Diggs' perspective (from Dibs')

Dibs

Here I stand, watching the Chiefs celebrate, alone on the field. My teammates have all gone. Not that they don't have drive and passion, or feel the sting of loss. They do, but not like me. I feel the sting like no other. That is why my teammates, my friends, my Brothers have gone inside, and I stand here, alone on the field.

I am going to the hospital to see my fallen comrade and Brother in arms who defied death on the field today. I go as is required by what is true and right, for there is no greater bond than that of Brothers under fire. I do not think less of my teammates or coaches for all going back to Buffalo. There are not many who are burdened like I am. My heart and determination drive me onward. Though you be in a coma Dalmar, fear not, for I am coming.

I do not know for how much longer I can hold this team at this level. I tell them they need to do the things that I do to sustain greatness, but they do not listen. They do not understand for they are just Josh, or Sean, or Tre, or Von, and I am Him. I am Him upon whom my Brothers can rely. I am Him who will work, and toil, and bear the load for all. I am Him who will always stay loyal to those I love. I am Him, but they will not listen, and I fear that they will not be helped.

These thoughts were those solely of Dibs' imaginings and should in no way be taken or inferred as to be factually from Diggs' head.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

His teammates weren't the ones to disappear on the field when they were playing the game and they weren't the one fighting their QB on the sideline or showing up late to camp.  Was he All In?  Being frustrated by a loss is understandable but to say he cared more is silly.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Also Diggs thoughts:

I am sitting at my fashion show in France wondering why my quarterback isn't working his tail off during this off-season. While I get a workout (reminder to post parts to social media as proof) in between the vast media appearances I do in the off season to make cryptic comments....what is Josh doing? Why is he forsaken me?

I just cannot believe the lack of accountability that surrounds me. Surrounds the organization. Also, I must be quicker in the locker room after a playoff loss...the press almost found me last year. Thankful that Bass tied them up so I may make my yearly escape to darkness.

Why has Joe Brady made me less important in the offense. Also, who put grease on the ball? Gabe was right. These things are tough to catch. Who knew?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why does my QB who has so much ability choose to employ that ability elsewhere?  Why does he choose to wear a suit to the Kentucky Derby which is a color normally seen only in sherbet?  

Why do fans assume I’m the villain?  Do they not see me work my ass off?  Do they not see me develop a relationship with a young boy who lost his father?   Why must they take positive things I do, and post threads implying I am self centered and think less of others?  Is our society so intolerant that it cannot accept a personality driven by success?  Even if the desired success is for not just me but for the team and city?  

1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Here I stand, watching the Chiefs celebrate, alone on the field. My teammates have all gone. Not that they don't have drive and passion, or feel the sting of loss. They do, but not like me. I feel the sting like no other. That is why my teammates, my friends, my Brothers have gone inside, and I stand here, alone on the field.

I am going to the hospital to see my fallen comrade and Brother in arms who defied death on the field today. I go as is required by what is true and right, for there is no greater bond than that of Brothers under fire. I do not think less of my teammates or coaches for all going back to Buffalo. There are not many who are burdened like I am. My heart and determination drive me onward. Though you be in a coma Dalmar, fear not, for I am coming.

I do not know for how much longer I can hold this team at this level. I tell them they need to do the things that I do to sustain greatness, but they do not listen. They do not understand for they are just Josh, or Sean, or Tre, or Von, and I am Him. I am Him upon whom my Brothers can rely. I am Him who will work, and toil, and bear the load for all. I am Him who will always stay loyal to those I love. I am Him, but they will not listen, and I fear that they will not be helped.

These thoughts were those solely of Dibs' imaginings and should in no way be taken or inferred as to be factually from Diggs' head.

I'll never forget you, Dalmar!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

He did want to win, but his clock was ticking. 

2022 was an impossibly stressful year. We ran out of steam against the Bengals. 

Allen had the luxury of taking his time and recovering because he has 10 years of elite play left. Diggs didn’t. All understandable. 

The problem was that Diggs refused to go with the flow. He started creating enemies, becoming a distraction. It ended up hurting the team that needed him to be elite down the stretch. His ego didn’t want to admit he was now suddenly part of the problem. His MIND went from friend to foe. 

