Diggs traded to Texans for picks

21 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I could find a way to excuse his pathetic lack of effort when the play wasn't going his way.  Claiming it didn't matter,, though it irritated me and was a bad look.  In part excused in my mind by his yet to be disclosed injury.

But what about all the times Diggs took himself out on those 3rd downs?  

Even with my made up injury for Diggs I couldn't come up with a rational explanation for those.  IF he was playing hurt why wouldn't he have timed it so he was in on 3rd downs.  That's inexcusable in my mind.  Brady had to want him out.  

I think you might be focused more up last season's effort. Swore he had an upper body injury

But though Diggs was a beast with the ball in his time as a Bill. 💪

Last year , not so much

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

interesting whether true or false who knows

I would find it absolutely shocking if beane wanted to aggressively tie himself to diggs even longer by creating more dead money with him after last years behavior all year and close to the season on field. 

makes almost no sense.

we didn’t even convert all of joshs salary either, as another indicator there was no need to restructure diggs again who is a much worse candidate than Josh for that 

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think you might be focused more up last season's effort. Swore he had an upper body injury

Last year , not so much

I thought he was dinged up too- but I suspect we will know quickly if so. 

he won’t keep quiet if there’s a chance for him to excuse his stats down the stretch, yet alone a reason that could make him look like a good guy gutting it out 

Heck, even if he wasn’t hurt I half expect it 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Well, let's not forget that Brady attempted to get Diggs a lot of work as he was still the most targeted player in the receiving corps under Brady as OC. Diggs simply didn't perform like a #1 WR, or even a decent #2. Diggs had a 66.9% catch percentage in 2023, and Gabe Davis had a 55.6% catch percentage. Diggs had 160 targets and 107 receptions. Gives you an idea of why both might be gone.

To put that in perspective Shakir had an 86.7 catch percentage, Cook 81.5%, and Kincade 80.2% catch percentage. 

It is my take that Diggs wanted out of Buffalo and was about to become another offseason distraction. I think Beane and Co. simply were tired of Diggs with his antics. Buffalo did him a solid by trading him away and Houston did him one better by restructuring to a one-year deal thus allowing him to be an FA in 2025. He wants to go to Dallas to play on the same team as his brother.

In my view,  looking at Digg's stats in the playoffs, 4 seasons in Buffalo with 9 playoff games 

Two TDs in 2020 one against the Colts, and one against the Ravens.

Two playoff games in 2021, with 0 TDs. Against the Chiefs, 7 targets for 3 receptions for 7 yards. REALLY? Against the Patriots 4 targets for 3 receptions for 60 yards

Two playoff games in 2022, with 0 TDs. Against Miami, 9 targets for 7 receptions for 114 yards. Against Cincy 10 targets for 4 receptions for 35 yards. 

Two playoff games in 2023, with 0 TDs. Against the Chiefs, 8 targets for 3 receptions for 21 yards. Against the Steelers 9 targets for 7 receptions for 52 yards.

Buffalo needs a #1 WR to step up in the playoffs and not fall on his face. Diggs can yell at Josh Allen all he wants as it wasn't Josh who was failing in those playoff games. 

This is painful to acknowledge

I did not know that Diggs couldn't make plays when the lites were bright.
very painful statistics

So trade was not as Beane might have hoped ?

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I would find it absolutely shocking if beane wanted to aggressively tie himself to diggs even longer by creating more dead money with him after last years behavior all year and close to the season on field. 

makes almost no sense.

we didn’t even convert all of joshs salary either, as another indicator there was no need to restructure diggs again who is a much worse candidate than Josh for that 

he won’t keep quiet if there’s a chance for him to excuse his stats down the stretch, yet alone a reason that could make him look like a good guy gutting it out 

He passed his physical i do believe  😑

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

makes almost no sense.

couple things

#1- you do NOT need diggs permission to turn base salary into a guaranteed signing bonus pushing cap into the future. you just do it if you want.

#2-  you do need diggs permission if the restructure lowered the base salary and/or turned any of it into  incentives.

