Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

We taking Brock Bowers with that?

Hopefully things change, but it seems like most have the 3 QB’s and 3 WR’s going 1-6.

Let’s all do our part and hype up JJ McCarthy. 

If we can’t get one of the big 3, I don’t have much of an appetite trading up for Brian Thomas .. just double up at WR early if we want to burn next year RD1. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have not seen any Bills players former or current comment on the trade.  The Bills do a decent job keeping things in house but not even a "good luck in Houston, we will miss you" type thing from his teammates??  Not even a "thats wild".  The silence is rather telling.

I just posted Dawkins tweet

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bears only have 4 picks in 2024 draft.  High probability one of the top 3 WR’s is there at pick 9. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bears only have 4 picks in 2024 draft.  High probability one of the top 3 WR’s is there at pick 9. 

and whos the pick ?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

WR with previous history of being team cancer proves to be… a team cancer. 

It’s almost like these WR’s that act up in the media and force their way out of multiple different teams are actually the problem. 

Antonio Brown light. 

Certainly looks that way today.  I thought the "diva" narrative was lazy and over played but looks like the Bills did a good job of keeping the true extent of the problem in house.  This dead cap hit screams Beane, McD, and the locker room were done with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, In Summary said:

I'm ok with the trade. If this is a bit of a reboot year with letting costly vets go then sure, do it all at once and move on. I'm actually glad to see the Bills move a player a year early rather than a year too late.

Belichick was known for getting rid of players a little early rather than late, and somehow they kept winning.  Hope we can too.

Just now, Beck Water said:

Nate Geary's take.  Agree/disagree?

Nate Geary needs to stick to the vibes report.  While he is covering the AFC South who is monitoring the vibes? The vibes may be off right now and we would have no way of knowing.  Can't get enough of a grown man talking about vibes, by the way.  X, formerly known as Twitter, is a blessing for those of us who are all about the vibes.  Its a vibe.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

The only explanation is that the Bills felt that it was a move that HAD to be made and the Texans were the only takers. I don't like it, but what can you do?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I know losing Diggs is a big deal. But we still have a lot of spots on the roster that need young players besides WR. Trading away a lot of picks including next years first isn’t worth it when a good WR will be there at 28 imo. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Hard disagree.

People should check the Texans last-place schedule from last year.  Very few impressive wins, imo.  Stroud was a revelation - and could be great this year.  Or, opposing DC's could catch up a bit, and he could have a sophomore slump.

And if they are better, it's great strategy by the Bills.  Does anyone think Diggs is gonna be happy w/ his targets on that team? Is he even their best receiver?

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

I know losing Diggs is a big deal. But we still have a lot of spots on the roster that need young players besides WR. Trading away a lot of picks including next years first isn’t worth it when a good WR will be there at 28 imo. 

I thinks its a mixed bag

But I wouldnt go that hard and go for nine

Sure move for the guys you feel fit.

We aint gettin Marvin Harrison jr so ...

Just now, Success said:

Hard disagree.

People should check the Texans last-place schedule from last year.  Very few impressive wins, imo.  Stroud was a revelation - and could be great this year.  Or, opposing DC's could catch up a bit, and he could have a sophomore slump.

And if they are better, it's great strategy by the Bills.  Does anyone think Diggs is gonna be happy w/ his targets on that team? Is he even their best receiver?

I’ve been musing about this same thing. I certainly can’t see him being a mentor to their young WRs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

The only real needs are Safety 2 or 3, depth DT or Veteran Edge 

IMO one of the top 3 WR’s would be worth it.  

I wouldn’t mind staying at 28 and the moving up in the 2nd for another one as well either

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bad take.

Nate Geary was clearly a guy who was dying on the “Diggs ain’t going anywhere” hill, and now his brain is broken.

Beane and co. are paying Diggs an extra $3M this year to not play here. That’s what they think of him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Joe Mixon tweet is interesting. Makes me think Diggs not only wanted out, but wanted Houston. 

Bills granted that wish. Perhaps Houston was the only one knocking for Diggs?

