Britt Reid Prison Term Already Commuted

He served only 16 months of his 36-month sentence and the Missouri governor, a big chief fan, commuted his sentence, he is now a free man.

This after he went to prison once for having a "drug emporium" at his house along with his brother and was arrested for a Road Rage incident pulling a gun on someone.  Meanwhile, the little girl he slammed into still has serious medical issues.

I am certain EVERYONE would get the same break he got.

Probably not the right forum but this really p*sses me off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Angry 16
  • Agree 3

The NFL is just a different class of people. Sorry.

Remember Zac Stacy? And the home video of him slamming his girlfriend into the wall and then onto their baby's stroller? Then he fled the jurisdiction? He got six months in jail for a beating that could have easily killed her.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Remember Zac Stacy? And the home video of him slamming his girlfriend into the wall and then onto their baby's stroller? Then he fled the jurisdiction? He got six months in jail for a beating that could have easily killed her.

I saw that video.  That was awful.  Just a bad guy.  Hopefully bad ***** happens to him for the rest of his miserable life..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After raising a family I adopted the attitude that I almost exclusively judge people based on the behavior of their children. I found this works really well. I found respect for folks I didn't think I would like very much because their kids are great and vice versa. 

By that standard Andy Reid a piece of *****. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, BeastMaster said:

This is what happens when you have corrupt people in positions of power

This country is loaded with them at the highest levels

Although true that is only part of the story.  The harm done to this child was done by someone with no self control, and clearly no conscience.  The governor, however corrupt, would not have had to commute anything if this scumbag hadn’t gotten drunk and ruined a 5 year old kid’s life.

32 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I read the story and the little girl's family is really upset. They were never contacted or anything concerning his commutation. Andy Reid may be a great coach but I have to really question his parenting skills. 

He's not really a parent. He fathered a child, and then worked 80 hours a week from dawn to dusk. People that work like that shouldn't have kids to begin with. Most people shouldn't have kids for that matter. We all act like it's a thing everyone should do - kind of like driving a car. The truth is that most people are terrible at it - and they should be because there's literally no training that any of us receive for raising a human being and given that most of us have a litany of problems due to being raised with those same limitations, it makes us especially unqualified to perpetuate it.

It's like if the only career training you ever got was from the guy that started the day before and now on day two you're the trainer. It's madness.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

this douchebags record pretty much solidifies him being back in jail again eventually.  probably will do something even worse in the future.    but hey,  go Chefs right?  gj Missouri governor.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

this douchebags record pretty much solidifies him being back in jail again eventually.  probably will do something even worse in the future.    but hey,  go Chefs right?  gj Missouri governor.

House arrest until 10/31/2025.  He probably will end up back in jail by the end of the year.  

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He served only 16 months of his 36-month sentence and the Missouri governor, a big chief fan, commuted his sentence, he is now a free man.

This after he went to prison once for having a "drug emporium" at his house along with his brother and was arrested for a Road Rage incident pulling a gun on someone.  Meanwhile, the little girl he slammed into still has serious medical issues.

I saw this as soon as it was reported and I didn't post about it because I didn't want to "feel the rage".

Don Parsons (Mo Gov who commuted the sentence) is a total Piece of Work.  Syncophant, Cronyist, politically expedient.

Tough on crime, tough on criminals, gonna sit back and let the wheels of justice take their due course - until and unless, of course, it's politically expedient for him

• Like (+1) 2

Parsons is an absolute POS. That said, this was one of hundreds of commutations done at once.  It doesn’t appear to have involved political favors.  Britt just happened to be one of many, many irresponsible people who have overcrowded Missouri jails.

• Dislike 2

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It’s infuriating to hear Reid was released.  I would be shocked if Andy’s relationship with the governor premeditated this.  

I’ll hesitate to make any judgement about Andy as a person or a father because we don’t know for sure - but I would question whether a release is helpful for Brit or just another way to enable him

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

Did she fit in the stroller?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Parsons is an absolute POS. That said, this was one of hundreds of commutations done at once.  It doesn’t appear to have involved political favors.  Britt just happened to be one of many, many irresponsible people who have overcrowded Missouri jails.

You honestly believe that his last name had nothing to do with it?  Come on man?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

Really?  How come it dropped on like at 5pm Friday if it was such good news for all involved?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Really?  How come it dropped on like at 5pm Friday if it was such good news for all involved?

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

You honestly believe that his last name had nothing to do with it?  Come on man?

It legit had nothing to do with it.  It’s caused a huge uproar in the city.  He could rot in jail as far as I’m concerned.  Britt actually served more time than average for his crime which is why he was on the list of commutations.  No politician is stupid enough to hurt his own aspirations like this intentionally.  He’s not a KC guy in any way, shape, or form.  No chance he’s doing favors for the Chiefs.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

It legit had nothing to do with it.  It’s caused a huge uproar in the city.  He could rot in jail as far as I’m concerned.  Britt actually served more time than average for his crime which is why he was on the list of commutations.  No politician is stupid enough to hurt his own aspirations like this intentionally.  He’s not a KC guy in any way, shape, or form.  No chance he’s doing favors for the Chiefs.