#3- it would not be surprising if diggs was approached for restructure of some kind. beane did that for almost the entire team.

#4- seeing as diggs was so unhappy and wanted out, it's not surprising he had no interest in a restructure.

#5- i highly doubt beane is confiding in anyone outside his most inner bills circle details like that. put me down as skeptical. someone making a possible guess as to what may or may not have been the final straw that broke the camels back.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

makes almost no sense.

maybe Beane asked him to re-work his deal like Von and Knox did ? 

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The whole zone-versus-man may be an oversimplification.  Sometimes one side is in man while the other is in zone.  Sometimes it's more complicated than that.  Depending on where the receiver breaks, the defender might stick with man or switch to zone (or vice-versa).

I'd like to hear an OC or DC break it down: how much is pure man...  how much is pure zone... how much is some kind of hybrid.    

I would love to see numbers on off coverages also  because I believe watching games around the league that most CBs are in off coverage. But I’m totally guessing on that one.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

20 minutes ago, papazoid said:

couple things

#1- you do NOT need diggs permission to turn base salary into a guaranteed signing bonus pushing cap into the future. you just do it if you want.

#2-  you do need diggs permission if the restructure lowered the base salary and/or turned any of it into  incentives.

#3- it would not be surprising if diggs was approached for restructure of some kind. beane did that for almost the entire team.

#4- seeing as diggs was so unhappy and wanted out, it's not surprising he had no interest in a restructure.

#5- i highly doubt beane is confiding in anyone outside his most inner bills circle details like that. put me down as skeptical. someone making a possible guess as to what may or may not have been the final straw that broke the camels back.

This would explain the “nah” tweet about his restructure.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well this would be false because Beane doesn’t have to ask unless he asked him to take a pay cut.

Right and even Sal used “restructure” at first when he described what Von did

so it’s possible Beane wanted Diggs to re-work his deal and Diggs said no trade me then

1 minute ago, Governor said:

This would explain the “nah” tweet about his restructure.

I was just thinking that too!  It was on his IG account maybe 3 weeks ago

what makes the whole situation wild is him wanting to tear up his contract and become a UFA next year.

I guess he figures if he has a good season he can convince Jerry Jones to give him a big contract

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

A lot of theories, speculation and sources about what may have been going on with DIggs, but this at least seems plausible.  Beane did not want a simple restructure, but wanted Diggs to take less in some way, at least in guarantees.  I can imagine that Diggs would not have reacted well.  Does kind of explain the way Diggs spoke about things (Josh as well) before the trade.  Who knows and we may never know.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Right and even Sal used “restructure” at first when he described what Von did

so it’s possible Beane wanted Diggs to re-work his deal and Diggs said no trade me then

I was just thinking that too!  It was on his IG account maybe 3 weeks ago

Yep. Also, maybe Diggs wanted what he got In Houston, a chance to be a free agent at the  end of the season. And just started turning a small issue into a giant issue.

It’s entirely possible this whole thing is Diggs just wanting to play with his brother before it’s too late. Maybe not.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. Also, maybe Diggs wanted what he got In Houston, a chance to be a free agent at the  end of the season. And just started turning a small issue into a giant issue.

It’s entirely possible this whole thing is Diggs just wanting to play with his brother before it’s too late. Maybe not.

very possible

the bills gave diggs agent permission to seek a trade weeks ago. 

diggs knew he was in play....hence his social media comment "ready for watever".

diggs agent knew that houston would give diggs what he really wanted....to be a free agent in 2025

what's surprising most to me....is houston gave up a very valuable minnesota 2nd round pick for a 1 yr rental

on the sports talk show SPEAK....shady mccoy said he was told by diggs brother, before it happened the stefon diggs was going to houston. the betting line on where diggs would start the season, shifted bigtime to houston on the saturday before the trade was announced. insider info spread quickly

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I like that the premise here is that in the first 30 days of the new league year Brandon Beane called his buddy, a guy who spent 65 days on the practice squad back in 2021, to tell him about an interaction he had with Diggs. 

