Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

a great RB is a big help

Production from the position is what matters.

You add up Barkley and Jacobs careers and they have produced a very league-average 4.2 yards per carry.

I know people think that the running game is coming back..........but in reality yards per rush were down across the league last year(from 4.5 in 2022 down to 4.2 in 2023)..........and Barkley and Jacobs were both under 4.0 yards per carry.

Paying those guys that money is just stupid..........but it is common for teams to make stupid mistakes in the first days of free agent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It's actually good news IMO. We weren't going to re-sign him anyways, but now he gets included in the comp pick formula.

I suppose, I just hate to watch the guy who had the first double-digit sack season for us since 'Zo walk. 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Production from the position is what matters.

You add up Barkley and Jacobs careers and they have produced a very league-average 4.2 yards per carry.

I know people think that the running game is coming back..........but in reality yards per rush were down across the league last year(from 4.5 in 2022 down to 4.2 in 2023)..........and Barkley and Jacobs were both under 4.0 yards per carry.

Paying those guys that money is just stupid..........but it is common for teams to make stupid mistakes in the first days of free agent.

agreed. These RB contracts are super dumb.

Even if a team wanted a really good free agent RB, the market is flooded with them. Can probably wait a week or so and get someone for the same production and half the cost.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

This sucks 

*****.  Hopefully Von gets it together and we don't miss him.  This one sucks because of the cap.  That's a solid deal for him and I would've had no issues paying him that if we had the money.

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Another Marino Bills target bites the dust. Wasn't expecting guys like Duvernay and Gaines to be early Day 1 signings.

I think that is a consequence of the cap going up so much. 

Just now, mannc said:

Have you seen any hint of a decline?

Yes, Hill struggled in a few games in the back half of the season and there were games where he wasn't really a factor at all. He'll still likely be great, but towards the end of the year.. he will be banged up and less effective. Sound familiar?

45 minutes ago, appoo said:

That's not how that works

Totally could have done that. Wonder if Beane sent in an offer

I'm shocked he got so little.

4 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Yes, Hill struggled in a few games in the back half of the season and there were games where he wasn't really a factor at all. He'll still likely be great, but towards the end of the year.. he will be banged up and less effective. Sound familiar?

He was playing hurt. He's one of the top 2 WRs in football.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

To be fair … no…

But when you are dependent on that electric speed… and  not much else… I think Hill could decline quick 

There is a difference between fast players losing a step... And world class speed losing a step

Unless he has terrible lower body injuries... He's going to be able to maintain top notch NFL speed till he's 32-33

He's built like an Olympic sprinter and those guys can run till 30s

Losing a step he'll still go from 4.3 to 4.46 lol still fast af

Edited by Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

*****.  Hopefully Von gets it together and we don't miss him.  This one sucks because of the cap.  That's a solid deal for him and I would've had no issues paying him that if we had the money.

I would.  He completely fell off towards the end of the season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

There is a difference between fast players losing a step... And world class speed losing a step

Unless he has terrible lower body injuries... He's going to be able to maintain top notch NFL speed till he's 30-31 

Once your in your 30’s hamstrings are a b!?$h.  He’s not running straight go routes like sprinters. 

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Once your in your 30’s hamstrings are a b!?$h.  He’s not running straight go routes like sprinters. 

No ... But speedsters like Don Beebe.. and James lofton

And DeSean Jackson... All kept their speed until they're 30s

And none were as fast as hill

Just now, Roundybout said:

He's only 31, I would have gladly done the 2 year, $20 million

Gotta get younger as a team and spend less on the defensive line

Floyd was never in this team's plans beyond last season

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless he has terrible lower body injuries... He's going to be able to maintain top notch NFL speed till he's 32-33

Losing a step he'll still go from 4.3 to 4.46 lol still fast af

I’ll say he has two years max as a Top 10 receiver 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

No ... But speedsters like Don Beebe.. and James lofton

And DeSean Jackson... All kept their speed until they're 30s

And none were as fast as hill

Didn’t DeSean have hamstring problems late in his career?  Beebe and Loftin were straight line speedsters.  They weren’t catching a 2 yard slant juking 7 DBs/LBs and taking it 80 yards to the house.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He was playing hurt. He's one of the top 2 WRs in football.

Yea, that's what happens when players get old. They get hurt more easily and take longer to recover. Glad you figured that one out finally.

Edited by Malazan

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

Yea, that's what happens when players get old. They get hurt more easily and take longer to recover. Glad you figured that one out finally.

Or they just get hurt because they get hit hard, which is what happened. Football is a rough game. Hopefully you'll figure that one out someday.