Beane said in his presser we received other calls, even last year

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

to be fair you are using 30 year old values 

that said, I’d give quite a bit for a $25-30m wr on a rookie deal for 4 years, whichever guy that may be. 

I very well could be but kind of assumed that the NFL being set in their ways used the same grading system from then.  I don't know which is the latest and greatest for comparing draft picks.  Never was something I have cared about.

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Joe Mixon tweet is interesting. Makes me think Diggs not only wanted out, but wanted Houston. 

Bills granted that wish. Perhaps Houston was the only one knocking for Diggs?

Two other receivers to hide behind when he plays like dog ***** in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'm guessing those calls started coming in when they changed to Brady as OC.

This is a joke right? Diggs was acting up in TC this past year! He ran the Minnesota playbook to a T. 

He tweets cryptic ***** and acts out. This is how Beane knew he was available in Minnesota, and this is how teams knew he was gettable now.

We need to stop deluding ourselves. This didn’t happen overnight. The whole cryptic tweet topic is a referendum on people who need to wake up. Maybe the guy who has now forced his way off two teams with weird comments and weird behavior DID IT ON PURPOSE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The only real needs are Safety 2 or 3, depth DT or Veteran Edge 

IMO one of the top 3 WR’s would be worth it.  

I wouldn’t mind staying at 28 and the moving up in the 2nd for another one as well either

I’d move up for Harrison, but not sure much difference between Nabers, Odenzu and Thomas to move up too high.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is a joke right? Diggs was acting up in TC this past year! He ran the Minnesota playbook to a T. 

He tweets cryptic ***** and acts out. This is how Beane knew he was available in Minnesota, and this is how teams knew he was gettable now.

We need to stop deluding ourselves. This didn’t happen overnight. The whole cryptic tweet topic is a referendum on people who need to wake up. Maybe the guy who has now forced his way off two teams with weird comments and weird behavior DID IT ON PURPOSE.

Character is destiny. I didn't think it would happen, because I didn't think Beane would take on that massive cap hit.

And I thought you bring in a WR2, hopefully, that can grow into WR1. That kind of plan is out the window. I think they need to do more.

Diggs must have been a real piece of work to make this the best option.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm guessing those calls started coming in when they changed to Brady as OC.

anyone with a pulse knew it was a matter of when, not if…. 

im sure there’s been steady pulse checks

wouldn’t be shocked if they were sitting on this offer for a minute and when they saw the tweet they said screw this guy and picked up the phone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

yeah, but we prob should have traded him earlier perhaps (prior to last year. although perhaps Kincaid and Shakir not as developed then getting cb1 coverage who knows)?

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not really.  Yes there could have been calls before and Beane probably scoffed at them but when they were sitting at 6-6 and about to change OC's, then the calls sounded a bit more reasonable is all I was getting at.

I know it didn't happen overnight, it started 2 years ago when they extended him and Diggs probably felt like he was "untouchable" within the organization.

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He has the added bonus of playing in the south, which means a lot of dome games.

He also has Bobby Slowek calling the plays and running the Shanahan system where guys are Constantly WIDE TF OPEN, which can’t be understated. On the flip side, Josh is asked to play backyard football just making stuff up as he goes since no one is ever schemed open. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Diggs probably has wanted out since last year and Bills knew he wasn’t going to play nice with a new alpha receiver the Bills plan on drafting. That would only make the diva drama worse so it was time to cut the cord now for team chemistry. Diggs is on the downside of his career trajectory. Some alphas can’t live with another alpha. He probably wanted no part of teaching his replacement. That’s just the way uber competitive guys are sometimes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One of the toughest things for successful teams in sports to do is to move a declining player early, rather than late.  Hopefully that is what we did here.  His numbers down the stretch would imply as much.

I really hate that we moved him within the conference.  I would have much rather seen him in the NFC.

The Cap hit this year is significant but it looks like it frees up a lot moving forward.

Time for Kincaid and Shakir to step up.

This year's Draft just got a helluva lot more important, and it was already shaping up to be crucial.

In Beane I still trust.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1