I don’t know if this is true, but its 1000 foot view is. Diggs was becoming too big a pain in the ash. They no longer believed he was a $30M pain in the ash so they moved on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Last year , not so much

Always a tough decision with a player who has been really good for us.

Diggs was able to reinvent himself a bit with this club.

The Texans made some noise last year who knows how well he will do there.

This Org usually holds onto players past their expiration, but when you are working against a thin cap margin you have to be able to retool with cheap rookie deals.

Wish him well, just not against us.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well...let's start with Austin Proehl.  He didn't play for "a few years".  He was drafted with our 7th round pick in 2018 and waived at roster cutdown.  He went on to bounce around the league a little bit on practice squads for the Titans (1 day), to the XFL, to the Rams (most of 2018), and in 2021 the Chargers (2 months) and Bills (something like 2 - 2 week stints).

Those are the "few years" he played for the Bills - Training camp 2018 with 89 other of Beane's closest personal friends, and then 3 years later a couple 2 week stints on PS.

Does he know Beane in the sense that he's met him and spoken to him, maybe a bit more than the usual cup-of-coffee UDFA guys who get cut at the end of training camp because he's Ricky Proehl's son? Yes.

Is he someone the routinely and widely acknowledged to be close-mouthed Beane is going to ring up and chat with?

IMO, No

Do I believe the Bills might have asked Diggs to restructure and he refused?  Yes.  Yes, I do.

Do I believe Diggs would have a contract discussion with Beane without his agent involved?  No.  No, I don't.  Contract discussions take place with agents, or with agents and players. 
Do I believe Adisa Bakari would shove an entire package of socks in Digg's mouth before he let him say "Josh wouldn't be anything without me" to Beane?  Yes, Yes I do.
Do I believe Beane issued some kind of "restructure or we trade you" ultimatum to a guy who strongly implied he wanted out anyway? That would be dumb.  Diggs would be "Don't threaten me with a Good Time"

Just some random thoughts but also based on being a fan since ‘63

1) this proves you have a small window og given talent / leadership to be a viable sb contender. This staff squandered having Allen, Diggs, poyer, Hyde,Morse ,Edmund’s,white,shady . Kyle Willian’s ,,Milano, as a core group by bungling leads in games they easily should have won. Diggs was added to be the final piece , so it’s understandable his frustration grew as kc’s  Talents under Reid kept thriving.  

2) this was a rigid process , defensively predominately oriented , drafted by beane as directed by mcd , despite heving a uniquely talrnted qb, who at one point was prohibited from running , contributing to a 6-6 record /hole. And firing og the oc and creating more tornoile. O line coaches Also were turned over 2x with teller let go and positions switched around. More unrest. Feliciono gone w more turmoil. In addition . Two barely avg backs with motor / moss supposed to be adequate but neither reached. Their potential under changing oc’s or line coaches as both did better w other teams , but neither were worthy of 3rd round picks. 

3) terrible communication , poor delegation of dutities.  Need i say more than 13 seconds,,,hail Murray , cam blowing the coverage in monnisota,,the kicker not knowing to Squibb kick,,,,the miscommunication between Frazier , the special teams coach etc resulting in mcd taking over d calls at points.  It’s ridiculous to see in a pro staff. 

4). Things go so bad on o , the oc is fired and a prior fired oc takes over. Suddenly Diggs seems less involved/interested as the team involves backs more,,,Diggs id running bubble screens.  Separates less. , drip rate goes up.  Kincaid involved more yet new contract Knox almost vanishes.  Our two fin f/a’s are basically worthless.  There is no identity to this offense.   The once stable  o line is broken apart w more gone ,,and our stable guard switched to center

now trade our captain wide receiver and stable players with leadership like Morse and this team really doesn’t look like as the potential that we’re being told that it would. It looks like the same type of loss of talent that Jacksonville went through when they were building their new stadium with their PSL‘s as well and was just a holdover until they could fill the talent of the team up with draft choices