I completely disagree…Britt also has a prior record and deserved way more time.

19 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Because he’s a Chiefs fan and doesn’t want to fathom the possibility that his favorite coach could be involved with getting his son out of trouble which he’s continually done for the past two decades.  

Edited by JohnNord

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I completely disagree…Britt also has a prior record and deserved way more time.

go figure - the Chiefs fan defends the Reid family 🤷‍♂️

I’m not defending Britt at all.  I just said he can rot in prison as far as I care, but I guess you know more about Kansas City politics than I do.  Feel free to be outraged over something you clearly have spent a grand total of 10 seconds familiarizing yourself with so that you can come to an opinion based on what you want to be true rather than reality, though.

Those who prefer to base their opinions on actual facts should be pissed off at the system that allows hundreds of dirt balls off easy instead of only being mad about the one whose last name is Reid.

Edited by Billl
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s infuriating to hear Reid was released.  I would be shocked if Andy’s relationship with the governor premeditated this.  

I’ll hesitate to make any judgement about Andy as a person or a father because we don’t know for sure - but I would question whether a release is helpful for Brit or just another way to enable him

It’s not helpful for Britt nor anyone else in the community.  Unfortunately, we’d rather crowd the jails with non-violent offenders and let actual dangers to society do their thing.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m not defending Britt at all.  I just said he can rot in prison as far as I care, but I guess you know more about Kansas City politics than I do.  Feel free to be outraged over something you clearly have spent a grand total of 10 seconds familiarizing yourself with so that you can come to an opinion based on what you want to be true rather than reality, though.

Those who prefer to base their opinions on actual facts should be pissed off at the system that allows hundreds of dirt balls off easy instead of only being mad about the one whose last name is Reid.

How about the Marcellus Williams case?  

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I saw this as soon as it was reported and I didn't post about it because I didn't want to "feel the rage".

Don Parsons (Mo Gov who commuted the sentence) is a total Piece of Work.  Syncophant, Cronyist, politically expedient.

Tough on crime, tough on criminals, gonna sit back and let the wheels of justice take their due course - until and unless, of course, it's politically expedient for him

Wrong name.

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Hey dude you seem like a smart guy.  A real business man type.  I have a buddy in Brooklyn who is getting divorced and wants to make sure his wife doesn’t get a lot of money.  He needs to sell his bridge.  Super cheap.  You in?

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

House arrest until 10/31/2025.  He probably will end up back in jail by the end of the year.  

Just in time to get tanked at a Halloween party and drive home.

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hey dude you seem like a smart guy.  A real business man type.  I have a buddy in Brooklyn who is getting divorced and wants to make sure his wife doesn’t get a lot of money.  He needs to sell his bridge.  Super cheap.  You in?

17 minutes ago, Billl said:

It’s not helpful for Britt nor anyone else in the community.  Unfortunately, we’d rather crowd the jails with non-violent offenders and let actual dangers to society do their thing.

Mother of girl injured in Britt Reid crash shocked by commutation

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39708520/mother-girl-injured-britt-reid-crash-shocked-commutation

This is gut wrenching… and I’m sure the pardon has nothing do with Parsons fandom… imagine trying to defend this.  Draw your own conclusions… 

”Jackson County prosecutor Jean Peters Baker told ESPN last week she would have never agreed to a plea deal if she knew Reid would serve only 1½ years.

Parson, a self-proclaimed Chiefs fan, attended the Super Bowl in Las Vegas last month where the Chiefs won their third Super Bowl in four years. He received a tattoo to commemorate their win in 2023.

Miller said she was not notified by the governor's office about the commutation, and she said she has not personally heard from Reid or his family since the accident. Asked if she would take their calls, she said "no."

Edited by JohnNord

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Mother of girl injured in Britt Reid crash shocked by commutation

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39708520/mother-girl-injured-britt-reid-crash-shocked-commutation

This is gut wrenching… and I’m sure the pardon has nothing do with Parsons fandom… imagine trying to defend this 

”Jackson County prosecutor Jean Peters Baker told ESPN last week she would have never agreed to a plea deal if she knew Reid would serve only 1½ years.

Parson, a self-proclaimed Chiefs fan, attended the Super Bowl in Las Vegas last month where the Chiefs won their third Super Bowl in four years. He received a tattoo to commemorate their win in 2023.”

The part of the article where the mom wonders aloud what would have happened to her if she was drunk, ran into Reid’s car and injured Reid’s kid, is particularly thought provoking.  I think the answer is obvious.

And the DA can say all she wants about not accepting the plea agreement if she knew it would be commuted.  3 years, even if fully served, was never enough for this dirt bag.  

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Parson, a self-proclaimed Chiefs fan, attended the Super Bowl in Las Vegas last month where the Chiefs won their third Super Bowl in four years. He received a tattoo to commemorate their win in 2023.”

Wow, that is messed up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

The part of the article where the mom wonders aloud what would have happened to her if she was drunk, ran into Reid’s car and injured Reid’s kid, is particularly thought provoking.  I think the answer is obvious.

And the DA can say all she wants about not accepting the plea agreement if she knew it would be commuted.  3 years, even if fully served, was never enough for this dirt bag.  

It’s infuriating…