Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Good luck to Stroud who had zero pressure last year. He gets an aging diva who demands the ball. When last year he just played.. Josh is probably thrilled Brady can dial up plays that can go to any receiver!

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Grade Beane’s Diggs Trade

True grades are always seen in hindsight, but I give it a "D" at present.  The compensation is inadequate IMO.

On the other hand, we take on a bit more dead cap and clear a hunk of cap space next season.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

feels like we've done this backwards.

Year 6-7 of Josh Allen, you'd like to be making a trade for a #1 wr to win now. Wish we could turn back the clock & simply draft Justin Jefferson, who everyone had mocked to us. This almost feels like thats what Beane is doing here, trying to go back to draft his Justin Jefferson. Just remains to be seen if the guy we draft can live up to that. Bold bold move by Beane.

I don't.  Josh was a young QB who had issues and Diggs helped him gain the NFL confidence he needed.

Diggs has done his part.  Now it's time for Josh to make good WRs out of average ones.  

• Agree 6

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

Boo hoo they have no money to add a legit WR. Relying on a rookie is not the answer. 

KC and the Rams seemed to get a lot of production out of picks 55 and 177.  Dell in the 3rd round was contributing.  Josh Downs.  Jayden Reed.  

This draft is supposed to be better than that one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Boo hoo......like Beane is going to leave the team with no legit WR?!?

....need a tissue?

I mean, he pretty much did so in 2018 with a rookie QB and 2019 with a developing QB.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He will be on his best behavior until he gets a new deal.   This deal puts him on notice because his guarantees are now gone.   He was fine in Buffalo until he got the extension.   It's human nature.  Like getting paid up front to do a job.  The eye tends to wander toward what's next.   That's where the quality of character comes in and unfortunately Diggs doesn't have much of that.

i agree with the first half of your statements...not sure about his character. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Boo hoo they have no money to add a legit WR. Relying on a rookie is not the answer. 

Relying on an aging self-centered WR is not the answer........never was.

.....need a tissue there, son?

• Agree 3

Yeah, I don't think I need to wait on this one to make a call.

While some of the Diggs criticism was legit, the man had four consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons. That's every year we has with us.

Was he on the downside of his career? Decent odds. But you cannot tell me that he didn't have some gas left in the tank and couldn't be used in 2024 and 2025.  

I was dumbfounded when I heard "a second round pick". I was floored when I found out it was for 2025 AND gave up a 5th and 6th this year. 

Beane gave up picks. To take on cap space. To see no benefit until 2025. And in doing so created a massive hole on the roster and make everyone and their mother know the Bills need a WR1 and strangling our leverage. If this move would be done, at least wait until draft day.

F. 

F-

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sweats said:

Relying on an aging self-centered WR is not the answer........never was.

.....need a tissue there, son?

Never said that. I'm not upset at all. I'm also not expecting much next season. I'm expecting the team to take step back. Relying on rookie WR isn't the answer either. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If they view 2025 draft as better and get a good offer?  I'm down.   Right now it looks like we're doing a mini roster reset.

i'm calling it a retool. it's not a rebuild.

our benchmarks are set. the cabinets and infastructre is there.

they can trade back from the 1st and get 2 2's this year for a WR and an OL, with 3 picks in the 2nd or some other configuration. 

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Guessing here but:

1.  You are looking to get the best deal. They were the only ones that offered you something or at least to the level they did.

2.  You think Digg is declining.  Maybe, MAYBE he doesn't decline that much this year or has a bounce-back season.  But you aren't worried that much about this year as this is a re-tooling/get under the cap year for the Bills.  Next year (2025) is the year you load back up, and by then, you are SURE Diggs is on the dowside and no longer making the Texans that much better.

3.  You think you matchup with Houston well with or without Diggs, but anything you can do to have someone else knock-off the Chiefs or Bengals before you see them in the playoffs is a plus.

I hear you. But as currently constructed I think the Houston roster now beats the Bills in a playoff matchup. 

• Haha (+1) 1