Trying to be reasonable here

mrags

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

You’re entitled to your opinion.  I have a differing one. I don’t think Dallas would’ve taken worthy, but who knows.  Maybe SF…. But I don’t think so.  Doesn’t fit imo.  

I don’t think we would’ve stuck it to KC.  I think they would’ve gotten him at 32 and kept their 3rd.  We’ll never know

Dallas had no interest in worthy after they let Tyron Smith go they where pretty much going oline in the draft. I could see the 49ers taking worthy though maybe the Chiefs felt he’d be a 49er now. As obviously they where going receiver after taking Pearsall 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Here’s where I’m at right now. 

I would have been happy with Mitchell or McConkey at 28 without any trades. And we traded back and got, not extra picks, but made our later picks better in the process. 

Now, if they go with that DB/S tomorrow at 33 I’m gonna be livid. 

If they take Mitchell, McConkey, Franklin, I’ll be perfectly happy with it. As I would have been at 28. 

Now; with that all said, you picked up the extra 3rd rounder, and now have some better ammo with the four 5th rounders. So i really really hope they are active tomorrow. Getting either an extra 2nd by moving back into the 2nd rd. Or moving up from 60 to the 40s or something. And then hopefully moving up in the 3rd again too. 

I will wait and see what he does. 

BUT……
I am absolutely with most agreeing that you shouldn’t give KC the chance to take a guy that can smoke you for years to come. If worthy or Legette are the real deal in this league we look like fools again. No matter who we take.

Great post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This^^ The Bills didn’t want Worthy, that much should be obvious. Worrying about the Chiefs taking a player you didn’t value is a loser mentality. 

Bilichick was asked this exact question on why would Buffalo trade with the Chiefs.  Basically, what you said.  You do whats best for your team.  This point your not concerned with what any other organization is doing.  With Buffalo’s track record they have a plan and have earned the benefit to see what that plan is.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don't think we have four 4ths. I'm pretty sure we went into yesterday with 2 and traded one. So I think we have 1 fourth left.

Sorry, you're right.  We have four 5ths.  My mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

So we should have stayed at 28 and drafted a player we could’ve had later, while not getting an extra 3rd rd pick….just so KC wouldn’t be able to give us a free 3rd rd pick in order to select a player that may have been there when they picked at 32?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

worrying about other teams = fail

worrying about building your own team = yes please 

do what’s best for your team.  Worrying about what other teams are doing is for losers.  Jmo

I endorse this take!

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Sorry, you're right.  We have four 5ths.  My mistake.

The interesting thing is if you look at the 4 - 5ths we now have, two of them are in the 1st 10 picks of the 5th round

In theory, we should be able to package 2 of the 5ths or a 5th and a 6th to move up into the 4th if we wish, or, package one with our late 2nd or late 3rd to move up in that respective round

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They won the last two Super Bowls.  LOL.  I'm also a little dubious of their ability to scout WR's with spending premium draft picks on Hardman, Moore, and Rice.

Doc is right. This is the trend people are forgetting.  This whole trade back will depend on whether Worthy pans out or not. Obviously our scouts were less impressed than KC. And I too had my issues with Worthy like size, durability and just a straight line speedster like Ross/Goodwin.  We have 2 second round picks. Maybe we use a 4th & 5th to get another? I guess my biggest fear is if we double dip on wrs, it will be lower tier guys like Wilson, Rice, McCaffrey.....

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Our WR room is Shakir, Curtis Samuel, Mark Hollins, Justin Shorter (& some practice squad players). That's laughably sad.

Mitchell takes plays off & is said to be uncoachable. Troy Franklin is skinnier than a marathon runner & can't get off press coverage. McConkey has the same skill set Shakir already gives us. All would be fine picks as the SECOND WR wr drafted. None replace the 1st rounders we missed out / passed up on. 

Good luck Josh. This will be a bottom 5 WR room next year.

But trying to find a positive side, we gave KC their Tyreek 2.0 target to beat us with for the next 5 years & the Panthers appreciate  getting the A.J. Brown / DK Metcalf love child at WR. So that was nice of us. 

