Cowboys draft board leaked

isnt this not the first time this has happened to the cowboys?

also a few words of caution, when using the rounds, id remember this board has what, like 130 players on it, not a full 237 - just something to keep in mind. as well as they are rankings based on fit to their scheme, not just a general BPA - so Kiko as a Tampa 2 middle linebacker might be less valuable than as a 34 ILB, for instance.

Pictures of JJ in front of the cowboys draft board leaked and shows a lot of who they had and where they projected them. Most notable for us is that they had both EJ and Kiko in the 4th round.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/30/4378574/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-board-leaked-almost-complete-7-round-board

With romo's new deal I wouldn't imagine QB high on their list. Also if they were as needy at LB as we were, I wonder where the put kiko.

I really... really... after memory serves me of this happening before...believe this is posturing by the Cowboys. I think this is done as some sort of ad marketing ploy. Showing they got the guys they wanted most, getting their info and name talked about, and selling themselves so well.

I really... really... after memory serves me of this happening before...believe this is posturing by the Cowboys. I think this is done as some sort of ad marketing ploy. Showing they got the guys they wanted most, getting their info and name talked about, and selling themselves so well.

yea, to have it happen twice really with such a short gap in between its hard to believe its not on some level intentional and if so, you kind of have to question anything you are seeing on it.

They Drafted Travis Fredrick at #31 overall...That's all you need to know about that scouting department...I have close friends who are die-hard Cowboys fans...Every bit as die-hard as I am with the Bills...And they absolutely despise Jerry as a GM, and the Cowboys scouting department as a whole...

I would not pay any attention to what the Cowboys have on their board...Who cares? What have they done lately? B-)

@CBSSports

MT @PriscoCBS: So Cowboys had a 4th-round grade on E.J. Manuel: http://cbsprt.co/CowboysBoard

. Consistent with what 4 GMs told me they had for him.

Oh boy...here we go... :doh:

Wouldn't be too concerned given Jerrah's track record as GM.

Exactly... :thumbsup:

The Cowboys have not drafted well recently so I'm not looking to their draft board as the true measure of a player's skill, but this wouldn't fall only on JJ's poor drafting (lately). They I'm sure have many scouts, I would be interested to know the dynamics that 1.) Pushed him down their draft board to the 4th round when he was widely considered a late first-early second, top 3-4 QB in the draft, and conversely 2.) What did the Bills see differently to push him into the 1st round? Perhaps the Cowboys didn't meet him in person, which is what seemed to sell people on him. I know each QB had different strengths, different systems, blah blah, but just interesting to see the significant disparity in each organization's evaluations of the same player.

NFN, but just about every draft site I looked at had EJ slated as a 4th round pick before the senior bowl. He was the best QB in that game with passing stats, 7 of 10 for 76 yards, one TD passing, one running, one INT. Not very impressive stats, he just looked so much better then all the other QB's in a very weak QB class.

In the link below they talk about him moving from a 3-4 round pick into the 2nd round. At that time Mike Mayock mentioned he wouldn't be surprised if EJ moved to the top of the 1st round....so.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/27/3920108/senior-bowl-2013-ej-manuel-mvp-draft-stock

Anyway I h8 the Cowboys, and I'm happy that Jerry Jones thinks enough of himself to be his own GM.

I have close friends who are die-hard Cowboys fans...Every bit as die-hard as I am with the Bills...And they absolutely despise Jerry as a GM, and the Cowboys scouting department as a whole...

This times one million. You should only hear Cowboy fans B word about Jerrah's personnel abilities. Makes this place look like a love-in.

Look, they leaked this supposed draft board because JJ needs to have his ego boosted and be seen as a great draft guru. It's probably not even their real board. Why does this happen only to the Cowboys? This is a ploy. Personally I hope JJ keeps running the draft for them.

Wouldn't be too concerned given Jerrah's track record as GM.

There is the old scoreboard to consider:

Cowboys' record from 2007-2012 -- 55-41

Bills' record from 2007-2012 -- 36-60

I wouldn't be so quick to cast stones at the Cowboys' ability to identify talent. First of all, that really hasn't been their problem, and second of all they win more than they lose. Finally, the Cowboys' poor drafting is a media myth that doesn't bear up to scrutiny. I'm surprised knowledgeable fans here subscribe to it.

I wouldn't be so quick to cast stones at the Cowboys' ability to identify talent. First of all, that really hasn't been their problem, and second of all they win more than they lose. Finally, the Cowboys' poor drafting is a media myth that doesn't bear up to scrutiny. I'm surprised knowledgeable fans here subscribe to it.

While the Bills have not been good at all, the Cowboys have been the epitome of mediocrity. A 57% winning percentage with no real playoff success is nothing to brag about. Again, I'll say Jerrah's track record as a GM is less than impressive.

I don't know if it strengthens your argument or weakens it but I'm not sure why you track the record back to 2007.

Jones has been in control of the Cowboys since he bought the team (and fired Tex Schramm) in 1989 but assumed total control of football operations when he fired Jimmy Johnson in 1994.

On top of that some argue that Switzer's Super Bowl win was accomplished with Jimmy Johnson's players.

It might be more indicative of Jones' football acumen to track his won-lost record back to 1995.

@CBSSports

MT @PriscoCBS: So Cowboys had a 4th-round grade on E.J. Manuel: http://cbsprt.co/CowboysBoard

. Consistent with what 4 GMs told me they had for him.

I wonder how much due diligence Dallas did on the QBs. They spent their draft trying to support Romo, not replace him. They didn't need to spend the same amount of time/resources studying QBs that the Bills did.

Football clubs criteria varies from team to team on what the look for out of a player.

As San Jose just pointed out, the success of the Dallas Cowboys speaks for itself...

they also had barkley and nassib as seconds and we know where they went.

which proves squat, how many times was Tom Brady passed up,

or Russel Wilson because of his height disadvantage...

Edited by dog14787

I am really not even a little concerned as to Dallas' draft board. Teams draft boards vary quite a bit. We are so used to hearing Kiper, McShay and Mayock that we are surprised when anyone other than who they think is picked. I remember the shock a few years ago when Tyson Alualua (sp) went in the top 10 and Jax got ripped. He has been a decent player much better than Sed Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, etc...that went earlier in recent drafts. It is an inexact science and in 3 years we will know what kind of draft the Bills just had.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Does Robert Woods have character issues? Why wasn't he on their board? I think the fact that Kiko is even on their board at MLB, given that they are going to run a pure 43 cover 2 defense is a good sign that the Bills got a solid player there. Also of interest was seeing Jonathan Meeks rated as 6th rounder when everyone said he was going to be undrafted.

I think it just goes to further confirm that every team rates these guys differently, and that the scouting departments for these NFL teams do in fact work in a vacuum, and are only considering what they see and observe when evaluating a player.

Does Robert Woods have character issues? Why wasn't he on their board? I think the fact that Kiko is even on their board at MLB, given that they are going to run a pure 43 cover 2 defense is a good sign that the Bills got a solid player there. Also of interest was seeing Jonathan Meeks rated as 6th rounder when everyone said he was going to be undrafted.

I think it just goes to further confirm that every team rates these guys differently, and that the scouting departments for these NFL teams do in fact work in a vacuum, and are only considering what they see and observe when evaluating a player.

I doubt that would preclude them from drafting him even if he did given the fact that they drafted Dez Bryant.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz