Everyone stop by and say something nice about Mckelvin

Just noticed on replay that Mck was charging around the corner on the missed 38 yard fg. Feely saw him coming........Mighty Taskerlike IMO

McK has been an all around stud this season. I am very pleased w his play and he should be in running for pro bowl special teamer as it stands.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'll give him props for his ST play, especially on that one play where he was the gunner and stopped Peterson for no gain on the kickoff. That was impressive. He wasn't too shabby in nickle with a good tackle and a nice pass breakup. Playing all over the place!

One of my buddies always used to say "punting to danger" whenever Roscoe would be back there. This year he looked at me and said "punting to new danger?" and Leodis returned it 88 yards.

Also he had an excellent pass break up this Sunday. Lovin me some McKelvin lately. I really like the swagger he brings to the field as I feel it is something that has been missing/needed more from Buffalo.

One of my buddies always used to say "punting to danger" whenever Roscoe would be back there. This year he looked at me and said "punting to new danger?" and Leodis returned it 88 yards.

Also he had an excellent pass break up this Sunday. Lovin me some McKelvin lately. I really like the swagger he brings to the field as I feel it is something that has been missing/needed more from Buffalo.

Yes sir. He's a threat in the return game. Loving it

I'll definitely say he's been great on special teams, so good, that he'd probably be in my imaginay top-5 list of players this season thus far for the Bills.

But can anyone really say he's been good on D? He still gets picked on by QBs and was beat out by Justin Rogers for the nickle job.

Word is, he's a really good rah rah guy in the locker room too. Get em goin McKelvin!!!!

He hasn't played much d since game 1. He took the scapegoat for the jets game over Kerleys push off.

Rogers and Williams were brutal vs pats. Would have liked to see mck get some more nickel time

This threads primarily ST he has been bringing the heat be it FG block duties or KR/PR

Now that he's not relied upon to be a starting CB, I think he has found his niche in nickle/dime packages. Also, props to McLovin for his special teams play. How Leodis has responded to his diminished role on defense, IMO, is a good indication about his character. He is willing to swallow his pride, work hard, and do what he needs to do to get on the football field.

One of my favorite lacrosse coaches always told us, "you have to show me that I cannot afford to have you sitting on the bench." I think McKelvin has proved that to this coaching staff.

I like McKelvin...I am afraid his career numbers won't justify what it will take to re-sign him. I think, as much as anything, he has been marginal as a starting corner, because of bad coaching/schemes. I seem to recall a rumor a couple seasons ago where the Broncos wanted to make him the Buffalo center-piece of a deal that would have sent Tebow to Buffalo...pre-NFL Tebow-mania. So, there are obviously some NFL people out there who think he has some talent to work with. I just find it hard to believe that every DB this team has had in the last 8 years or so is as bad and hopeless as they have looked in Buffalo...

As a special teamer, he has been great..not sure if that will be enough to justify keeping him. I like him though!

He's a FAR better cover man than Williams. Only liability in the past for him was tracking the ball but he appeared to be remedying that toward the end of last year after a benching. He's always been able to stick to his man like glue. I think the team is a bit foolish for not getting him out there more on D.

Hes our Devin Hester! Id love to see him get reps on offense!

But what i did notice is that when hes having a good game returning kicks, he takes the momentum to defense...

Happy for the kid!

Yeah, he's got the ball skills for it.

GO BILLS!!!

McKelvin is like the WRs shadow in coverage. He sticks right with him stride for stride, just don’t ask him to stick his hand up a swat the ball down!!! McKelvins issue has always been his ball skills, they are unfortunately so bad it makes him useless as a corner.

As a PRer, he has been great. I actually rode a tram in the Atlanta airport with him and Andra Davis. McKelvin was wearing all bills colors, shoes, hat, earphones, and a Bills hoodie. Some little schmeeb Patsies* fan started chirping him about how they he was a Pats fan and what a good game it was the week before (we had just beat the Pats, this was last year) McKelvin was hilarious listening to him talk to this total stranger who had no ideae McKelvin was actually ON the team. He was definitely animated. I didn't say anything to them, because I didn't want them to get mobbed in the airport, but Andra Davis did catch me staring at them....quite awkward.

Yeah, he's got the ball skills for it.

GO BILLS!!!

On screens or Wild Cat me may not be that bad, but I would rather use CJ or Graham in those roles anyways.

He's our best STer since Tasker. Big statement but he is an animal on STs. And he has never once puted about losing his job. It's funny how people used to kill McKelvin yet our corners are still getting beat.

Personally, I'd love to keep him. The 1st round pick is a sunken cost and he has all the talent in the world to be a really good corner.