Hello.

It's April 26th

The season starts in September.

That Is All

OK, no, I lied.  One more thing.  If your concern is Troy Franklin being "skinnier than a marathon runner", how do you describe the skinniness of Xavier Worth?  Did he get beefier because KC drafted him?

Here is some catharsis for those of you fearing Worthy: (I liked Worthy but came across these during draft season)

Here is another:

I really like Worthy as a prospect but for now I will choose to focus on these highlights lol

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mrags said:

I would have been happy with Mitchell or McConkey at 28 without any trades. And we traded back and got, not extra picks, but made our later picks better in the process. 

If they take Mitchell, McConkey, Franklin, I’ll be perfectly happy with it. As I would have been at 28. 

Now; with that all said, you picked up the extra 3rd rounder, and now have some better ammo with the four 5th rounders. So i really really hope they are active tomorrow. Getting either an extra 2nd by moving back into the 2nd rd. Or moving up from 60 to the 40s or something. And then hopefully moving up in the 3rd again too. 

BUT……
I am absolutely with most agreeing that you shouldn’t give KC the chance to take a guy that can smoke you for years to come. If worthy or Legette are the real deal in this league we look like fools again. No matter who we take.

If they Bills had wanted Worthy, they could have drafted him, but they didn't, so think it's a safe assumption to say they didn't want him.   So what should the Bills have done drafted Worthy anyway even if they don't think he's any good just to prevent KC from getting him?  And what would have stopped KC from still getting him by either waiting until 32 or trading up with another team?

So explain to me how they could have prevented KC from getting him?  Love to hear this one!

8 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

There is no reasonable. You simply don’t let your arch rival trade up and get the player they want. It’s an inexcusable move imo. 

I could care less about value or the possibility of them trading up with another team, you simply never make a move like this for fear it can come back to bite you as it did with Mahomes. 

Stop trying to justify any of it, there really is no debating how stupid this was. 

So they should have drafted a guy they didn't want who likely the Bills don't think it going to be that good, just so KC doesn't get him.

Great idea!!  Love the way you think!!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I guess you read my post wrong. I was simply trying to explain that I don’t necessarily hate what happened as far as not taking a player. I like worthy, not as much as many here I’ll admit that. But I did like him. I was fine if they didn’t draft him and they have trades on other guys they like better. 

And I generally do not care about giving another team the pick and taking the player they want anyway. Fact is, you’re correct, they likely would have gotten him anyway. I still don’t want to be the team to give it to them. Either way, still doesn’t bother me. 

But it is noted the media brought up last night ok both NFLN and ESPN that it’s the Bills that gave up Mahomes, and laughed at us for how that has worked out. Here’s the thing, I generally don’t care about losing out on Mahomes. I’d honestly take Allen every time if I had the chance. I think Mahomes is a douche. But, it does kind of get old having to hear the same thing over and over again when someone brings it up. And we didn’t again. Granted it’s not one of the best QBs of all time we’re talking about so I guess there’s that. 

even still, I don’t care about giving them a player and agree that we shouldn’t worry about other teams. I don’t. I’m just sick of hearing the same crap other and over. And if Worthy is the next Hill for KC, we will never hear the end of it. 

someone here pointed out tho, that even though the Bills had no more first round grades on anyone and that’s why they’re back, it still could be that maybe Worthy or Legette or Pearsal (kind of a joke) were our next 3 WRs on board and now we don’t have an opportunity to pick one of them. In his presser last night Beane did say he expected to pick at 32 after the trade. So what changed? 3 guys at a position of need were now gone and we went with another trade back because of it. Which is fine imo. UNLESS….. you covet having the first round pick on someone for the 5th round option. And let’s be real about that here it isn’t huge advantage, especially on a position like WR, to get them for that extra year before they need to renegotiate a contract worth 20-30m.

But I really was trying to say that I don’t feel terrible about what happened, I have positives and negatives for what happened. I hope they use those picks and move around today like Kevin Costner in draft day. Making it all worth it. 

