Rumor: Bills trying aggressively to move up for a WR in round one

Logic

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s not real.

You're not real. Now go back to your little bottle and come out when a 5'9 hot blonde rubs you wanting her dream man. Only you can give her that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s not real.

Yup. I got got.. damn..

Just now, Draconator said:

You're not real. Now go back to your little bottle and come out when a 5'9 hot blonde rubs you wanting her dream man. Only you can give her that. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Logic said:

I know this is already in the "NFL draft rumors" thread, but given that it involves the team this forum is based on, and involves the position we all know they desperately need, and given that it's based on the reporting of at least one credible source....surely it deserves its own thread, no? I can't be the only one who doesn't regularly check the draft rumors thread. If it gets merged, so be it.

S

M

O

K

E

S

C

R

E

E

N

We're trading McD to the state of Georgia for a 4th round waterbug RB and Chan Gailey.

• Sad 1

Just now, ToGoGo said:

My question is if we’re going to sell the farm to move up for Odunze, why not just go all in for MH Jr? 

You have to convince Arizona to move from 4 to 28.  Only way 4 is possible IMO is if we move into the teens first.  

To even convince AZ to think about it right now...

28, 60, 128, 2025 1st, 2nd, 4th 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BananaB said:

High D draft picks by this regime struggle to crack McDs starting lineup

I think part of the problem with our defensive draft choices is the type of players we pick. I realize that success can’t be guaranteed, but this regime is too hung up on having a type. We tend to go for undersized speed guys who aren’t unanimously regarded as impact players. Our defensive draft choices are often guys with potential, but many red flags. We reach for guys who fit McD’s scheme, and I think we suffer for that. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yes but there are simply not any prospects to help raise this D to that level in this draft. Besides maybe a rotational d lineman and a safety to groom this is the year to hit offense hard. Next year they can double team the defense with free agents and the draft.

I am aligned with that, I just don’t think it’s smart to trade next year’s 1 to move up this year.  I am fine if they pick almost all offense if those are better players in each round than any defenders available there.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are aggressively looking to trade up. 

The Bills are aggressively looking to trade down. 

The Bills are aggressively looking at what players might fall to 28.

All can be true.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Man people are gonna be mad when we draft Chop Robinson. 

“When Manny Diaz speaks, I listen” McDermott at the press conference. 

Not sure why anyone would listen to Manny Diaz, unless they don’t watch college ball. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Man people are gonna be mad when we draft Chop Robinson. 

“When Manny Diaz speaks, I listen” McDermott at the press conference. 

Just the thought of it makes my television nervous.

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Part of the appeal of Odunze is the rookie contract with a fifth-year option. The price folks are throwing out there to acquire him is plausibly accurate. It's a little rich for my taste. I'd rather hold onto 60 since we were Goodelled out of a 3rd rounder. A trade for the best established WR includes a hefty contract, or the need for one to retain the fella. So I wouldn't pay as much as I would for Odunze, even if you argue the established WR is a known commodity and Odunze involves some risk.

Agree, but what I was trying to say even without regard to salary cap ramifications is: can you find any proven WR in the league that you would pay two firsts and two seconds for?  I don’t think there is any 1 receiver that turns this roster into a Super Bowl winner if you trade all of those picks away that could otherwise be used to help the remainder of the team.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am aligned with that, I just don’t think it’s smart to trade next year’s 1 to move up this year.  I am fine if they pick almost all offense if those are better players in each round than any defenders available there.

Oh no doubt. Sacrificing next years #1 would be a failure unless the dude they picked turned out to be the next Julio Jones or Randy Moss. Very very steep odds.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All can be true.

……unless you are napping!    😴 

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All can be true.

They really need to talk to someone about all that aggression 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

👀👀👀👀👀

I agree! His twitchtness is unbelievable,  phenomenal hands and route running.  A TD maker as Beane likes to say and as I said,  he's so twitchy making life miserable for DBs..

Some insight into why they moved on from Diggs imo.

Brandon Beane said that?  The same Brandon Beane who said this about Stefon Diggs?

"He’s a No. 1 receiver. I firmly believe that. I’m not wavering off of that,” Beane said. “I think teams — Listen, we have to continue to put weapons out there to keep teams from bracketing him or locking him down in different ways to take him away. They know you’re gonna want to — Stef can still play. I’m sure he would love to have that deep ball again. He’d be the first to tell you. He’s super competitive. He’s going to work his tail off this offseason. I know there’s various reasons or questions on this, there’s production and all that, but I still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver.”

I think Beane tends to speak the truth, but not "the whole truth" or "nothing but the truth" this time o' year.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All can be true.

