games last year, Gilmore was one of the best CBs in the league.

What exactly did Gilmore do here that makes you think this? In 16 games last year he had 52 tackles and 1 Int. I don't think he stinks, but he doesn't look studly either IMHO. I'm just curious.

We can get in to detail about this if you'd like but I doubt it would do much to change your mind.

As an innocent bystander, I'd like to know what Gilmore did last year that was so great. Details please.

Edited by reddogblitz

Well, I always thought people were a little to high on Revis. I am not saying that with Gilmore, yet, because I think many people are still grounded. However, Richard Sherman is as good as most people realize only because most people do not have a clue who he is and how good he is at his position.

I really want to sit down with Pettine for 20-30 minutes to understand what he is trying to do on this defense because the more I think about it the more frustrated I get. Why did we not put 6 guys in the box showing multiple fronts and blitzes?! We did it toward the end when I gave up watching and the radio told me so... but seriously, Pettine seems to be anti-establishment some times in his coaching. Trying to do it his way vs. the way he has been brought up.

Ridiculous on D.

Oh and for all ya'll pointing out that Kiko had 22 tackles and had a good game. Funny, I remember many people saying the same thing about Paul Poz.

Poz had 22 broken forearms, not tackles...

You know Kiko is good when he has 22 tackles and it's probably his worst game!

Most since that crazy Damien Covington game with 26 tackles. I remember him putting together two of the best games ever by a Bills linebacker and then blowing out his knee immediately. Poor guy never really made it back and now is dead as a result.

I cannot wait to throw this in your face. To make you eat so much crow that you throw up. To make you admit how wrong you were that both Gilmore and McKelvin are amazing and better then the Winfield/Clements duo. Yes, those will be good times and happy days. And I am sure you will be more then willing to admit that when it happens because that would just be sweet to see up here in Buffalo again.

You avatar is for real isn't it, you are on crack :bag:

(BTW, I agree about your signature).

"Per PFF, Gilmore rated out as the 79th best cornerback in the NFL in 2012." Cue the PFF sucks chorus....your serve, Pre-Snap Read's Cian Fahey. :lol:

1)......

Though I think you may have let your emotions get away from you a bit this week.....your weekly threads are still by far my favourite part of TSW.

What were your views on the OL today....particularly on Legursky/Brown? In case you weren't aware, OL illiterates like myself have come to rely on your views in this area, without them I pretty much have to resort to statistics and "feel".

So he fails once every four plays? Is that elite?

You tell me...as someone else already pointed out, Richard Sherman "failed" only 6% less. Something tells me you don't care much for the actual data though

And while we're at it, how many completions did Gilmore allow today?

Edited by thebandit27

I don't think it should be underestimated how good of a team Cincinnati has right now. They seem solid in every position.

With the exception of Denver I am having a hard time naming a team in the AFC that I am certain is better than them.

KC? Reid has them playing pretty solid football right now but I still need to see them beat someone better than Dallas or Philly.

New England? Somehow they keep putting together wins when it seems they should lose, plus Cincy beat them head to head.

Indy? Maybe, they are playing well too and have better QB play.

In any case Cincy has to be one of the best few teams in the AFC right now and a beat all to hell Bills team still could have won the game. I'm disappointed for sure but this 2-4 doesn't feel the same as the dead in the water 2-4 teams of years past.

Thanks for the post as usual Bill...

While everyone is focused on Gilmore playing with one arm I'd add the Leodis friggin' McKelvin is playing some serious ball this year. It's amazing what real coaching and placing a player in the proper position to succeed can do!

1) Kiko, Dareus and especially Kyle Williams did not play well today. Of the 3, Dareus redeemed himself to some degree, but there was little pass pressure up the middle, and the run defense was soft. The time of possession stats were disgusting, and these 3, along with Marrone must share the blame.

3) Fwiw, the 51 yard field goal by Carpenter would have been good from 60 yards. That was a truly amazing kick.

7) Lewis is weird. He carries the football like a loaf of bread. I am not seeing pocket presence. BUT, he seems OK. It's hard to explain.

8)I ain't preachin', 'cause I don't know,

How to make fast things move along slow.

I can't stop it, can't make it go.

Just 'cause I say it.....

that don't mean that it's so, no, no.

Watch what you hear now, make sure it's clear now,

Just 'cause it's said,

that don't mean that it's true.

9) Searcy has lots of issues, but I maintain that I will take him on my football team any day.

11) OK, I confess.....I am not crazy about Marrone. But I credit him for the 4th quarter pass to Chandler. It was a gutsy call that worked.

12) Gotta give kudos to TJ Graham. I didn't think that he had it in him to get open and catch passes. Goodwin looked OK too, and Chandler is actually looking very good imo.

13) Overall, the defense was unimpressive.

14) If we are to win a few games with Lewis, imo there will need to be a lot more planned qb draws/runs. Hey, there is little to lose.

This team shows good potential for next season if they can stay healthy. Another good draft , coaches with more experince, not sure about ST coach. The injuries this season are just too many.

We have been saying this a lot over the last 13 years.

The reality is that this is a veteran team.

Dareus is the baby of the DL in his third season......otherwise these guys in the middle to the backside of their careers.

Erik Pears, Urbik, Wood, Legursky.......these are veterans. I will be surprised if at least two of those guys...Pears and Legursky...don't need to be replaced with starting quality players by next season.

Your top receivers are Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler......also veterans.....and guys with injury issues.

Lawson and Leodis are older guys on that defense as well. Byrd is a vet and a free agent-to-be.

Fred Jackson is the oldest back in the league and CJ is already 26. Not young for their positions by any means.

Point is.......this is not a "young team". They have some young players, but most teams do. There are younger teams in this league winning right now.

They are just a regular NFL team that would be winning now if the franchise was committed to winning rather than simply wanting to win so long as it falls within their operating parameters.

Though I think you may have let your emotions get away from you a bit this week.....your weekly threads are still by far my favourite part of TSW.

What were your views on the OL today....particularly on Legursky/Brown? In case you weren't aware, OL illiterates like myself have come to rely on your views in this area, without them I pretty much have to resort to statistics and "feel".

Honestly, you are correct. These days I get less angry about the Bills. Yesterday was an exception.

When they showed the fans cheering and pounding the walls while down 24-10, I felt frustrated, as if Bills Fans were being cheated. It is true, I don't like to use (as a rule) early picks on RBs and DBs. Yet, we have so I want to see more production from them.

I WANT Spiller to take over a game and win it for us loyal fans!

I WANT Gilmore to make game changing/saving plays!

I WANT Byrd not to fake or overly nurse injuries and pick of passes!

For that matter I also want Dareus to go all out and disrupt offensive lines and yes, quarterbacks.

So yes, I was angry and frustrated, and I'm sorry to all for getting so riled up.

As far as the OL, Legursky was a step up from Brown, who is a center, not a guard, but I don't want to go there and get angry again. :)

I thought Wood played well. So did Glenn until he got toasted for a key sack, but one cannot expect perfection. Pears, who I often defend on this board, seemed to have his hands full. Urbik looked OK, but on TV, I have lots of problems watching right guards for whatever reason(s).

Remember, these guys were blocking for a rookie who can certainly run, but his pocket presence and vision are unknown at this point.

One last thing....am I alone or do you and others wish he would tone down on the celebrations? Maybe it's me, but the team was fighting to reach .500 and the kid just got here. Maybe he should go back to the sidelines and talk to his coaches in lieu of jumping into the stands, at least for now.

The good news is that at least our 2013 early picks are performing. As another poster pointed out, Kiko put up huge numbers in what might have been his worst game. Woods is very impressive imo, and Goodwin got open for a deep ball.

Thanks for the post as usual Bill...

While everyone is focused on Gilmore playing with one arm I'd add the Leodis friggin' McKelvin is playing some serious ball this year. It's amazing what real coaching and placing a player in the proper position to succeed can do!

The light came on for Leodis last season. Not saying the coaching this year hasn't helped him, but in all fairness he started playing much better late last year. In terms of physical gifts.....Leodis is definitely one of the top 30 CB's in the NFL......maybe much higher.