Copy that.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Sorry about that my guy.  

the last paragraph is where I differ, but you’re not the only one saying that.  I just don’t care what people talk about and how things are seen.  I only care about winning a SB and making trades that best benefit us.  I don’t care about how the other teams are making out.  

KC has their fair share of draft pick trade blunders.  Just so happens that the 2 that are associated with us turned out to be great for KC.  No one associates Skyy Moore with us, but I do.  I thought he’d be a target for us 2 years ago and then they traded up ahead of us and snagged him.  But he’s 💩 

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Here is a simple minded question. If kc was going to get worthy regardless, why would they move up and be willing to give away draft capital just to move 4 spots when no matter what , as you so strongly say, there was no way anyone else might want him and it was inevitable he was going to kc ?  Just to play mind games w mcd /beane again?   Appears they were concerned another team might want him, or maybe we had some other offers?  It’s a fair question, and just because someone has a diff opinion than your speculation, does not justify name calling like weak, simple minded, or just pathetic.  Something made them move up right?. Not just for giggles. /

Isn’t  it bad enough after each blown loss to the chefs, even a home playoff loss now as they got yet  another Lombardi , that the press and fans always remind people how mahomes got to kc ? He will always be tied to mcd/ white and so far ALLEN’s Bills have 0 meaningful playoff wins over mahomes/ KC!   ZERO.  And , we are regressing in terms of playoff advancement. 

Now, PERHAPS. we can also be reminded we helped them get a guy faster than hill ( who already helped defeat us once in the playoffs as mcd  had no answers to control him under Reid in route to a prior SB) , while our own wr corp currently remains  the subject of ridicule as we absorb 31 mil in dead cap from another great beane deal ( like Von and the  dt from Carolina).   Typical more Billsy lore !   But why not avoid the superior air snide comments, passive aggressive language , which is very unbecoming.  It’s ok to have other viewpoints rather than only from those  that are blessed with flawless , SPECULATIVE ( forgive me if this is Brandon) knowledge.   Relax , no one on here is employed by the bills w exclusive insider knowledge or able to foresee the future.  The chiefs traded up for a reason , so they didn’t know worthy was theirs one way or another. Another chiefs player now linked to “ using the Bills”.   Wonder why some franchises still have ZERO  Lombardi trophies  after 55 years, and others jusr keep progressing and adapting.  Some have vision and don’t draft/ play “ not to lose”.  Just an opinion, not dogma!  

So what should the Bills have done to prevent this, draft a guy they don't want and didn't think is going to be a great player?? 

Beane is an idiot!! He should have thought I don't want Worthy, but can't let KC take him so I'll draft him anyway, a guy I don't think will be very good, but who cares as long as KC isn't getting him is all that matters!  That's the kind of thinking we need out GM to have!!

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If they Bills had wanted Worthy, they could have drafted him, but they didn't, so think it's a safe assumption to say they didn't want him.   So what should the Bills have done drafted Worthy anyway even if they don't think he's any good just to prevent KC from getting him?  And what would have stopped KC from still getting him by either waiting until 32 or trading up with another team?

So explain to me how they could have prevented KC from getting him?  Love to hear this one!

So they should have drafted a guy they didn't want who likely the Bills don't think it going to be that good, just so KC doesn't get him.

Great idea!!  Love the way you think!!

KC has a much better judge of who’s good and who’s not judging by their 3 Super Bowl rings. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

As I said.  Simple minded way of thinking.  This is just ridiculous.  We should taken Worthy….. just so KC doesn’t get them….

LOL.  Listen to yourself. Weak

or...you call the other teams...below or even above and say KC trying to move up. Whatcu got?

33 minutes ago, section122 said:

Here is some catharsis for those of you fearing Worthy: (I liked Worthy but came across these during draft season)

Here is another:

I really like Worthy as a prospect but for now I will choose to focus on these highlights lol

I'm not gonna lie, I was absolutely ready to troll-post these if we took him at 28 and say he's going to fit right in here

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cale said:

or...you call the other teams...below or even above and say KC trying to move up. Whatcu got?

