The one and only TBD Political Thread

Simon

In an effort to avoid the unnecessary rancor which often proceeds political discussion we make a concerted effort to keep these forums free of political discussion and commentary, asking that all poster limit their political observations to the PPP section of these forums. However, today is election day here in the good 'ol USA so it only seems appropriate that we have one thread here on the main wall where folks can discuss politics to their heart's content. So have at it folks, with three conditions if you don't mind:

1) Do not enter this thread if you're bothered by political discourse or cannot handle divergent opinions; if you can't stand it, don't read it and then complain about it; just don't read it at all.

2) Limit political commentary to this thread only; anything outside of this thread will be considered the unwelcome violation it always has been and will be treated as such.

3) I know folks get hot about politics, but at least make an honest effort to keep it civil before you go beating your friends about the head ; - )

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy

Yeah, this ought to be entertaining :devil:

OK, I'll start.

Once again I will not be voting for either a Democrat or a Republican as I don't believe that either party represents the interests of this country or its people. Instead they serve only themselves and the special interests which financially support their particular partisan ideologies. If they want my vote, they can start with a movement to install term limits and open primaries.

I'm casting for Gary Johnson, who I'm sure will win in a massive landslide of public support!

I'm suprised GJ is getting so much support. I love Ron Paul but will be voting GJ mainly for two reason, 1: There is no reason to vote Romney as Obama won NY about 30 years ago and 2: If the Libretarian party gets 5% of the vote, they will get federal election funding for the next election cycle. That my friends could end this BS two party system and bring back more freedom to this country.

Gary Johnson is my man!

PS: please dont vote for a single incumbant (yes including president). If you happen to be in a swing state, please don't waste your vote on Johnson though.

Edited by peterpan

Wow, look at the love for Libertarian Party. My first part affiliation was Libertarian. As a District Resident for 14 years, I became a registered Democrat as the Democratic primary was the defacto election. Now a registered Republican...so I got em all covered in the last twenty years Lol.

I, for one, think this is a terrible idea.

Politics should stay on PPP and off of the main board.

Even on Election Day.

It just sends the wrong signal WRT posting habits.

Or do you just enjoy the hypocrisy that's allowed as a mod/admin?

Agreed. Take it somewhere else. It'll build acrimony between people that'll spill over into threads this forum was intended for.

After being bombarded with ads for the congressional battle between Collins & Hochul, I walk into my polling place to discover with re-districting that is no longer my district. WTF!!!

That really sucks. I went to the polling place for the first time in my new location to find an 11x17 scan-tron with a privacy cover that made it impossible to actually do the ballet. And naturally no one can help you because they can't see your ballet and I'm just suppose to know WTF I'm doing like I've been there a million times.

Its voters like you that have this country in the mess that it is. Do the responsable thing and get your butts out and vote that bum Obama out of office! This is serious stuff. I don't want our grandchildren to have to pay for this mess. Oh and getting a social security check some day would be nice too.

I, for one, think this is a terrible idea.I

Even on Election Day.

Agreed.

PTR

Voting in NY is such a joke. I walked in, told them my name, and that’s it. They asked for no ID, no piece of mail, they didn't even verbally confirm where I lived. Anyone could have walked in and told them my name and voted in my stead, or me in theirs. Considering you can register by mail, they have no way to confirm if I even live in that town, statte, or even the COUTNRY. Heck, I should have taken the entire day today and driven around the city voting for dozens of other people at different poling places. If I planned ahead, I could have registered total strangers or figments of my immagination to vote and voted for all of them too.

Then to top it off, the instructions they gave me to actually cast the ballot into the machine were in SPANISH. Holy s***, how embarrassing.

http://www.isidewith.com/

check out this site

most voters will be surprised by the results

be sure to check out the 3rd answer option which has other more specific alternatives

i did this yesterday. i agree, it focuses on the core issues all voters should be encouraged to use it. dr jill stein should get my vote per the survey but obama was a close second. not gonna waste my vote, so "4 more years". Edited by birdog1960

i did this yesterday. i agree, it focuses on the core issues all voters should be encouraged to use it. dr jill stein should get my vote per the survey but obama was a close second. not gonna waste my vote, so "4 more years".

I had my very right father-in-law take it to which he was PO'ed afterwards. My wife and I got a good laugh out of it though.

http://www.isidewith.com/

check out this site

most voters will be surprised by the results

be sure to check out the 3rd answer option which has other more specific alternatives

I took every question (you can expand some of the categories) and used the more options tab a lot and I agree 90% with Gary Johnson which is who I voted for.

However if you don't understand or think about the issues you still won't get a good result.

Rosanne Barr got my vote!!! That's one sexy B word who can sing the National Anthem better than Carl Lewis. Man she's sexy!!! Go Rosanne, Go Rosanne!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer::oops: Drank too much last night. Can I take my vote back?

Edited by Dopey

My candidate will single handedly change the entire country. Everything in my life will be improved once my candidate wins. However if he doesn't win, I will spend every single day ripping the other guy and rooting for him to fail. My gang is the only thing I care about.

I, for one, think this is a terrible idea.

Even on Election Day.

Anyone else posted this and it would have been moved.

This is just wrong.

Gary Johnson gets my vote

DC Tom has just one word for you! :P

From what they are saying on tv, if you aren't voting in ohio, iowa, wisconsin, colorado, virginia, pennsylvania or florida....don't bother.

Me...i listen careful to all sides and watch the debates, read the papers, watch the ads....and then vote democrat.

after recent studies NC may not be so decided too. I wanted to vote one way but could not and there was no way I would have voted a separate way as the third option. Its just not a good election this year

Edited by jboyst62

Its voters like you that have this country in the mess that it is. Do the responsable thing and get your butts out and vote that bum Obama out of office! This is serious stuff. I don't want our grandchildren to have to pay for this mess. Oh and getting a social security check some day would be nice too.

Shoulda thought of that when Bush was sending $600 to every taxpayer just prior to his reelection (which added to the deficit) and started a massively expensive war with Iraq (which massively added to the deficit). The Bush gov't did just as much as Obama to get us into this mess, and if your remember, inherited a balanced budget.

Believe me, Washington politicians don't mind adding to the debt, they just want to be the ones spending the borrowed money.

easy choice for me.. it was a distinct pleasure having my vote mean something today.. moving to p a, it was refreshing voting for romney, unlike ny state where your vote means nothing in a presidential election if you choose to vote republican.

Edited by dwight in philly

If you want to see where the $ is going (gambling):http://www.intrade.c...isc/scoreboard/

You can wager on items like these (Yes/No):

• The Dow Jones to close on or above 13,000 on 30 Dec 2012
  • al-Assad no longer president before midnight ET 31 Dec 2012
  • The United States or Israel to bomb Iran before the end of 2013
  • Magnitude 9.0 (or higher) earthquake to occur before midnight ET 31 Dec 2012

Edited by Mr Info