There are a lot of teams that want nothing to do with players that aren't very sharp of mind.......the Bills are not one of them. They have invested heavily in guys like Leodis and CJ who have scored very poorly in intelligence exams and we have seen these guys really take a long time to translate their physical ability into results at the NFL level, likely as a result of their uptake issues. CJ is still struggling with it. It will be interesting if he can put it all together before he goes into physical decline.

I don't think it should be underestimated how good of a team Cincinnati has right now. They seem solid in every position.

With the exception of Denver I am having a hard time naming a team in the AFC that I am certain is better than them.

KC? Reid has them playing pretty solid football right now but I still need to see them beat someone better than Dallas or Philly.

New England? Somehow they keep putting together wins when it seems they should lose, plus Cincy beat them head to head.

Indy? Maybe, they are playing well too and have better QB play.

In any case Cincy has to be one of the best few teams in the AFC right now and a beat all to hell Bills team still could have won the game. I'm disappointed for sure but this 2-4 doesn't feel the same as the dead in the water 2-4 teams of years past.

So many fans overcome with the grief of the loss they are missing this. Fans need to remember back to the start of 2010 and another HC from the college ranks in Chan Gailey, his first 8 games at 0-8, and journeyman QB Fitz literally running for his life.

If I'm going to complain about something its that this regime waited far to long to replace LG Colin Brown & CB Justin Rodgers. Waiting for Legursky to return from an injury rather then find a better replacement quicker then 5 games into the season with a rookie at QB was cause for alarm. I'm still concerned that Doug Whaley & Doug Marrone thinking that Brown could do the job in the first place, and then gave him 5 games to prove how bad he is really is.Apparently they all thought Marrone could coach him up as a starter, and that was disaster. This move reminds me of Cornell Green starting for the first 5 games in 2010, and then quietly benched and released. Brown could still be salvageable on special teams tho.

If there was a disparity between the two teams besides the Bills PS QB who played like a vet at times, and loss of SJ. It was the difference in the play of both lines. Cincy was dominate at the LoS on both sides of the ball. It makes me envious of a team with an O line that good.

The light came on for Leodis last season. Not saying the coaching this year hasn't helped him, but in all fairness he started playing much better late last year. In terms of physical gifts.....Leodis is definitely one of the top 30 CB's in the NFL......maybe much higher.

There are a lot of teams that want nothing to do with players that aren't very sharp of mind.......the Bills are not one of them. They have invested heavily in guys like Leodis and CJ who have scored very poorly in intelligence exams and we have seen these guys really take a long time to translate their physical ability into results at the NFL level, likely as a result of their uptake issues. CJ is still struggling with it. It will be interesting if he can put it all together before he goes into physical decline.

Good point Badol - to be fair he DID start playing well late last season... It seems a blur but you're right. He's a very physical corner and now is able to track the ball.

This team shows good potential for next season if they can stay healthy. Another good draft , coaches with more experince, not sure about ST coach. The injuries this season are just too many.

Sadly, that is always the mantra of the Bills ... they should be good next year.

One last thing....am I alone or do you and others wish he would tone down on the celebrations? Maybe it's me, but the team was fighting to reach .500 and the kid just got here. Maybe he should go back to the sidelines and talk to his coaches in lieu of jumping into the stands, at least for now.

I generally agree, but in this case I think it was the right move. It was the kids first drive so obviously he was pumped, particularly running it in himself. Doing "the leap" not only fired up his teammates, it fired up the crowd at the Ralph even more than it already was.

When I see veteran players celebrate after every play when they are down by a bunch of points and essentially in garbage time annoys me to no end. But in this case, Thad's leap was all good as far as I am concerned.

We have been saying this a lot over the last 13 years.

Dareus is the baby of the DL in his third season......otherwise these guys in the middle to the backside of their careers.

Erik Pears, Urbik, Wood, Legursky.......these are veterans. I will be surprised if at least two of those guys...Pears and Legursky...don't need to be replaced with starting quality players by next season.

Your top receivers are Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler......also veterans.....and guys with injury issues.

Lawson and Leodis are older guys on that defense as well. Byrd is a vet and a free agent-to-be.

Fred Jackson is the oldest back in the league and CJ is already 26. Not young for their positions by any means.

Point is.......this is not a "young team". They have some young players, but most teams do. There are younger teams in this league winning right now.