FTR, that 3 might as well be a 4. Im flushing 4s all day to get Worthy.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

KC has a much better judge of who’s good and who’s not judging by their 3 Super Bowl rings. 

And how would you have prevented KC from getting Worthy?

Other than drafting themselves, a guy they didn't want who likely the Bills don't think it going to be that good, just so KC doesn't get him.

As has been pointed out, KC's record with drafting WR wasn't that good.

So was Worthy the guy you were hoping they'd pick at 28, if so can at least understand why you're mad.  But this entire cut off my nose to spite my face argument is really dumb!

Actually I'm thrilled they didn't take a 165 pound WR and got extra picks out of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cale said:

Or….maybe he did?   He said he talked to at least 6-7 teams. 

In terms of burying the lede, what does it say about our franchise and coaching that another team can take a sucky WR and make him (very likely) a world beater. They had Kadarious Toney and made him serviceable. I didn't want Worthy. Another undersized, underperforming speedster.

But it does bear the question of our strengths and weaknesses. Not least of which is either
a) They have a better scouting department
or
b) We're not listening to our scouting department

So yeah, I have concerns. KC has weaknesses too. But they seem to be able to cover them up and win championships.  They also have been picking at the bottom of each round of the draft for how many years now? So is that not an indictment on us?

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Bilichick was asked this exact question on why would Buffalo trade with the Chiefs.  Basically, what you said.  You do whats best for your team.  This point your not concerned with what any other organization is doing.  With Buffalo’s track record they have a plan and have earned the benefit to see what that plan is.  

Belichik the draft genius speaks.

11 hours ago, mrags said:

BUT……

Use the same rationale for Beane trusting his evaluators instincts. Do you think if the Bills had a first round grade on worthy or Leggette they wouldn’t have taken him? They have a plan. Trust our GM and if in three years he gets fired because this draft was a disaster and it lead to losing then we will know won’t we. Truth is we just don’t know.

even though we have lots of NFL caliber talent evaluators here.

🤡🤡🤡

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

As I said.  Simple minded way of thinking.  This is just ridiculous.  We should taken Worthy….. just so KC doesn’t get them….

LOL.  Listen to yourself. Weak

When was the last time we have had a receiver that can flat out smoke any DB on the opposing team.  So instead of taking a chance on this guy an bulking him up in the weight room a little, we just pass on him and move further down the draft list.  Teams this year went up in this draft to get better talent,  not backwards. 

Listen to yourself, going backwards or taking a step backwards in anything is considered counterproductive.  

If Worthy comes out this year, and torches the other teams that KC plays,  after adding this guy to their roster,  and we are still working with our pathetic hodge podge receiving corps I bet you will start to sing a different toon.....

Their is a common consensus with other Bills fans,  that all agree that this move did not make us a better team...  let's get real, KC got better.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I think they’re going Dejean, they just value versatility, defensive backs, and elite ceiling too much to pass here.

I think they trade back up from the bottom of the round and grab a WR, likely Franklin is their target in this scenario, imo. 

I really hope not with regards to Dejean.  If we get him I obviously hope he's great but I do not see him as a difference maker.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Hello.

It's April 26th

The season starts in September.

That Is All

OK, no, I lied.  One more thing.  If your concern is Troy Franklin being "skinnier than a marathon runner", how do you describe the skinniness of Xavier Worth?  Did he get beefier because KC drafted him?

The breakdowns ahead of the draft say Franklin struggles w/ press coverage and blocking on film. Worthy is shorter & faster, they have a tougher time getting hands on him.

Now in fairness I'm not sure Worthy's frame holds up when he does get hit & they said he did have some drops & some concentration issues.

My point is our WR room is not nearly good enough & I don't see the remaining players on the board fixing that (also have an issue w/ compensation received but that's a different issue). There's no WR 1 available there.

But the idea of trading for a SF WR is interesting & could fill that immediate hole. Hoping you're right & Beane pulls something off before the season. Not thrilled, but I'm trying to accept it, & be a windshield person instead of a rearview mirror person (look forward instead of backward).