Then he doubled down this offseason. Away he went to Houston. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dibs said:

Josh to Diggs:  "Get Open, and Catch the Ball"

Happened before:

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Also Diggs thoughts:

I am sitting at my fashion show in France wondering why my quarterback isn't working his tail off during this off-season. While I get a workout (reminder to post parts to social media as proof) in between the vast media appearances I do in the off season to make cryptic comments....what is Josh doing? Why is he forsaken me?

I just cannot believe the lack of accountability that surrounds me. Surrounds the organization. Also, I must be quicker in the locker room after a playoff loss...the press almost found me last year. Thankful that Bass tied them up so I may make my yearly escape to darkness.

Why has Joe Brady made me less important in the offense. Also, who put grease on the ball? Gabe was right. These things are tough to catch. Who knew?

Also More Diggs thoughts:

"I am at Coachella 2023 wondering why my QB and teammates aren't working their tails off....Oh, that's right, it's 2023 OTAs and they're there, including Allen"

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

How many times has OP done this for relationships? Well, she might have cheated on me because I just wasn't emotionally available enough for her. Haven't seen this much revisionist history since we all forgot that Fitz chose to leave to be another team's backup. We can only have one sacred cow. 

3 hours ago, Dibs said:

This gets talked about so often, but as of right now Stefon Diggs is not on pace to be a HoF WR. What is this greatness that Stef has? The board should have an autocorrect that changes this to "very-goodness". 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

This gets talked about so often, but as of right now Stefon Diggs is not on pace to be a HoF WR. What is this greatness that Stef has? The board should have an autocorrect that changes this to "very-goodness". 

I was just thinking about that this morning.  His HOF candidacy will now turn on whatever he's able to do in Houston and/or wherever he goes after next year.  If he lasts another five years and doesn't win anything, he'll probably get in as a compiler after having to wait awhile.  He has had exactly one memorable positive playoff moment (and it wasn't in Buffalo), and it was a single play.  Andre is seen as a compiler and had to wait a long time; he had seven Pro Bowls to Diggs' four, nine postseason TD catches to Diggs' four, at one point he had more Super Bowl receptions than any other WR, plus he had that three-TD second-half performance in the Comeback.  Diggs gotta do some work if he wants to be seen on that level.

Edited by BRH
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

I was just thinking about that this morning.  His HOF candidacy will now turn on whatever he's able to do in Houston and/or wherever he goes after next year.  If he lasts another five years and doesn't win anything, he'll probably get in as a compiler after having to wait awhile.  He has had exactly one memorable positive playoff moment (and it wasn't in Buffalo).  Andre is seen as a compiler and had to wait a long time; he had seven Pro Bowls to Diggs' four and at one point he had more Super Bowl receptions than any other WR, plus he had that three-TD second-half performance in the Comeback.  Diggs gotta do some work if he wants to be seen on that level.

He needs a SB as an important contributor. 

Otherwise, how is he better than Hines Ward or DeAndre Hopkins? Larry Fitzgerald? 

Maybe Andre Johnson level. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

I was just thinking about that this morning.  His HOF candidacy will now turn on whatever he's able to do in Houston and/or wherever he goes after next year.  If he lasts another five years and doesn't win anything, he'll probably get in as a compiler after having to wait awhile.  He has had exactly one memorable positive playoff moment (and it wasn't in Buffalo).  Andre is seen as a compiler and had to wait a long time; he had seven Pro Bowls to Diggs' four and at one point he had more Super Bowl receptions than any other WR, plus he had that three-TD second-half performance in the Comeback.  Diggs gotta do some work if he wants to be seen on that level.

Diggs is not even close to being a hall of fame receiver.  if he had not quit on the Bills he might have been Wall of Fame material by the end, but that is as far as it goes.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

If he gets in it will be because classes keep getting bigger and the favoritism towards skill positions. 

But his career will likely finish at the AJ Green/Chad Johnson level. 

What’s frustrating about the souring of their relationship is that they both want the same thing just don’t agree on the best way to achieve it—Diggs on hard work and Allen on natural ability and improv. Both should have worked to meet in the middle IMO because they’re each 1/2 right.