it just seems like this could very well. Be a down season for the team and, given the record of this coaching staff and all the talent they had yet. All  the failures that they experienced. I just don’t think it adds to any confidence that there’s going to be anything good coming up within the short future other than a new stadium coming about. 'There’s going to be a lot of new players on the team and also a lot of new coaches and so I think this is really gonna be a rebuilding year despite what everyone feels. That’s not always a bad thing as it happens with every team but from listening to McDermott talk, that’s not what he’s trying to sell. There’s just been too much experience and leadership lost on this team to expect it to be the same as it has been the past 2 to 3 years. It’s been seven years with McDermott and being in we have one AFC championship game to show for and I really think this team under this current coach and manager  May reach their pinnacle. The old 90s teams that did so well had a lot of stability within them and that just doesn’t seem to be the case with this current regime.

It’s great that they have a fantastic quarterback to build around with Josh but on the other hand, it almost seems like they’re wasting a great portion of his career and this current off-season  Has really been almost a complete restructuring of the team and somewhat unexpected. I really think they’re setting them salsa for when the new stadium opens and unless Dermot pulls off some type of incredible year, I really think he might not be around for that time as good as he is, I just don’t think he has what it takes , leave the team to Lombardi. He’s a great guy, but I don’t think he’s a great Gameday coach and I think it’s time to start looking for someone who can maximize joshes unique talents. Just a few thoughts. Hope I’m wrong but on the other hand, something is wrong with this clubhouse and , I’m not sure there’s gonna be any transparency about what’s actually going on. 

Wishing for the best, but I think there’s just too many holes and too much youth going on and too much changing and turmoil again and the coaching staff and I don’t think they really have an identity and I’m not a big person of trust regarding Brady being able to bring out the best in the office We’ll see this is poor play, and production over the past two seasons, especially the end of the season I think is indicative of something and it may come down to rigidness of the process of the coach and I think a time this year will help sort this out. I just am a little pessimistic about the outcome of this year and really see it as a almost full rebuilding here.

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well...let's start with Austin Proehl.  He didn't play for "a few years".  He was drafted with our 7th round pick in 2018 and waived at roster cutdown.  He went on to bounce around the league a little bit on practice squads for the Titans (1 day), to the XFL, to the Rams (most of 2018), and in 2021 the Chargers (2 months) and Bills (something like 2 - 2 week stints).

Those are the "few years" he played for the Bills - Training camp 2018 with 89 other of Beane's closest personal friends, and then 3 years later a couple 2 week stints on PS.

Does he know Beane in the sense that he's met him and spoken to him, maybe a bit more than the usual cup-of-coffee UDFA guys who get cut at the end of training camp because he's Ricky Proehl's son? Yes.

Is he someone the routinely and widely acknowledged to be close-mouthed Beane is going to ring up and chat with?

IMO, No

Do I believe the Bills might have asked Diggs to restructure and he refused?  Yes.  Yes, I do.

Do I believe Diggs would have a contract discussion with Beane without his agent involved?  No.  No, I don't.  Contract discussions take place with agents, or with agents and players. 
Do I believe Adisa Bakari would shove an entire package of socks in Digg's mouth before he let him say "Josh wouldn't be anything without me" to Beane?  Yes, Yes I do.
Do I believe Beane issued some kind of "restructure or we trade you" ultimatum to a guy who strongly implied he wanted out anyway? That would be dumb.  Diggs would be "Don't threaten me with a Good Time"

I actually know proehl a bit from some camps from back in the day 

And yeah he certainly did not even last one year here let alone... A few years

He would know nothing about the contract situations lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Feel like the Cover1 guys brought up some good points, Allen has to step up, last couple of years he hasn’t done much in the off-season by his own admission. Time to step and lead the new guys, flat out all eyes on him now.  This wasn’t all on Diggs, he has his share of the blame, but maybe Allen’s getting a complacent and this is a way to get everyone in check.  

Move on from Diggs, he may have asked for a trade because Beane flat out would not deny it, which is strange.  Diggs gets a new start, Bills get some compensation, and Josh has to lead the new guys and focus on ball. 