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

When is the last time we have had a receiver that can flat out smoke any DB on the opposing team.  So instead of taking a chance on this guy an bulking him up in the weight room abit we just pass on him and move further down the draft list.  Teams this year went up in this draft to get better talent not backwards. 

Listen to yourself, going backwards or taking a step back in anything is considered counterproductive.  

If Worthy comes out this year, and torches the other teams that KC plays after adding this guy to their roster,  and we are still working with our pathetic hodge podge receiving corps, I bet you will start to sing a different toon.....

Their is a common thread with many other Bills fans that kept agreeing that this move did not make us a better team... Get real.  KC got better.

Of course they got better by drafting after drafting a player in rd 1……This has nothing to do with my statement.  

You act as if worthy is the only WR that can help us.  KC would’ve “gotten better” if they had drafted any of the top 10 WRs….. 

Beane didn’t like Worthy.  You mad.  Throw fit. Like others.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MPL said:

Why are we assuming Worthy is the new Tyreek Hill? Because he’s fast? Tyreek Hill is a generational talent. Most undersized fast WRs don’t end up having careers anything like Hill’s. 

Worthy hasn’t played a game yet but he’s already a hall of famer and breaking your hearts in the playoffs. This is the definition of anxiety and y’all need some meds. 

We’re all Bills fans … why wouldn’t we need meds? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

The breakdowns ahead of the draft say Franklin struggles w/ press coverage and blocking on film. Worthy is shorter & faster, they have a tougher time getting hands on him.

Now in fairness I'm not sure Worthy's frame holds up when he does get hit & they said he did have some drops & some concentration issues.

My point is our WR room is not nearly good enough & I don't see the remaining players on the board fixing that (also have an issue w/ compensation received but that's a different issue). There's no WR 1 available there.

But the idea of trading for a SF WR is interesting & could fill that immediate hole. Hoping you're right & Beane pulls something off before the season. Not thrilled, but I'm trying to accept it, & be a windshield person instead of a rearview mirror person (look forward instead of backward).

And the point that KCs WR room clearly wasn’t good enough in December of 2024.  Then suddenly it was.  We’re going to add a WR they think will get the job done.  Then it’s up to the coaches and individuals to put in the work and make plays on game days

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Beast said:

OK, then how do you feel about THREE wide receivers coming off the board from 28 to 32. Three wide receivers we had a chance to draft and didn’t.

I guess whoever the Bills take is going to be better than those three guys because the Bills took him? 

In Beane’s tenure with the Bills, he drafted Gabe Davis, Khalil Shakir and who else at wide receiver? 

Hey, we drafted Justin Shorter, future gentleman’s club doorman … many seem to love him because he’s jacked I guess.  We should skip drafting and just visit local gyms signing the big lifters 🤪

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And the point that KCs WR room clearly wasn’t good enough in December of 2024.  Then suddenly it was.  We’re going to add a WR they think will get the job done.  Then it’s up to the coaches and individuals to put in the work and make plays on game days

I hear ya. They did have Travis Kelce (I get he didn't have a great SB but he was good otherwise). It's looking like short of getting an established vet, we will be relying on Kincaid taking a step toward being Kelce. 

I also get that the end of the season Kincaid, Shakir & Cook were leading the receptions without a lot of consistent contributions from Diggs Davis. I'm good with moving on from them. I want to know there's a plan & I'm having trouble seeing it. I'm worried this WR room will not get a significant upgrade & I actually think as a whole it's not as good as what KC had. But as has been pointed out, Beane isn't done working yet. So I'll have to practice improving my patience.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I hear ya. They did have Travis Kelce (I get he didn't have a great SB but he was good otherwise). It's looking like short of getting an established vet, we will be relying on Kincaid taking a step toward being Kelce. 

