If Evans gets cut do you want him back

ALLEN1QB

If Baltimore cuts Evans would anyone like to see him back in Buffalo?

Not sure how to insert one of those voting things. I would like to see what the majority says. If anyone has the time please do one.

Edited by BLEDSOE1QB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...is that a great question. I am guessing it would be weird for him to be back. One day, he's the leader making 9M a year, the next he's grovelling for incentive-laden vet minimum? I can't see him wanting to do it. For the Bills? Why not? There aren't too many options out there who can score 3 TDs in a game.

I see him more of a Patriots guy...or maybe a San Diego guy after VJ leaves.

I heard one of the football talking heads on FOX sports radio, last night, speculating, should Evans become a free-agent, he may end up playing for his childhood favorite, Celveland Browns.

If he grew up a Browns fan it is almost certain he hated Baltimore, who stole the Browns. All of a sudden the crappy season and almost intentional looking drop in the championship game, might make a little sense. Maybe if he came back he would be a back to his old self.

Yes for the right price. I would also like to see him used in a Wes Welker kind of role at times. Lee has all the tools to be able to do so and he is still a lot faster than Welker. Roscoe Parrish was excelling in that role this past season until he again ended on IR. Lee has more size and other than last year with the Ravens had been VERY durable and played pretty much every game.

Wow, great question.

I was so pissed when they got rid of him. Now, I don't really want him back all that much. I'd favor V. Jack or M. Colsten.

Weird.

He could come back and play the slot position Roscoe will probably be vacating. Not as a number two. A number 3? Yeah, Evans could do that.

The Bills didn't like Lee at his old price tag. If he only wants $1Mill per season they might reconsider. We can use the speed and there's no denying the fact that S. Johnson played better with Evans on his side.

Edited by NoJustice

Yes for the right price. I would also like to see him used in a Wes Welker kind of role at times. Lee has all the tools to be able to do so and he is still a lot faster than Welker. Roscoe Parrish was excelling in that role this past season until he again ended on IR. Lee has more size and other than last year with the Ravens had been VERY durable and played pretty much every game.

I always love the "take this underachieving WR here and just....make him Wes Welker!" strategy. Easy, peasy, Japanesey!

As for Evans, I agree with the poster above who said 2d acts don't tend to play well. I think there are better WR options available in FA.

Wow...is that a great question. I am guessing it would be weird for him to be back. One day, he's the leader making 9M a year, the next he's grovelling for incentive-laden vet minimum? I can't see him wanting to do it. For the Bills? Why not? There aren't too many options out there who can score 3 TDs in a game.

I see him more of a Patriots guy...or maybe a San Diego guy after VJ leaves.

Yeah like in an Ochocinco role.

Maybe my memory is hazy, but didn't it come out that Evans asked the Bills for a trade? If that is the case, much as I always liked the guy (my favorite Bill of the last decade), why would you want him back? Given what happened with Evans in 2010, and Gailey's criticism of Evans, it seems that Evans just does not fit in Gailey's offense.

That doesn't mean to say that he is useless, and can't help some team out... people who insist that the Ravens got snookered in the trade with the Bills, ignore the fact that Evans was injured for most of the season, almost from day one with the Ravens. That gave the Ravens a chance to look at rookie Torrey Smith, who was terrific (particualarly early in the season) and it was tough for Evans to get playing time. Now, unfortunately, the lasting impression of Evans is going to be that drop in the AFC championship game...it was the result of a heads up play by a DB, as much as it was a poor play by Evans.

And we complain about our front office? :doh:

PTR

haha. It is funny to see the Bills on the winning side of a trade for once. But the Ravens history of drafting, etc. is much better than the Bills. That said, I'd take him back if: (1) he were cheap; (2) we still drafted another WR. Lee is a good burner, but he has shown that he lacks the ability to transition his game as Mike Wallace did for the Steelers into burner/route runner. But he would open up the game: SJ, Evans, FA WR? or draft.

He could come back and play the slot position Roscoe will probably be vacating. Not as a number two. A number 3? Yeah, Evans could do that.

Evans cannot play the slot. He never has been and never will be an over ethe middle receiver. No thanks on Lee Evans. I was pretty happy to see him go at the time actually. It was the right time to move on, even if the plan to utilize younger receivers did not work out due to injuries.

At the start of last year it looked like the Bills would have to many WR's, and be forced to cut someone decent. But then by the end of the year they were pulling guys off the street trying to make that 4-5 WR empty backfield set work.

I'd certainly take the guy back, even at this stage of his career he has got to be better then the current #2 WR on the roster...Brad Smith...or how about Ruvell Martain, Kamar Aiken, Naaman Roosevelt, Derak Hagan?

This team still hasn't signed Stevie Johnson...

Not sure how to insert one of those voting things. I would like to see what the majority says. If anyone has the time please do one.

Yes, he is better than any deep threat that we presently have and he gets the respect of the secondary.

I think he would be much better on the comeback than Peerless Price was.

No. He was hurt quite a bit last year and I want to see us build around younger, bigger players.

Wow. I honestly feel he never developed any chemistry or sync with Fitz. So I guess I would prefer the Bills to give someone new to the org. a try.

At the start of last year it looked like the Bills would have to many WR's, and be forced to cut someone decent. But then by the end of the year they were pulling guys off the street trying to make that 4-5 WR empty backfield set work.

What I think is that the Bills need to lose that 4-5 WR empty backfield set.