McDermotts always talking about competition and challenging guys, and it’s clear that this will be a really challenging year for a lot of the Vets on this team. The old guard is gone, time for everyone to focus up, and get their heads right or they’re in for a rough season. 

33 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Just some random thoughts but also based on being a fan since ‘63

1) this proves you have a small window og given talent / leadership to be a viable sb contender. This staff squandered having Allen, Diggs, poyer, Hyde,Morse ,Edmund’s,white,shady . Kyle Willian’s ,,Milano, as a core group by bungling leads in games they easily should have won. Diggs was added to be the final piece , so it’s understandable his frustration grew as kc’s  Talents under Reid kept thriving.  

2) this was a rigid process , defensively predominately oriented , drafted by beane as directed by mcd , despite heving a uniquely talrnted qb, who at one point was prohibited from running , contributing to a 6-6 record /hole. And firing og the oc and creating more tornoile. O line coaches Also were turned over 2x with teller let go and positions switched around. More unrest. Feliciono gone w more turmoil. In addition . Two barely avg backs with motor / moss supposed to be adequate but neither reached. Their potential under changing oc’s or line coaches as both did better w other teams , but neither were worthy of 3rd round picks. 

3) terrible communication , poor delegation of dutities.  Need i say more than 13 seconds,,,hail Murray , cam blowing the coverage in monnisota,,the kicker not knowing to Squibb kick,,,,the miscommunication between Frazier , the special teams coach etc resulting in mcd taking over d calls at points.  It’s ridiculous to see in a pro staff. 

4). Things go so bad on o , the oc is fired and a prior fired oc takes over. Suddenly Diggs seems less involved/interested as the team involves backs more,,,Diggs id running bubble screens.  Separates less. , drip rate goes up.  Kincaid involved more yet new contract Knox almost vanishes.  Our two fin f/a’s are basically worthless.  There is no identity to this offense.   The once stable  o line is broken apart w more gone ,,and our stable guard switched to center. 

Now trade 

If Diggs was the missing piece he should take his frustrations out on the guy in the mirror. He’s the one who never showed up in big games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maybe.  But this is from a woman whose son-in-law is a coach who know Austin Proehl (who spent a few months in two stints with the Bills - not a few years as she asserts) who vaguely knows Brandon Beane who supposedly disclosed a confidential conversation to him, something Brandon does all the time.  

Not so sure.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Punch said:

This doesn't mean there weren't issues between them but I scrolled through Josh Allen's likes on Twitter and saw this from the Week 18 win in Miami. Whatever happened in the lockerroom after Week 1 probably wasn't notable to reporters at the time because by many accounts, they still seemed to be on the same page. Blowup happen even amongst friends and family.

Obviously, each individual moment doesn't tell the whole story, but I thought it was interesting to reflect on it nevertheless:

Watching the video now from a different perspective, you can see Allen go from relaxed to a tense position with his arm when Diggs walks over. 

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe.  But this is from a woman whose son-in-law is a coach who know Austin Proehl (who spent a few months in two stints with the Bills - not a few years as she asserts) who vaguely knows Brandon Beane who supposedly disclosed a confidential conversation to him, something Brandon does all the time.  

Not so sure.  Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

big year in leadership for josh......this is his team now

of the 8 captains in 2023....6 are gone...only josh & von remain

Loved what I saw from Bernard as a leader already. He’ll run the defense. I actually can’t wait to see who the new captains will be.

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Loved what I saw from Bernard as a leader already. He’ll run the defense. I actually can’t wait to see who the new captains will be.

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

JMO I know we have had them before, but 8 captains IMHO are too many  

Jones??

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Douglas

Miller

Edwards (has 2 rings)

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Austin Proehl's brother is one of the contestants on American Idol.  I think the real source is Simon Cowell.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane randomly called up Austin Proehl to share deeply confidential information about Diggs and his trade? That is absurd. Beane wouldn't even tell current players on the team that story if it were true. He wouldn't tell anyone besides MAYBE Josh and a handful of front office people.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Watching the video now from a different perspective, you can see Allen go from relaxed to a tense position with his arm when Diggs walks over. 