I also get that the end of the season Kincaid, Shakir & Cook were leading the receptions without a lot of consistent contributions from Diggs Davis. I'm good with moving on from them. I want to know there's a plan & I'm having trouble seeing it. I'm worried this WR room will not get a significant upgrade & I actually think as a whole it's not as good as what KC had. But as has been pointed out, Beane isn't done working yet. So I'll have to practice improving my patience.

I hear ya. Hard to see the plan when we haven’t made any selections, but it looks like they identified this WR class as deep……. Or they don’t think they need a WR1

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Beane gained 124 spots in draft position to give up 5.  The Bills now have two 2nds, a 3rd, and four (!!!) 4ths.

That’s a win.  Who gives a @#$% what the Chefs do?

I’m over it and this puts it in better perspective for me.  Let’s see what Bean does!

58 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I really hope not with regards to Dejean.  If we get him I obviously hope he's great but I do not see him as a difference maker.

I haven’t watched enough college ball, I’m not stating this is my particular preference, just what I think Beane and Co. will do.  If he’s anywhere near as versatile as the “analysts” make him out to be, knowing the way Beane covets elite athleticism + the intangibles that can’t be coached, and if there’s any truth to this assessment of Dejean - “He's a great athlete, yes, having posted a 9.85 RAS based on his pro day, but the way he reads the entire field, from the QB's eyes to the receiver's position is almost supernatural” then he’s the pick.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

1 hour ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Use the same rationale for Beane trusting his evaluators instincts. Do you think if the Bills had a first round grade on worthy or Leggette they wouldn’t have taken him? They have a plan. Trust our GM and if in three years he gets fired because this draft was a disaster and it lead to losing then we will know won’t we. Truth is we just don’t know.

🤡🤡🤡

I haven’t seen this GM do a CJ or EJ yet, until then, let the process roll!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26TrapDraw said:

🤡🤡🤡

I think one of my biggest issues is he had a presser last night saying absolutely expected to make a pick at 32. That tells me they had someone in mind and then he was taken between 28 and 32. Maybe that was Worthy, or Pearsal. Who knows. It was probably one of those DBs for all we know. Point is, he addressed it and said he was going to pick someone then didn’t. It’s odd to me. Even if he just had a great deal in place with Carolina is fine, but you miss the 5th year option on whatever player you’re taking. If that was a WR, CB, DE, he absolutely should have to answer for that considering all 3 of those positions require very large 2nd contract if they are good. It’s monetarily beneficial for that alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cale said:

They had Kadarious Toney and made him serviceable

They did? 

20 games, 41 receptions for 340 yards and 3 TD.

12 games with the Giants - 41 receptions and 420 yards. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I haven’t watched enough college ball, I’m not stating this is my particular preference, just what I think Beane and Co. will do.  If he’s anywhere near as versatile as the “analysts” make him out to be, knowing the way Beane covets elite athleticism + the intangibles that can’t be coached, and if there’s any truth to this assessment of Dejean - “He's a great athlete, yes, having posted a 9.85 RAS based on his pro day, but the way he reads the entire field, from the QB's eyes to the receiver's position is almost supernatural” then he’s the pick.

I'd be for it were he top 5 ranked purely as a cb.  That doesn't appear to be the case.  If we get a top remaining wr and somehow grab him later?  That's a better outcome imo.

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

They did? 

20 games, 41 receptions for 340 yards and 3 TD.

12 games with the Giants - 41 receptions and 420 yards. 

If that is serviceable, especially with a QB like Mahomes, then I’d hate to see non- serviceable with a crappy QB. 

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think one of my biggest issues is he had a presser last night saying absolutely expected to make a pick at 32. That tells me they had someone in mind and then he was taken between 28 and 32. Maybe that was Worthy, or Pearsal. Who knows. It was probably one of those DBs for all we know. Point is, he addressed it and said he was going to pick someone then didn’t. It’s odd to me. Even if he just had a great deal in place with Carolina is fine, but you miss the 5th year option on whatever player you’re taking. If that was a WR, CB, DE, he absolutely should have to answer for that considering all 3 of those positions require very large 2nd contract if they are good. It’s monetarily beneficial for that alone. 

He def did not say the bolded in that way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1