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I was just thinking about that this morning.  His HOF candidacy will now turn on whatever he's able to do in Houston and/or wherever he goes after next year.  If he lasts another five years and doesn't win anything, he'll probably get in as a compiler after having to wait awhile.  He has had exactly one memorable positive playoff moment (and it wasn't in Buffalo), and it was a single play.  Andre is seen as a compiler and had to wait a long time; he had seven Pro Bowls to Diggs' four, nine postseason TD catches to Diggs' four, at one point he had more Super Bowl receptions than any other WR, plus he had that three-TD second-half performance in the Comeback.  Diggs gotta do some work if he wants to be seen on that level.

The bar is lower for players who don't spend their whole career (or most of it) in Buffalo 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

people really tend to forget he was wr2 to Thielen until he linked up w Allen

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Who is Dalmar?  Seriously, to pen that well written piece of fantasy and come up with Dalmar?  Kind of ruined what you were attempting here 😂

I think it lifts it even further if the high and mighty Diggs doesn’t even know the name of his “Brother” that he just has to visit at the hospital. 

5 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well Stef, I get your point, you want to win more than anybody else, so why exactly you basically disappeared in all of our last 3 playoff exits?

I’m good enuff, smart enuff, and doggone people don’t like me.  

• Haha (+1) 1

People also tend to forget that (in spite of his greatness) he never got naked and tried to jump through a hotel window.  ... But there's more hotels in Huston. .... Good luck Dude.

12 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Otherwise, how is he better than Hines Ward or DeAndre Hopkins? Larry Fitzgerald? 

I believe Larry Fitzgerald could be a 1st ballot HOFer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, BRH said:

Andre Reed took forever to get in and he had over 13,000 yards, 87 TDs, and made 4 Super Bowls.

Right now DIggs has: almost 10,000 yards and 67 TDs and 0 SB appearances. Long way to go. I'd bet he's out of the league after 3 more seasons with declining stats due to age. He'll probably end up around 12,000 yards and 80 TDs. WIthout the the SB's that wouldn't be enough. But if he can hang on and play till his mid 30s, who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

He's certainly no better than Larry Fitz who should make it his first year as was already said. the rest he's in the group

On 4/6/2024 at 8:27 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Why does my QB who has so much ability choose to employ that ability elsewhere?  Why does he choose to wear a suit to the Kentucky Derby which is a color normally seen only in sherbet?  

Why do fans assume I’m the villain?  Do they not see me work my ass off?  Do they not see me develop a relationship with a young boy who lost his father?   Why must they take positive things I do, and post threads implying I am self centered and think less of others?  Is our society so intolerant that it cannot accept a personality driven by success?  Even if the desired success is for not just me but for the team and city?  

Diggs is an azs hole, a good receiver, but an azs hole none the less, that coincidentally disappears in the playoffs, is what it is, you could of course follow him to Houston…,

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Diggs is an azs hole, a good receiver, but an azs hole none the less, that coincidentally disappears in the playoffs, is what it is, you could of course follow him to Houston…,

Most of the stuff discussed about him here is either conjecture or completely made up. Just because he isn’t o the team anymore doesn’t mean you need to act as if he was meaningless.  He wasn’t.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Most of the stuff discussed about him here is either conjecture or completely made up. Just because he isn’t o the team anymore doesn’t mean you need to act as if he was meaningless.  He wasn’t.

That’s your conjecture, they didn’t toss him out because he was a easy to get sling with, sure he was a helpful addition, but he like Beasley made himself replaceable. 

On 4/6/2024 at 4:38 AM, Billzgobowlin said:

His teammates weren't the ones to disappear on the field when they were playing the game and they weren't the one fighting their QB on the sideline or showing up late to camp.  Was he All In?  Being frustrated by a loss is understandable but to say he cared more is silly.  

Many Bills disappeared on the field, it's not just Diggs

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That’s your conjecture, they didn’t toss him out because he was a easy to get sling with, sure he was a helpful addition, but he like Beasley made himself replaceable. 

We never replaced Beasley

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You called him a name; that was the conjecture.  I simply pointed it out.  Shouldn’t the burden be placed on the one making the claim…..you?

48 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Many Bills disappeared on the field, it's not just Diggs

We never replaced Beasley

Shakir and Kincaid fill that spot 

36 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You called him a name; that was the conjecture.  I simply pointed it out.  Shouldn’t the burden be placed on the one making the claim…..you?

Why the holy roller speech from you on Diggs in the first place, the burden  which there isn’t one all would be on you, as I said Diggs was useful, except for the last couple post seasons and the last half of this past season, his ship has sailed…, 

• Disagree 1