Diggs always knows where the camera is

• Agree 2

I loved what Diggs brought production wise for the first few years, but the trade speaks volumes to what the Bills are all about character wise in the locker room. And this was not a step back. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but am happy and trusting the process now. Can't wait to see what WR we draft.

I know it is total sacrilege to criticize Beane in any way but.......

What an unnecessary disaster of a contract extension that was.

Diggs was already under contract for 2 more seasons at only 14/per. It would have expired at the end of last season, the perfect time to say goodbye scott free just as his play and attitude took a nosedive off a cliff.

They could have waited a season for the extension to see how they felt about it then, there was no urgent need to do it.

Instead they paid him over $20 million more for the last 2 seasons than they would have. They guaranteed $70 million to an about to turn 30 immature malcontent, just when Allen was about to sign a huge 2nd contract. Now they are stuck with a $31 mil cap hit for nothing. Without the contract extension Diggs' cap hit this year would have been zero $0.

That would have been $31 million more to spend in pursuit of a Lombardi. That's a ***** big mistake.

It made no sense, was completely unnecessary, and turned out to be a complete disaster. You didn't need a crystal ball or ESP to see this as a possible result.  They also made no preparation or plan for this eventuality either.

This isn't just hindsight, I voiced my concern at the time. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I know it is total sacrilege to criticize Beane in any way but.......

What an unnecessary disaster of a contract extension that was.

Diggs was already under contract for 2 more seasons at only 14/per. It would have expired at the end of last season, the perfect time to say goodbye scott free just as his play and attitude took a nosedive off a cliff.

They could have waited a season for the extension to see how they felt about it then, there was no urgent need to do it.

Instead they paid him over $20 million more for the last 2 seasons than they would have. They guaranteed $70 million to an about to turn 30 immature malcontent, just when Allen was about to sign a huge 2nd contract. Now they are stuck with a $31 mil cap hit for nothing. Without the contract extension Diggs' cap hit this year would have been zero $0.

That would have been $31 million more to spend in pursuit of a Lombardi. That's a ***** big mistake.

It made no sense, was completely unnecessary, and turned out to be a complete disaster. You didn't need a crystal ball or ESP to see this as a possible result.  They also made no preparation or plan for this eventuality either.

This isn't just hindsight, I voiced my concern at the time. 

if you take the CAP HIT that buffalo used on diggs for each of the 4 years we had him 2020-2023 (the first 3 years were low) AND added in the $31 mil dead cap we  have in 2024.

Diggs actual 4 year average with the bills was just under $20 mil......yep... thats a fair contract for both team and player for a 4x pro bowler.

had diggs continued with us for the next 4 years (2024-2027) it would have averaged $19 mil (or 8 years at $19.5 mil/yr)

i would not call that a disaster contract

2020- $14.8

2021-  $6.4

2022- $11.7

2023- $14.8

2024- $31.0

TOTAL - $78.7

4 yr AAV- $19.7

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bouds said:

Feel like the Cover1 guys brought up some good points, Allen has to step up, last couple of years he hasn’t done much in the off-season by his own admission. Time to step and lead the new guys, flat out all eyes on him now.  This wasn’t all on Diggs, he has his share of the blame, but maybe Allen’s getting a complacent and this is a way to get everyone in check.  

Move on from Diggs, he may have asked for a trade because Beane flat out would not deny it, which is strange.  Diggs gets a new start, Bills get some compensation, and Josh has to lead the new guys and focus on ball. 

McDermotts always talking about competition and challenging guys, and it’s clear that this will be a really challenging year for a lot of the Vets on this team. The old guard is gone, time for everyone to focus up, and get their heads right or they’re in for a rough season. 

Allen has to step up here? He should have been the league’s MVP last season. I don’t care if he sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day if he keeps playing at that level.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Maddy Glab vindicated.  Basically all the hot mic caught was Maddy saying Diggs was difficult to work with.   

3 things cannot be hidden- the sun, the moon, and the truth

• Like (+1) 5