And the one no one talks about "The Bills are aggressively looking to trade for a veteran WR with a reasonable contract".  Suspiciously quiet, that one.

10 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Did anyone see the nice / endearing piece on NFL about Adonai Mitchell and him transferring for his daughter?

My first thought: Buffalo is going to be a problem. 

I'd cross him off our boards. 

Did you see the piece? He transferred from GA to Texas because he was missing his daughter. Does not sound like he is w the mother and I doubt she will move. 

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Agree, but what I was trying to say even without regard to salary cap ramifications is: can you find any proven WR in the league that you would pay two firsts and two seconds for?  I don’t think there is any 1 receiver that turns this roster into a Super Bowl winner if you trade all of those picks away that could otherwise be used to help the remainder of the team.

That's a higher price than I would be willing to pay, but if you retain 60, I might pay the rest. No, 1 receiver won't, but adding a potential WR1 on a rookie contract goes a long way to giving you a shot at winning a SB when your QB is Josh Allen.

I think Beane has traditionally tried to have a team with depth and as few holes as possible. That helps get you to the playoffs, but it doesn't pay off in the post-season.  We are a good team with fewer elite playmakers than the teams that are regularly making it to the SB. My view is spend more assets to get a few elite playmakers, even if it means you aren't as "complete" a team. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I said a month ago that the top 3 WRs are no guarantee and that’s why I didn’t want to move up

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm getting more & more stressed hoping we don't trade up... at least not into the top 10.

Hoping this is just a smoke screen. I genuinely don't think it's necessary to trade away multiple years worth of high draft picks for a single player (and a non-QB at that).

We traded away our best WR, still under contract, and ate $30 million in dead cap... With all the leadership & other players we lost, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a significant improvement this season.

With that in mind, we shouldn't be in a rush to give up so much for one guy in this year's draft. Aside from the usual risk of a pick not panning out, maybe they'll also want out after 4 years, get injured, or any number of things. That would suck for any team, but it'd be exponentially worse if you spent multiple 1st & 2nd round picks, possibly more, to get them.

Now if they're moving up a few spaces, that's completely different. I'm talking about reaching for the top 10. Then again, I'll end up rooting for them regardless, so I'll just have to chill out & hope it all works out 😅

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would tell Dan Orlovsky, I would like to understand how he is defining "failure/disappointment" because I don't think he's telling us straight.

Kadarius Toney, Henry Ruggs, and N'Keal Harry certainly failures, but what about Dante Pettis?  Jaelen Reagor?  Rashad Bateman?  What about Jameson Williams?  Then there are guys who are can play, but maybe just aren't contributing at the level you'd like from a 1st rounder.

Then what about the fact that in many of those years, one or more 2nd round picks are out-performing the 1st rounders?

Questions, so many questions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's so annoying when these podcast type folks just just ride each other that their ball sack gets chafed

So random podcast guy for the bill says something, other random podcast for the bills loosely affiliated jumps on there too. It's nothing more than some guy running his mouth no different than any of us

• Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

And the one no one talks about "The Bills are aggressively looking to trade for a veteran WR with a reasonable contract".  Suspiciously quiet, that one.

Because that's the worst idea.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

It's so annoying when these podcast type folks just just ride each other that their ball sack gets chafed

So random podcast guy for the bill says something, other random podcast for the bills loosely affiliated jumps on there too. It's nothing more than some guy running his mouth no different than any of us

Actually it was....J. Fowler from ESPN saying the Bills love Odunze.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Actually it was....J. Fowler from ESPN saying the Bills love Odunze.  

Tyler Dunn and the bills podcast are what I was referencing

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well I doubt Dunne has any sources left in the Bills organization. He’s probably just listing the guys that Whaley and Quinton Spain like. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I would tell Dan Orlovsky, I would like to understand how he is defining "failure/disappointment" because I don't think he's telling us straight.

Kadarius Toney, Henry Ruggs, and N'Keal Harry certainly failures, but what about Dante Pettis?  Jaelen Reagor?  Rashad Bateman?  What about Jameson Williams?  Then there are guys who are can play, but maybe just aren't contributing at the level you'd like from a 1st rounder.

Then what about the fact that in many of those years, one or more 2nd round picks are out-performing the 1st rounders?

Questions, so many questions.

Pettis was a 2nd rd pick but I get your point.  Should be 6, not 3.  I haven’t scrubbed Williams as a failure yet and I think Bateman is solid, just never healthy and in a weird WR spot in Baltimore 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Patriots are drafting Bo Callahan 

You take this deal and you get to save Patriots football in foxborough.  

Say it you pancake eating mother ******!

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2