Bills, Wood reach extension

eball

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods just tweeted he has a big announcement coming up.

He then limped off to meet with the foot doctor (Credit Rich Gensler for the joke).

He really did tweet about the big announcement though.

Edited by theesir

EJ practicing and now this!?!?

The Bills seem to be making up for all the crap that has happened in the past 72 hours

CBF

Let's hope the Manuel/Wood battery stays together as long and is as stellar as the Kelly/Hull combo.

This is GREAT news as Wood is truly one of the best at the position and is a player's player. He'll anchor that OL for years.

GO BILLS!!!

Please do not use "Snap" and Eric Wood in the same post!

LOL

eball, my good friend, if YE OLE is understanding you correctly... it appears that the Bills are able to extend Wood even without Levitre?

The news does make me feel a little tingle - not going to lie! :flirt:

Great example of how it should be done. Both sides negotiating over time to get the deal done. This plainly points up the difference between this and both the Levitre and Byrd situations where the players intended to hit FA no matter what.

Great example of how it should be done. Both sides negotiating over time to get the deal done. This plainly points up the difference between this and both the Levitre and Byrd situations where the players intended to hit FA no matter what.

in all fairness. Wood has had injury issues over his time being here. Not saying he's injury prone, but with more than his share of season ending injuries you've really gotta wonder how many looks he'd get for big money.

With that being said, I happen to agree with you on this one and can't help but wonder if the Bills were working with Wood so generously just to spite Byrd and Parker and show them how it's supposed to be done.

Well we all know "wood is good" but limp at times. He's gotten injured every year. The least he owes is negotiating time...

Levitre on the other hand should have been tagged or signed to long term...

Byrd is on the balance beam. I understand where he's coming from but I also understand where the FO is coming from...

in all fairness. Wood has had injury issues over his time being here. Not saying he's injury prone, but with more than his share of season ending injuries you've really gotta wonder how many looks he'd get for big money.

With that being said, I happen to agree with you on this one and can't help but wonder if the Bills were working with Wood so generously just to spite Byrd and Parker and show them how it's supposed to be done.

Good point on Wood. Also have to think the risk to wait would be weighed heavily by him. None the less, it does take two to make a deal which is my primary point. The player needs to be motivated to want to get a deal done. I do not believe in the take it or leave school of negotiating. Bad for business in the long term.

Just edited thread topic since the deal is apparently done. I hope this at least calls into question the thought by some that the Bills didn't try to reach out to Levitre or Byrd prior to their "walk year."

By the way -- breaking your leg or having your knee twisted doesn't make a guy "injury prone."

Just edited thread topic since the deal is apparently done. I hope this at least calls into question the thought by some that the Bills didn't try to reach out to Levitre or Byrd prior to their "walk year."

By the way -- breaking your leg or having your knee twisted doesn't make a guy "injury prone."

nevwr said it did. In fact I said he wasn't. But at the end of the day the guy has had season ending injuries in half of his seasons in the league.