They are just a regular NFL team that would be winning now if the franchise was committed to winning rather than simply wanting to win so long as it falls within their operating parameters.

the bills are the 3rd youngest team in the league!!!!!

Good comments - this was my first game since the OT loss to the Cowboys - and in my intermittent attendance I realize I have not seen the Bills win in person since the 1992 AFC Championship game. I got to sit in a corp box with the windows sealed - I think the "End Zone Club" - it stunk, no noise, there were 300 seats and maybe 60 people....my minor observations:

I think the Bills made a mistake by letting the clock run out at the end of the first. Cinci was tired, we had them on their heels - should have punched it in. The turn gave them a chance to catch their breath.

With no fan noise - got to hear Kelso's comments: Kelso can be tough because every Bill seems to be "outstanding" on every play but the one thing that he caught was the Bills were definitely set up defensively to stop passes to WR's opening themselves up to the run - this continued to the 4th - when we finally stacked the line.

Clearly - clearly - our offense has to get bigger in what it is trying to do. Teams are on to our "small ball" offense and its actually impressive that we have scored 20+ in every game - open it up!!

Edited by baskin

Hmmm....we have some veterans but this is a very young team.

At the start of the season we had.....

....9 starters who had 2 or less years of experience....

Williams, Alonso, Dareus, Gilmore, Bradham, Woods, Graham, Glenn, Manuel

....with a further 5+ key backups with 2 or less years of exp....

Summers, Goodwin, Robey/Rogers, Searcy, Tuel/Lewis

....and another 5 starters who had 4 or less years of exp....

Legursky/Brown, Wood, Urbik, Spiller, Carrington

....with a further 3+ key backups who had 4 or less years of exp....

Legursky/Brown, Moates, Hughes

As previously pointed out, we have the 3rd youngest team in the league......with 14 of 22 starters having 4 or less years experience coming into the season......plus another 8+ key backups.

the bills are the 3rd youngest team in the league!!!!!

Agreed. Of the real starters, only Jackson and KW are 30 or over (and KW is just 30). This team has some good, young talent. What they need are a few more pieces (LG, CB) and depth in a few spots (OL, LB, TE). Oh, yeah, and for EJ to be the real deal, plus a little bit of Killer Instinct. Get some of that and we're golden.....

Hmmm....we have some veterans but this is a very young team.

At the start of the season we had.....

....9 starters who had 2 or less years of experience....

Williams, Alonso, Dareus, Gilmore, Bradham, Woods, Graham, Glenn, Manuel

....with a further 5+ key backups with 2 or less years of exp....

Summers, Goodwin, Robey/Rogers, Searcy, Tuel/Lewis

....and another 5 starters who had 4 or less years of exp....

Legursky/Brown, Wood, Urbik, Spiller, Carrington

....with a further 3+ key backups who had 4 or less years of exp....

Legursky/Brown, Moates, Hughes

As previously pointed out, we have the 3rd youngest team in the league......with 14 of 22 starters having 4 or less years experience coming into the season......plus another 8+ key backups.

Thank you--I tried to make a similar point, but you really nailed it!

As far as the OL, Legursky was a step up from Brown, who is a center, not a guard, but I don't want to go there and get angry again. :)

I thought Wood played well. So did Glenn until he got toasted for a key sack, but one cannot expect perfection. Pears, who I often defend on this board, seemed to have his hands full. Urbik looked OK, but on TV, I have lots of problems watching right guards for whatever reason(s).

Remember, these guys were blocking for a rookie who can certainly run, but his pocket presence and vision are unknown at this point.

Thanks for that....even your Brown center/guard comment was very interesting(even though you didn't elaborate).

At this point I personally am willing to cut Lewis some slack over the celebrations. I can imagine that psychologically it must be difficult to find your place in regards to the fandom, having come in and replaced the new savior 1st round pick.

Edited by Dibs

Normally love your stuff but I feel your dead wrong on GIlmore

I agree with this. They had Gilmore playing off so he didn't have to jam the WR which is not his playing style. This seemed more like getting him in some game situations to knock the rust off. His attempt to tackle green was pretty bad but the club made it worse