He's our best STer since Tasker. Big statement but he is an animal on STs. And he has never once puted about losing his job. It's funny how people used to kill McKelvin yet our corners are still getting beat.

Personally, I'd love to keep him. The 1st round pick is a sunken cost and he has all the talent in the world to be a really good corner.

bing bing.....this is exactly how i feel.......he should get another shot at nickel though welker took a number 2 on rogers all day. might as well give mck another shot......its funny how aaron williams can get beat everyweek and keep his job.

bing bing.....this is exactly how i feel.......he should get another shot at nickel though welker took a number 2 on rogers all day. might as well give mck another shot......its funny how aaron williams can get beat everyweek and keep his job.

I do agree there is a double standard with McKelvin. McKelvin rarely gets flat out beat. He jsut can't find the ball in the air.

I posted during the game that he is "my favorite Bill, sadly". He comes to play, and has loads of talent. It is up to the coaches to put him in place to use it, and keep him out of situations where he is a liability.

He plays with pride, and if the rest of the team played with as much, the Bills would be a playoff team.

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm

One play in Leodis' career stands out to me as to his desire and gutsiness.

It was last year vs the Titans. He was back for a punt or KO, don't remember. But the kick was short and some other Bill picked it up and started running with it. Leodis ran past the ball carrier and completely pummeled a Titan Line Backer that had to out wiegh him by at least 50lbs. Leodis went back to the bench, but the Titan LB didn't get up. The training staff had to come over and help him up.

That in addition to all the other great plays he's made.

I also think he's a much better DB than given credit for here on TBD. Light years better than Williams. And to my way of thinking should be playing at CB a lot more. Part of the reason for our success on D last week I believe was more Leodis at CB and less of Aaron Williams.

I hope he gets re signed in the off season. We have to keep the talent we do have.

He's a FAR better cover man than Williams. Only liability in the past for him was tracking the ball but he appeared to be remedying that toward the end of last year after a benching. He's always been able to stick to his man like glue. I think the team is a bit foolish for not getting him out there more on D.

agreed

Just noticed on replay that Mck was charging around the corner on the missed 38 yard fg. Feely saw him coming........Mighty Taskerlike IMO

McK has been an all around stud this season. I am very pleased w his play and he should be in running for pro bowl special teamer as it stands.

\

Gave him props in another thread, quietly having a solid season to date...

I'll give him props for his ST play, especially on that one play where he was the gunner and stopped Peterson for no gain on the kickoff. That was impressive. He wasn't too shabby in nickle with a good tackle and a nice pass breakup. Playing all over the place!

are you a former employee of Stafford CC? Can't be too many ham sandwiches out there....

Edited by RichmondRob

I do agree there is a double standard with McKelvin. McKelvin rarely gets flat out beat. He jsut can't find the ball in the air.

Maybe if Chan had a little Lou Brown in him he'd get the man a pair of glasses like he did for Ricky Vaughn dammit.

I was buying the training camp reports about McKelvin performing well covering the slot receivers. I thought it translated well into the preseason games and I could envsion him being a better option to cover a guy like Welker. Then came the Jets game and that was the end of that. Still, his worst play was with his back turned and trying to find the ball which is the situation in which he often fails but he could succeed in most of the other coverage scenarios. For some reason the Bills think otherwise.

He's having a great ST year. That said I still would take Terrance McGee in his prime. I doubt McKelvin is here if Harris pans out. Unless he is very realistic in his new contract demands. Somehow I feel he will want big bucks. teams just don't lay out that, for special teamers. He's still IMO a liability in coverage, the main reason he was drafted for.

I think it is a benefit for him to play DB only in nickel/dime packages. When he was out there full time it seemed like he got flustered and bad things would compound. By having him out there only part-time he gets a chance to come off the field and get calmed down and mentally ready to go back in. I wonder if another team/coaching staff would be able to work with him to enable him to play full time as a DB, He may not be that valuable if he is only seen as a part-time DB, unless his punt return skills are enough to make him valuable without worrying too much about his DB skills.

When Leodis showed up on my screen at corner back Sunday i took notice that Chan had him on the field again, So i watched him play ready with and oh no!. He did well very well indeed. I still think Rogers is the man at Nick but that still leaves some opportunity for him in the dime and such.

From early on i noticed Leodis gives the game his all most every play regardless of position, even after he got beat. I have a great respect for him.

He just did not turn out to be the player we wished we drafted.

I think he is being used perfectly and is tearing it up. And no errors on ST i think?

Great football player and asset to the team in more ways than one.

McGee is starting to come around too i noticed in the AZ game.

Williams is an issue for me. Cant wait for Brooks.

Go Leodis Go Bills