NFL Opens 3rd Helmet Design to All Teams

Im all for a red version, but I also wouldn't mind seeing some sick new design on it to make it more than just bringing an old one back.  I have seen quite a few bad a** ones over the years people have mocked up.  

Do Zomething Different - yup...that was a Zima reference lol

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

image.png.34fa7b8f91d6d3d9ca8051265f2f394a.png

YES!!     I doubt they'll do this but it would be pretty funny if they did.   

Please let it be the Joshalo. Must see TV! I would laugh the whole game.

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Were you old enough for the SB runs? Because I feel like those that don’t love those iconic uniforms weren’t around for those runs. 

Maybe I’m wrong though! 

Definitely was around.  I just feel like there is something better we can do then go back to that

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Wishlist in order:

1. Red 90s helmets

2. White standing buffalo

3. Dare I suggest… something zubaz?

You should have quit after 2. 🍺

I’ve said before….I believe the Bills are going to have a make-over when they open the new stadium. And I mean a new logo and new look. Not anyting from the past. Just a gut feeling.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I’ve said before….I believe the Bills are going to have a make-over when they open the new stadium. And I mean a new logo and new look. Not anyting from the past. Just a gut feeling.

Hope not especially if they go the way of other teams recently who look like they play in arena football leagues. 

I know Zubaz won’t happen but hey a fan can dream and at least they would be unique.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Which would be unfortunate because the current look is close to perfect. 

I'm glad teams like the Jets, Giants, 49ers, etc have realized that simpler is better.  

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Utah John said:

Well the one thing we can agree on is that the NFL is genius when it comes to finding ways to make money.  New unis, new helmets will just bring in cash, and also doing this in April is a great way to re-energize interest prior to the draft.  

For…. all the people who collect… all of the different colors of helmets? This is much more just an on-field ‘look’ thing than about money-making. Otherwise for different jerseys, it simply gives fans more options.

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but the Jets announced their new uniforms today for the 2024 season and beyond. 

I feel like the Jets are revealing  new unis every other season now ... but honestly, those look really good. Just stick with those forever.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I feel like the Jets are revealing  new unis every other season now ... but honestly, those look really good. Just stick with those forever.

Same with the Bills. They should never change with what they currently have except lose the all blues and reds. If they want to bring back the red helmet for one game a season, then that is fine but IMHO the white helmet is better. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. As for the Jets this is a good look. Better than the awful crap they have been wearing these past few years.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Same with the Bills. They should never change with what they currently have except lose the all blues and reds. If they want to bring back the red helmet for one game a season, then that is fine but IMHO the white helmet is better. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. As for the Jets this is a good look. Better than the awful crap they have been wearing these past few years.

On that I can't agree. I'm one of the few people who think the Bills need an entire redesign. Just keep the red, white, and blue

• Disagree 2

Let’s just be really, really careful here people before we start going crazy with the whole redesign thing!!! Like how can a blue color palette be so incongruous with itself and red??
😖

GettyImages-51799947.jpg

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Vomit 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:00 PM, skibum said:

k3J3iiGTFmo7BJeQkNc6Q_thumb_1c6b.jpg.2b22f25ebd8f417bc59b1f454002afc0.jpg

So, not just red helmet. Red helmet with blue facemask.  It's a bold statement.

10 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Man those are so bad 😂

That the designer couldn't understand how to have the tops and the pants have the same pattern of stripe on the side still boggles my mind.  Those were absolute clown suits.

11 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

So, not just red helmet. Red helmet with blue facemask.  It's a bold statement.

That the designer couldn't understand how to have the tops and the pants have the same pattern of stripe on the side still boggles my mind.  Those were absolute clown suits.

The white tops matched the blue pants and the blue tops matched the white pants, but then the players decided to switch it. 

That being said, I don't know why the design wasn't seamless throughout all variations, but maybe switching tops and bottoms wasn't as common back then.