Help needed for upcoming TSW Mock Drafts

Virgil

Hey everyone, it's about that time for us to have our 3 TSW Mock Drafts.  My goal is to have the sign-up sheets out this Friday or Saturday, with the Mock 1.0 starting on Monday (giving people Easter off).

A few years back, we had some people help support the drafts by creating player breakdowns, BPA's, and just other context.  I'm writing this to see if anyone wants to volunteer to support?

I'm looking for 1 or 2 people that can help create a google doc that can be accessed by all, and then maintained by the creator live.  So it needs to be someone who can keep up with the picks for the most part.  Specifically, I'm hoping to find people who can help make:

1. Position of Need per team - Just a one pager that lists all 32 teams and what positions they are looking for in the draft.  This shouldn't be done at the opinion of who makes the sheet, but take the time to review multiple local articles for that team and create a consensus.
  2. Player Rankings - Someone who can list player rankings for incoming rookies.  This sheet would break them out, both by position, and overall ranking.  Basically, there'd be a list of each position and a rank beside them that shows their rank by position and overall BPA.  For example, Caleb Williams might be QB 1, but BPA 2 behind Marvin Harrison.  I would also like the rankings to be based off CBS Sportsline or ESPN, since those are both accessible by most posters here. 
  3. Trade Commissioner - This one is optional.  I typically do this role, but I'm fine with letting someone else do it if they want.  Basically, all trades need to be approved by this person via PM with both involved teams.  For this draft, we will use the standard trade chart value sheet.

Once those are made, a link will be made to the google doc to help any GM's making their pick (or me if I have to make the pick for them).  

For those who volunteer, if any, I will require you to be in good standing on this board, same as I do for Mock GM's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hey everyone, it's about that time for us to have our 3 TSW Mock Drafts.  My goal is to have the sign-up sheets out this Friday or Saturday, with the Mock 1.0 starting on Monday (giving people Easter off).

A few years back, we had some people help support the drafts by creating player breakdowns, BPA's, and just other context.  I'm writing this to see if anyone wants to volunteer to support?

I'm looking for 1 or 2 people that can help create a google doc that can be accessed by all, and then maintained by the creator live.  So it needs to be someone who can keep up with the picks for the most part.  Specifically, I'm hoping to find people who can help make:

1. Position of Need per team - Just a one pager that lists all 32 teams and what positions they are looking for in the draft.  This shouldn't be done at the opinion of who makes the sheet, but take the time to review multiple local articles for that team and create a consensus.
  2. Player Rankings - Someone who can list player rankings for incoming rookies.  This sheet would break them out, both by position, and overall ranking.  Basically, there'd be a list of each position and a rank beside them that shows their rank by position and overall BPA.  For example, Caleb Williams might be QB 1, but BPA 2 behind Marvin Harrison.  I would also like the rankings to be based off CBS Sportsline or ESPN, since those are both accessible by most posters here. 
  3. Trade Commissioner - This one is optional.  I typically do this role, but I'm fine with letting someone else do it if they want.  Basically, all trades need to be approved by this person via PM with both involved teams.  For this draft, we will use the standard trade chart value sheet.

Once those are made, a link will be made to the google doc to help any GM's making their pick (or me if I have to make the pick for them).  

For those who volunteer, if any, I will require you to be in good standing on this board, same as I do for Mock GM's.

Hey @Virgil, can’t wait for the Mock. I’ll do the Position of Need to help out

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Virgil, this CBS site has players ranked overall and by position, hope this helps in some way.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Yup, that's basically what I'm looking for.  However, it doesn't show what round each player is rated at.  For example, the #2 and #3 Centers are valued as 3rd round picks.  I would like to show that.

Just need someone to copy that into a google doc and remove names as they get drafted.

24 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Thanks boss.  If you can throw it together by Monday, that would be great.  Once I get the other Google Doc together that shows position rank, we can add your data to another tab.

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm in and down to help out.  Tomorrow is a busy day at work but I should be able to put something together Wednesday to help this flow.

Thanks boss.  What part did you want to help with?

Edited by Virgil

@Virgil aweosme.  Can’t wait for the draft.  Willing to hep with position rankings or positions that teams are looking for.  Can split up teams or positions with whoever else wants to help.  Just let me know what to do. Appreciate you running this again. 

Edited by RyanC883

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yup, that's basically what I'm looking for.  However, it doesn't show what round each player is rated at.  For example, the #2 and #3 Centers are valued as 3rd round picks.  I would like to show that.

Just need someone to copy that into a google doc and remove names as they get drafted.

Thanks boss.  If you can throw it together by Monday, that would be great.  Once I get the other Google Doc together that shows position rank, we can add your data to another tab.

Thanks boss.  What part did you want to help with?

Whatever is needed.  I can pull together any of it fairly easily.  I can manage the list of players google doc.  We can play it by ear until wednesday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, section122 said:

Whatever is needed.  I can pull together any of it fairly easily.  I can manage the list of players google doc.  We can play it by ear until wednesday.

Perfect.  Please feel free to utilize @CNYfan and @RyanC883 to help with the workload.

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

The job is yours.  If anyone else replies in this thread and wants to help out, please feel free to reach out to them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Still need a trade approval commissioner if anyone wants the job.  

Again, not a big deal, as I work from home and handled it in prior years.  Just figured I'd offer it up if someone would like to do it.  

But you really would need to be available throughout the entire draft process, which I know isn't easy to do.

Edited by Virgil

I love the TSW mock drafts and I appreciate the work you always put into them @Virgil I always look forward to them every year. :thumbsup: I also appreciate everyone putting in the leg work. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

I love the TSW mock drafts and I appreciate the work you always put into them @Virgil I always look forward to them every year. :thumbsup: I also appreciate everyone putting in the leg work. 

The mock draft threads have become the best threads of the year. They are interesting. People do the research & take their responsibility seriously. We end up with a pretty realistic look at the decisions teams will have to make.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The mock draft threads have become the best threads of the year. They are interesting. People do the research & take their responsibility seriously. We end up with a pretty realistic look at the decisions teams will have to make.

With a 3% success rate 😜

• Haha (+1) 1